PDA

View Full Version : First day of free agency

Don Cherry
08-01-2005, 10:27 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=627 border=0><TBODY><TR></TR><TR><TD class=stitle>http://images.tsn.ca/images/elements/mini-chev2.gif</TD><TD class=stitle>Monday, August 1</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://images.tsn.ca/images/elements/sp.gif</TD><TD>http://images.tsn.ca/images/elements/sp.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Boston Bruins - Acquired winger Brad Isbister from the Edmonton Oilers for a fourth round pick in 2006.

Columbus Blue Jackets - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Francois Beauchemin.

Florida Panthers - Signed unrestricted free agents Joe Nieuwendyk and Gary Roberts.

Los Angeles Kings - Signed unrestricted free agent Tom Kostopoulos.

Minnesota Wild - Signed unrestricted free agent Andrei Nazarov.

St. Louis Blues - Signed unrestricted free agent Aaron Downey.

Panthers make the first splash with the aging Nieuwendyk and Roberts.

I hear one of the biggest signings - and one of the first on the horizon- will be Calgary re-upping Igilnia. He will set the bar for what the rest of these guys get.

Also keep an eye in Boston. Joe Thornton will either have to agree to a long term deal or get dealt- possibly before the season starts. Boston doesn't want to lose him for nothing next season.

Makaveli
08-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Columbus also just signed Adam Foote

SABURZFAN
08-01-2005, 10:48 PM
i would have loved for us to get g.roberts.he's one of my favorite players in the NHL.he plays hockey the way it's supposed to be played.

camelcowboy
08-01-2005, 10:51 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:blowup:

Have we even talked to any body. God, is there even any rumors on who we are talking too

SABURZFAN
08-01-2005, 10:53 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:blowup:

Have we even talked to any body. God, is there even any rumors on who we are talking too

take your complaints to the "Ax Ruff and Regier" thread. :snicker:

clumping platelets
08-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Sabres re-sign F Rob Ray and sign F Tie Domi. They will form the "mafia" line with fellow enforcer Andrew Peters :dizzy:

I better not see this headline :mad:

SABURZFAN
08-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Sabres re-sign F Rob Ray and sign F Tie Domi. They will form the "mafia" line with fellow enforcer Andrew Peters :dizzy:

I better not see this headline :mad:

that would be awesome.send those 3 out there to goon it up would be worth seeing.that would start breaking out some of the larry playfair memories.

pyrrhonist
08-01-2005, 11:48 PM

That's quite a chunk of change, too, for a non-mobile defenseman in the "new" and "fast" NHL. Wow, what will Niedermeyer get, then? :nervous:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-02-2005, 12:05 AM
that would be awesome.send those 3 out there to goon it up would be worth seeing.that would start breaking out some of the larry playfair memories.

You can't do it anymore it says in the rules that if you send your tough guy out and he gets into a fight the player gets a one game suspension and the team gets fined. I have a feeling that your going to see less fighting because of this new rule. Ray even said that he was done playing at the SABRES draft party last Saturday. He said that this new NHL will not let players fight and that's where Ray and Domi made their living. Why do you think the SABRES didn't offer a contract to Boulton because of the same reason. The NHL wants to speed up the game and to do that it means NO FIGHTING! :blowup:

SkateZilla
08-02-2005, 04:25 AM
dont be suprised if satan ends up in euro league