X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Cap Update 8/2

I have submitted another cap page update to Dozer. I do not know when he will be able to make the changes, so here's a capsule:

As of 8/2, I have the Bills $3,2234,124 under an adjusted salary cap of $85,721,000 with $5,482,941 "dead cap"

Missing info: Bonuses for RB Burns, TE Neufeld, and many of the UDFAs. Maybe a Deion charge or two, and since he's not signed, Kevin Everett.

I estimated signing bonuses for CB King and OL Geisinger. They will not likely be off by much.

Points to make:

Nate Clements can be re-signed without creating new cap space. Why? His salary is $2.5 million. His extension could lower the salary to as low as $540,000 (vet min for Nate). That's $1.96 million of cap space to utilize on signing bonus proration, roster bonus, etc

Terrence McGee can be re-signed but his extension will add to his 2005 cap number.

It's possible that both could be extended without creating additional salary cap space. Ho0w? Well, Bills will get some cap space back once players are cut to the final 53 man roster. I do not consider this "creating" because it's required of all teams before the season starts

Toodles
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Re: Cap Update 8/2

I think Nate gets done in the next few weeks. TD has had nothing but positive things to say about him, and Nate said he wants to play his whole career here (Bills Daily, Dills Digest). I think he gets a 6 year 48million contract with a 10-12 mil sign bonus, and for a guy as talented as him, and for someone who means so much to the defense, he's well worth it.
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• clumping platelets

It will take between $15-20 million of guaranteed money to get him to forego FA IMO

That's not all signing bonus. It could be $10 million up front, then big roster bonus in 2006 & 2007. Depends on how it's structured, but all together, I cannot imagine he would settle for less than someone like Ken Lucas

Comment

• vicmantak
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        Nate Clements can be re-signed without creating new cap space. Why? His salary is $2.5 million. His extension could lower the salary to as low as $540,000 (vet min for Nate). That's $1.96 million of cap space to utilize on signing bonus proration, roster bonus, etc

Terrence McGee can be re-signed but his extension will add to his 2005 cap number.

It's possible that both could be extended without creating additional salary cap space. Ho0w? Well, Bills will get some cap space back once players are cut to the final 53 man roster. I do not consider this "creating" because it's required of all teams before the season starts
        clumping,

First of all, thanks for your cap information and update. It really makes things way easier.

On the other hand, I would like to see Bills re-signing or extending Clements for more years. If Vincent is playing at this level at 36 years old, IMO it's wise start thinking to offer him a 10 year extension.
        Reasons:

1. He's not injury prone
        2. The best all-time Bills CB
        3. All time starter
        4. Low profile
        5. Has the frame and size to finish his career as a Safety

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
        - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

of course we're interested.

good job clump.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• clumping platelets

10 yr contract makes little sense because signing bonuses can, at this time, only be amortized for 5 yrs. It will likely change when the CBA is extended but for now it's only 5 yrs. It could be offered but his agent would likely ignore such an offer because it would take Nate out of future FA.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by vicmantak
              2. The best all-time Bills CB
              4. Low profile
              2. I'd still put Butch Byrd ahead of him but he's getting there
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

low profile as in he doesnt go pointing his gun at people in the offseason or do cocain with david boston.

i agree.. he has attitude on the field and he dont ever have to worry about hearing his name in the news due to off the field issues.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

As of 8/2, I have the Bills $3,2234,124 under an adjusted salary cap of $85,721,000 with $5,482,941 "dead cap"

Can the Bills open up more money by converting Williams' $3mil bonus?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

They already converted it over a month ago

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Can the Bills open up more money by converting Williams' $3mil bonus?
                      that's old news.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

They already converted it over a month ago
                        Originally posted by Mikey82
                        that's old news.
                        wtf was I?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

It was in the Buffalo News twice

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

It was in the Buffalo News twice
                            it was a very busy July...

Comment

• clumping platelets

Excuses, excuses

Comment

Working...
                              X