PDA

View Full Version : Offense Engages In Competitive Battle

LifetimeBillsFan
08-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Here's the take on the Bills' Monday practices that is posted on the Bills' website: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3288

The parts I found most interesting were:

'"We're starting to use a lot more plays and a lot more difficult formations, shifts and motions," said J.P. Losman. "We're starting to put some bulk in the offense and it's starting to get interesting."'

and:

'"The best thing about J.P. to this point is that he's hitting the right guys," Mularkey said. "It is a progression. He's going to the right people. That's important and our guys are doing a good job getting open for him and making catches for him."'

To me these two quotes indicate that they are taking a very methodical approach to bringing JP along and that they are primarily interested at this point in seeing that he follows his progressions on each play and goes to the proper guy with the ball--almost without being concerned with how he is delivering the ball at this point.

It also sounds as if the coaches and the defense feel that he is coming along well. Now, of course, you have to take into consideration that this was posted on the team's website, so it's not likely that it is going to contain anything negative, but it does sound like things are coming along well so far.

Tinboy
08-02-2005, 07:08 AM
I agree it's looking pretty good so far, JP seems to be better and better everyday. I'm still counting on Willis to take the load on offense and hopefully JP will be able to fill out in a nice way. The most important thing right now is that he hits the recievers, makes good throw and ignore the bad ones.