PDA

View Full Version : Moss up to his old tricks...

Pride
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Moss not about to change, ready for more crazy antics :down:
By JANIE McCAULEY, AP Sports Writer
August 1, 2005

NAPA, Calif. (AP) -- Randy Moss apologized for any absurd on-field antics before the fact -- Oakland's new star receiver is still going to celebrate in the same fashion he always has.

And the Raiders are completely embracing his do-it-my-way approach.

``There's no telling what you're going to see,'' Moss said Monday in his first interview of training camp. ``I love what I do. I love having fun. When it comes to big games, you never know what you're going to see out of me. As long as we win, I'm just having fun. If the antics come, then I'm here to apologize first before they even happen. I'm going to have fun, man, believe that.''

Moss, traded from the Minnesota Vikings in early March, still considers himself the NFL's top receiver. He's anxious to return to top form after a frustrating season a year ago, when he was limited by a hamstring injury and didn't reach 1,000 yards receiving for the first time in his seven seasons.

He finished with 49 catches for 767 yards and 13 touchdowns.

After initially saying he preferred to stay in the background with his new team, Moss now realizes his visibility makes it impossible to avoid being a leadership figure for a franchise that lost many of its key locker-room personalities over the last two years.

``I think just my name and what I've done makes me one of the leaders of this team,'' he said. ``You know, I really didn't want that. I just want to go out here and play football and let my skills and my play lead. If I need to go out there and lead from a verbal standpoint, then I will do that.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-moss&prov=ap&type=lgns

OpIv37
08-02-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm so sick of guys like Moss and TO and their attitudes. Ever notice how they may back up their mouths on the field, but their teams still never win?

Tinboy
08-03-2005, 01:26 AM
``I think just my name and what I've done makes me one of the leaders of this team,'' he said. ``You know, I really didn't want that. I just want to go out here and play football and let my skills and my play lead. If I need to go out there and lead from a verbal standpoint, then I will do that.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-moss&prov=ap&type=lgns

No you just want to show you're ass for the opposing fans.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-03-2005, 03:30 AM
I'm so sick of guys like Moss and TO and their attitudes. Ever notice how they may back up their mouths on the field, but their teams still never win?
Me, too!

I wish more of them would take a page out of Jim Brown's book (and their coaches would do what Paul Brown did with Jim Brown:

According to Jim Brown, when he spiked the ball in the end zone after scoring a TD in his very first practice with the Cleveland Browns, Paul Brown immediately called him over to the side and said to him, "Son, the next time you get into the end zone, act like you've been there before."

During the rest of his career, Jim Brown, who many still describe as the greatest player in NFL history, never again spiked the ball or made a big deal of scoring or making a big play. Players for opposing defenses still comment on how frustrating for them Jim Brown's nonchalant, lack of reaction was.

T.O. and Randy Moss are not the players that Jim Brown was, nor do they have s tenth of the dignity and class that he had as a player and as a man.

Meathead
08-03-2005, 04:59 AM
Only in American can you be the second best team in the world and not be considered a "winner".