X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indianabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Deion Sanders Says He Failed Steroid Test

I just saw Deion Sanders on NFL Network Total Access saying he failed a steroid test last year because he used a banned substance to treat an ankle injury. There is also an article on espn.com's NFL page. A Ravens official said it was because of a missed test. What do you guys think ?
  • footballhottie
    • Feb 2005

Re: Deion Sanders Says He Failed Steroid Test

i wish they would stop testing for roids....let them do what they want.

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by footballhottie
      I disagree. It's no big secret that a lot of them juice, but there's some who don't. If you let them use steroids, it will very quickly reach a point where you can't even make it to the NFL without them. Steroids have a lot of negative side effects and can be very dangerous long-term, plus it's not exactly behavior that pop-warner and HS football players should be emulating.

IMO steroids are cheating. If you can't perform at a pro level without juicing, you don't deserve to be there.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• footballhottie
        • Feb 2005

but my idol uses them....i have to say there ok lol its my job being his number one fan

Comment

• Captain Obvious
          I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
          • Jul 2005

but my idol uses them....i have to say there ok lol its my job being his number one fan
          Josh Stamer told you himself he uses steroids?

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I disagree. It's no big secret that a lot of them juice, but there's some who don't. If you let them use steroids, it will very quickly reach a point where you can't even make it to the NFL without them. Steroids have a lot of negative side effects and can be very dangerous long-term, plus it's not exactly behavior that pop-warner and HS football players should be emulating.

IMO steroids are cheating. If you can't perform at a pro level without juicing, you don't deserve to be there.
            agreed...look how its destroyed baseball, most of the modern records and hall of famers should have a * next to them....its freakin cheating...

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Deion Sanders is the most overated piece of garbage in the NFL.

Comment

• footballhottie
                • Feb 2005

number 1 who says he my fav football player...im yet to go public with that information....number 2 i work in a hospital i see guys like that all the time and they all use roids....i guess maybe he just works very hard and i hope he does but maybe he got some helo i duhno....he just seems really big

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Roids are not a recreational drug. They give athletes an unfair advantage and absolutely must be banned.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• footballhottie
                    • Feb 2005

Comment

• capitolneal
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

I just saw a special on HBO and there is NO hard evidence that steroids dimish health they have alot of conjecture but thats it they had this 70 yr old juicer and hell he looked good but thwy also said under doc. supervision

Comment

• PhinFan99
                        • Jan 2005

last time deion will tell the media anything obviously. This was not released to the public when it happend because they found out he didnt use steroids! When your ankle is broken you usually are prescribed something that has hormones in it, and it could trigger testing positive for "steroids". Now i log on espn and see

"Deion Sanders admits testing positive for steroids"

they twist everyones words around, no wonder why everyone hates them

Comment

• Throne Logic
                          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by capitolneal
                          I just saw a special on HBO and there is NO hard evidence that steroids dimish health they have alot of conjecture but thats it they had this 70 yr old juicer and hell he looked good but thwy also said under doc. supervision
                          Man, I wasn't going to get into this, but you sucked me in with his horsecrap.

If HBO actually ran a bit that proclaimed anything other than long term steroid use is bad, then whomever approved that programming is a flat out dumb@$$.

Do some research on your own. Pay particular attention to the effects on the heart. The problem is that, as humans, we tend to be very short-sighted. The effects that surface in 15 to 20 years mean very little compared to the here and now. Unfortunately, we're going to learn the hard way as more retired pro atheletes die from heart attacks in their 40's and 50's. Yup, there will be those who "get away with it". Not everyone loses in Russian Roulette, either.

And for all of you who don't consider steroids cheating, why is putting a performance enhancing foreign substance in your body really all that different from putting a performance enhancing foreign substance in or on another tool in the game, such as cork in a bat or stick-em on the gloves? The body is just a another tool of the game.

If you send the message to professionals that it's OK to use performance enhancing steroids, then you're sending that same message to all the kids who idolize them.

As for Deon? There are a number of steroids used in the medical field for very legitimate reasons, i.e. anti-inflammatories. I'd assume that anything from prednisone to hydrocortisone (or anything else ending in "sone") could easily lead to a failed test.

Uhg. Off the soap box.

'night all
                          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Tinboy
                            • Aug 2004

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              Roids are not a recreational drug. They give athletes an unfair advantage and absolutely must be banned.
                              Players can get just as much muscle the regular way, anyway...just a question of dedication vs the easy way out
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X