PDA

View Full Version : List your top 12

Tatonka
08-03-2005, 12:04 AM
who are your top 12 fantasy picks..

i will give you mine.

1. tomlinson - an easy pick. does it all. catches more than most receivers and is at the top in rushing yards... rarely injured and san diego has turned into a good team which helps him that much more.

2. edge - i personally think he will have a monster year and could finish as the top rb this year.. one year deal and is a money player who wants a huge payday.

3. Priest - plain and simple, if he is healthy, he is the most dominant runner i have seen in ages.. for those worried about larry johnson, priest normally has 4 tds by halftime in most games anyways.. but obviously you do have to use a later pick on johnson as security.

4. shawn alexander - stud. 15 or more tds 4 years in a row. seattle has a strong offense. was one yard short of the leading league rusher last season.

5. duece mccalister - he had a somewhat off year last year, but is still an elite rb who can catch the ball as well as run it.. the ability to do both translates into top fantasy picks.

6. jamal lewis - with his suspension behind him and the added weapsons that the ravens have added (clayton and mason).. and also having heap back.. i could see jamal pushing the 2000 yard mark that he blew up just 2 seasons ago.

7. Clinton Portis - He started slow last year, but finished strong. he had to get used to the difference in blocking schemes between denver and washington. he did very well at the end of last season and will be out to prove that he deserves the elite paycheck he gets. he is a stud that is gone if he gets in the open field.

8. Tiki Barber - i know i will take some heat maybe for having him so high, but again.. he catches tons of passes as well as runs the ball.. the guy was the number 2 rb in fantasy land in one of my league last year and he is always a guy that gets overlooked and drops a few spots. Manning will undoubtedly depend on him as his safety valve all year.

9. corey dillon - 1600 yards and 14 tds last year.. as much as bills fans dont want to admit it, the pats offense lost david givens, but added david terrell and tim dwight and Brady will be calling the plays.. i think he will have a huge year again.

10 . Dominic Davis - great running back who will drop some on the radar because he was dinged up some and didnt put up the huge numers. Carr will improve even more this year and their line improved. houston should be a solid team and davis is a good choice.

11. Willis Mcgahee - we all know about him.. my biggest concern is that he is on an offense that i think will start slow. that could really hurt him. the other is also the injury concern. he got dinged up in 4 or 5 games and has not shown he can do it for a full season.

12. Peyton Manning - some have him listed higher, which is fine.. i mean you really cant argue with a guy that threw 49 tds.. he got his whole offense back.. no reason he wont come close to those numbers.

Don Cherry
08-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Clinton Portis? Dominic Davis? Ahead of a Manning, Moss, others? I take it that this is a RB only league?

Tinboy
08-03-2005, 12:50 AM
1. Tomlinson. How could anybody not draft him first? Expectations are high but is going to deliver.

2. Alexander. Had a very good year last year and is going to build on that as Hasselbeck will rely more on his RB.

3. Lewis. Will be back in good form this season and will be above 1500+ yds.

4. Dillon. A good running who still got a couple of years in him, is going to score 10 or more tds.

5. Johnson. Had a breakout season last year and will be trying to improve that this year. The Bengals are looking good this season.

6. Barber. With Eli as QB Barber will see more handoffs this year, this year will be his third with 1000+ yds and 10+ TD

7. McGahee. Last year was impressive and I belive the best is yet to come.

8. Manning. How could you not pick him? He has 216 TD vs. 120 Ints! Nuff said.

9. Holmes. Because of his injury last year I don't rank him higher.

10. James. Is not a campy camper. Could that affect his production this year? I think so.

11. Portis. The only thing worrying me is that his td drop last year from 14 to 5(!), hopefully that will be better this year.

12. McAllister. This year will be a 1500+ yds year for McAllister so he is a good pick.

Schobel94
08-03-2005, 12:55 AM
1. McGahee
2. Evans
3. Moulds
4. Losman
5. Bills D/ST
6. Parrish
7. Burns
8. Smith
9. Gates
10. Lee
11. Reed
12. Holcomb

Hooray for Homerism!!!

tampabay25690
08-03-2005, 12:55 AM
who are your top 12 fantasy picks..

i will give you mine.

1. tomlinson - an easy pick. does it all. catches more than most receivers and is at the top in rushing yards... rarely injured and san diego has turned into a good team which helps him that much more.

2. edge - i personally think he will have a monster year and could finish as the top rb this year.. one year deal and is a money player who wants a huge payday.

3. Priest - plain and simple, if he is healthy, he is the most dominant runner i have seen in ages.. for those worried about larry johnson, priest normally has 4 tds by halftime in most games anyways.. but obviously you do have to use a later pick on johnson as security.

4. shawn alexander - stud. 15 or more tds 4 years in a row. seattle has a strong offense. was one yard short of the leading league rusher last season.

5. duece mccalister - he had a somewhat off year last year, but is still an elite rb who can catch the ball as well as run it.. the ability to do both translates into top fantasy picks.

6. jamal lewis - with his suspension behind him and the added weapsons that the ravens have added (clayton and mason).. and also having heap back.. i could see jamal pushing the 2000 yard mark that he blew up just 2 seasons ago.

7. Clinton Portis - He started slow last year, but finished strong. he had to get used to the difference in blocking schemes between denver and washington. he did very well at the end of last season and will be out to prove that he deserves the elite paycheck he gets. he is a stud that is gone if he gets in the open field.

8. Tiki Barber - i know i will take some heat maybe for having him so high, but again.. he catches tons of passes as well as runs the ball.. the guy was the number 2 rb in fantasy land in one of my league last year and he is always a guy that gets overlooked and drops a few spots. Manning will undoubtedly depend on him as his safety valve all year.

9. corey dillon - 1600 yards and 14 tds last year.. as much as bills fans dont want to admit it, the pats offense lost david givens, but added david terrell and tim dwight and Brady will be calling the plays.. i think he will have a huge year again.

10 . Dominic Davis - great running back who will drop some on the radar because he was dinged up some and didnt put up the huge numers. Carr will improve even more this year and their line improved. houston should be a solid team and davis is a good choice.

11. Willis Mcgahee - we all know about him.. my biggest concern is that he is on an offense that i think will start slow. that could really hurt him. the other is also the injury concern. he got dinged up in 4 or 5 games and has not shown he can do it for a full season.

12. Peyton Manning - some have him listed higher, which is fine.. i mean you really cant argue with a guy that threw 49 tds.. he got his whole offense back.. no reason he wont come close to those numbers.

That is a great question. THIS all depends on the league and the scoring, I will be in about 4 $$ leagues and my big one that is $250. per team is what I really concentrate on. Well here is my top 12.....

1. Every league should be Ladanian Tomlinson enough said...

2. Peyton Manning- come on guys the guy never even gets touched the whole year and throws in a dome, he might be better then last year in Fantasy points.

3. Priest Holmes-If he is healthy will be a stud again.

4. Shaun Alexander- runs for over 100 yards all the time and catches alot of balls which is good in alot of leagues. Is a very solid RB and a #1 at that...

5. Edgerrin James- well runs on the turf and plays in the best OFFENSE in the NFL, he should be a top 5 fantasy player, I also agree with you that he will have a monster year....

6. Daunte Cullpepper- OK alot of people say he wont be that good without Moss, remember Moss only had 700 yards last year and Daunte was the #2 rated QB with TD's. Minnesota is a better team and plays in the dome, look for Cullpepper to throw 30+ Tds and remember this guys can run at his size....He is a solid pickup here.....

7. Deuce McAllister- He is the man in New Orleans and gets the ball often, lets just hope Deuce stays healthy and doesnt get lazy after that huge contract he signed. I would have considered him a top 5 candidate if he hadn't signed his contract before season started...

8. CLinton Portis- Well He got a rude awaking being away from Denver and the brilliant Coach Shannahan, and there Running scheme. I see Clinton having a huge year this year being around 1500+ yards and 12+ scores, he really is the only thing on offense there and Wash loves to run the ball so look for CLinton to bounce back and have a stellar year...

9. Willis Mcgahee- Well I always had a rule NEVER to pick a Buffalo player in fantasy football and I never have. BUT it will change if I have the chance too. WILLIS is a stud and I dont think we have even seen what he really can do which really scares me. Look for WIllis to have a huge year and push for AFC MVP this year...YEA I SAID IT!!!!!

10. Randy Moss- My rule of thumb in the 1st round in this years fantasy draft is usually a RB, but Moss will put up big numbers with Kerry Collins throwing the ball. Collins is a very accurate thrower and Moss will be going deep all game. So dont pass this guy up!!!! He never lets down fantasy owners

11. Jamal Lewis- From what I have heard from his time in jail is that he feels great and healthy, I look for Lewis to put up big numbers again. I look at him as a top 3-4 RB this year and in Baltimore you know he will get the carries...Remember he plays against CLEVE twice and TENN twice enough said there...

12. Marvin Harrison- The most underrated fantasy player ever to play the game..Well Peyton throws to him, that says enough!!!!!!!! Look at this guys numbers the last 5 years the are amazing and alwasy overlooked.......

My honarable mention guys....
Torry Holt
Corey Dillon
Terrell Owens (depends on contract status)
Chad Johnson
Rudi Johnson
Domanick Davis
Tiki Barber
Curtis martin

I knows it real early on who to pick but this is a pretty good list, I know the list will change in the next few weeks....Take care Guys

LifetimeBillsFan
08-03-2005, 03:08 AM
I agree that it all depends on the scoring. I'm in two leagues that reward the running game and receiving moreso than passing. I've been doing mock drafts with that system, using different VBD systems, and P.Manning isn't even a first round pick because, in that scoring system, it is so important to stock up on productive RBs while you have the chance to do so. LT2 is # 1 in virtually every scoring system I have seen, including this one, but, after him, I think it really depends on the scoring and type of league (keeper vs re-draft vs dynasty) as to how you rank everyone else.

Tatonka
08-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Clinton Portis? Dominic Davis? Ahead of a Manning, Moss, others? I take it that this is a RB only league?

i believe there is a significant drop off in rbs after the top 20 or so.. that drop is not as significant between the top qb and a middle of the pack qb. imho.

i just dont like taking qbs early, so my top 12 reflects that.. it is amazing that i even put a qb in there.

Bulldog
08-03-2005, 08:03 AM
i believe there is a significant drop off in rbs after the top 20 or so.. that drop is not as significant between the top qb and a middle of the pack qb. imho.

i just dont like taking qbs early, so my top 12 reflects that.. it is amazing that i even put a qb in there.

I don't like to take QB's early in the draft either. But Manning is the exception to the rule. The league I'm in is very much RB heavy, but I still don't think I would pass on Manning if he were there around 6 or 7. The numbers that guy put up last year were silly.

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2005, 08:55 AM

Manning is the only sure fire first rounder. All the other top QB's have some pretty serious question marks around them.

Meathead
08-03-2005, 09:12 AM

stfu

Sigh, I guess this isn't a secret anymore.

footballhottie
08-03-2005, 09:13 AM
o man...i still need to do this

jdbillsfan
08-03-2005, 10:28 AM
My top 12:

1) LT: Not much question about this pick. Usually that is a jinx though. Whenever there seems to be a clear #1 pick, something happens. He gets hurt, etc. I would still pick him at #1.

2) Willis: Not sure how much of this is bias, but Willis is a beast. I usually shy away from Bills players as well, but he lit it up on a bad offense last year. Why wouldn't he be able to build on that after what sounds like an incredible offseason workout for him. Shuan Alexander seems to be a popular option here, but I just think the bills are going to feed Willis the ball. We'll see.

3) Shaun Alexander. I like his oline, and with the loss of Koren Robinson, maybe they will run even more. He seems to have games where he scores 3 or 4 td's, then does nothing, but he consistently ranks high by the end of the season.

4) Jamal Lewis. The ravens have built up their WR corp and have a good oline, which should create room for Jamal. He is a big back who can put up a lot of yards.

5) Kevin Jones. The lions have upgraded their oline and have upgraded their WR corp. He has breakaway speed and power to churn out yards. He has over 1100 yards last year on all 14 games started. Average 4.7 yards a carry and 5 TD's. He also seemed to get stronger as the year went on.

6) Corey Dillon. He reminds me of McGahee actually, just not as dynamic. He is consistent and proved to NE that he can be counted on. I think they will go to him more this year.

7) Edge. The main thing holding edge back seems to be Peyton Manning. The colts seem to like to pass more around the goal line then hand off. I had EJ last year and he would either get pulled out near the goal line, for Dominic Rhodes or Manning would pass it in. He is a good player on a good offense though, which means a lot of opportunity.

8) Deuce McCallister. I would have him higher, but the Saints just seem to be a team that can never do anything right. Maybe this is the year they put it all together and give Deuce the ball, but they still seem to think that Aaron Brooks can pass their way to victories.

9) Portis. Portis seems to be the only decent threat on the SKins offense. They have Jansen back which should help. I can see the skins passing to him more out of the backfield is well. Gibbs like to use his RB's as workhorse's and they have adjusted the blocking schemes to fit Portis's style which is a good sign. He may actually be a good sleeper pick if he drops this far.

10) Priest Holmes. Injuries are the only thing that pushes him back this far, otherwise he is a number 1. He is sharing the load with Larry Johnson in training camp and still has discomfort in his knee, which isn't a good sign. Seems like you have to pick Larry Johnson in the 4 or 5th, if you pick Priest.

11) Peyton Manning. I normally don't pick QB's as well, but the only other option for me at this point would be WR, like Moss, Owens or Chad Johnson and I think Manning is probably a better choice at this point.

12) Randy Moss. There are a lot of options here and since you probably have two picks in a row, Moss and Domanic Davis might be good options. Since Moss moved teams, there is some hesitation, but since Norv likes to go down field and Collins can throw it, I think he will have a big year. I am not worried about him changing systems, because TO showed it can be done pretty easily last year.

I have a draft on Sunday (A little early unfortunately) but would appreciate any feedback.

Sportsuser101
08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
I've done 4 ESPN drafts and McGahee has gone in the top 5 every time. He went #1 in the 2nd draft I did. I know what you're thinking but I didn't pick him any of those times although I would take him at #3. Tomlinson and Holmes are my top 2 followed by Willis. The guy who picked Willis #1 is a Jet fan too. Go figure.

Shasta McNasty
08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
1) LT
2) Alexander
3) Priest
4) Peyton
5) Deuce
6) J. Lewis
7) Edge
8) Dillon
9) Willis
10) Moss
11) K. Jones
12) J. Jones

FlyingDutchman
08-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I've done 4 ESPN drafts and McGahee has gone in the top 5 every time. He went #1 in the 2nd draft I did. I know what you're thinking but I didn't pick him any of those times although I would take him at #3. Tomlinson and Holmes are my top 2 followed by Willis. The guy who picked Willis #1 is a Jet fan too. Go figure.Agreed, I dont understand how some of you have Willis at the rear of the top 10 or out of it....IMO he is the 3rd running back taken. LT, Priest, Willis.....I would almost rather have Willis over Priest considering Priest is starting to get up there in age, Larry Johnsons success last year, and the fact that Buffalos offense will revolve around Willis who is bound to get 25 carries a game and a lot of chances inside the redzone.....I also think Moss should be top 10 (why so many RBs?)

Sportsuser101
08-03-2005, 05:53 PM
RBs are the key to winning any fantasy league. I always take 3 RBs with my 1st 3 picks.

Tatonka
08-03-2005, 06:56 PM
if i have 2 strong RBs, i will go WR .. but definately 2 RBs first.

chubluv
08-03-2005, 09:59 PM
1. McGahee
2. Evans
3. Moulds
4. Losman
5. Bills D/ST
6. Parrish
7. Burns
8. Smith
9. Gates
10. Lee
11. Reed
12. Holcomb

Hooray for Homerism!!!

Nothing wrong with being a :homer:

chubluv
08-03-2005, 10:02 PM
My top 12 are:

1. Tomlinson
2. P. Manning
3. Alexander
4. Holmes
5. McGahee
6. Edge
7. Culpepper
8. Portis
9. J. Lewis
10. R. Moss
11. McCallister
12. Dillon

Sorry for no explanation thats just the way I see it. :up:

Tatonka
08-03-2005, 10:06 PM
you dont have to explain.

just wondering how people see it.

i wish some of the *****s in the Big Money league would post. :mad:

:snicker:

ParanoidAndroid
08-03-2005, 10:21 PM
My top 12 are:

1. Tomlinson
2. P. Manning
3. Alexander
4. Holmes
5. McGahee
6. Edge
7. Culpepper
8. Portis
9. J. Lewis
10. R. Moss
11. McCallister
12. Dillon

Sorry for no explanation thats just the way I see it. :up:
No need for me to post my list. Ditto this one!

SyraBillsLican
08-03-2005, 10:53 PM
This IS how it is going to be, there will be no other variations. Trust Me:

1)Tomlinson- just all around greatness

2)Alexander -Jeez Louise this guy just doesnt stop with the TD's, does anyone remember that 5 TD performance in 1 half? that was impressive

3)Manning- (you always get a ****** pickin a QB this early)

4)Holmes- if he can stay healthy. hell, he led me to two strait championship games. won the first then last year he all up and got injured.

5)James- hestitated with him here, he gets the yards rushing and rec wise, but NO TD's

6)McGahee- hell, id pick him above any but tomlinson

7)Louis- no bars means no reason for under 1500

8) Ahman Green- HOW DID EVERYBODY JUST FORGET ABOUT HIM? Hes killed me every single time ive played him in a fantasy game. i think im 0-50 against teams with green, excepting last year of course. HE WAS INJURED, i mean c'mon.

9)Moss- (another stupid mistake by people thinking that Moss will be even half as good with Collins throwing to him instead of Culpepper. I'm sick of people saying the raiders will be good: NO DEFENSE, A BACK-UP RB and COLLINS? TO THROW TO MOSS. Ummm, no)

10)McCallister-as long as Haslett realizes that Brooks will never be able to take that team to the playoffs and decides to just give it to Deuce 24/7, he'll have an amazing year

11)Portis, not a horrible year last year, but he'll do much better this year with a top notch Passing game that is Washington..... NOT. the skins'll have no choice but to give it to this amazing blend of slipperyness and speed

12)Culpepper/TO, toss-up. culpepper got no moss, TO should have equal numbers at least

tampabay25690
08-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Agreed, I dont understand how some of you have Willis at the rear of the top 10 or out of it....IMO he is the 3rd running back taken. LT, Priest, Willis.....I would almost rather have Willis over Priest considering Priest is starting to get up there in age, Larry Johnsons success last year, and the fact that Buffalos offense will revolve around Willis who is bound to get 25 carries a game and a lot of chances inside the redzone.....I also think Moss should be top 10 (why so many RBs?)

Come on!!!!!

Yea I love Willis to but Priest runs and catches in a team that only has Offense if Priest is healthy you cant take Willis over him. If this is the way you think you wont be winning any fantasy football soon.....But yea I agree WIllis should be in the top 10......

tampabay25690
08-03-2005, 11:06 PM
This IS how it is going to be, there will be no other variations. Trust Me:

1)Tomlinson- just all around greatness

2)Alexander -Jeez Louise this guy just doesnt stop with the TD's, does anyone remember that 5 TD performance in 1 half? that was impressive

3)Manning- (you always get a ****** pickin a QB this early)

4)Holmes- if he can stay healthy. hell, he led me to two strait championship games. won the first then last year he all up and got injured.

5)James- hestitated with him here, he gets the yards rushing and rec wise, but NO TD's

6)McGahee- hell, id pick him above any but tomlinson

7)Louis- no bars means no reason for under 1500

8) Ahman Green- HOW DID EVERYBODY JUST FORGET ABOUT HIM? Hes killed me every single time ive played him in a fantasy game. i think im 0-50 against teams with green, excepting last year of course. HE WAS INJURED, i mean c'mon.

9)Moss- (another stupid mistake by people thinking that Moss will be even half as good with Collins throwing to him instead of Culpepper. I'm sick of people saying the raiders will be good: NO DEFENSE, A BACK-UP RB and COLLINS? TO THROW TO MOSS. Ummm, no)

10)McCallister-as long as Haslett realizes that Brooks will never be able to take that team to the playoffs and decides to just give it to Deuce 24/7, he'll have an amazing year

11)Portis, not a horrible year last year, but he'll do much better this year with a top notch Passing game that is Washington..... NOT. the skins'll have no choice but to give it to this amazing blend of slipperyness and speed

12)Culpepper/TO, toss-up. culpepper got no moss, TO should have equal numbers at least

Ahmad Green is a decent 2nd back now, if we were talking 2-3 years ago Ahmad would be a top back. Look at Green Bays line now it is not good and the team looks to throw now instead. Wait till late 2nd round for Green instead, and you will be fine...

BuffaloRanger
08-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Not my words:

"Easily the most stubborn of all fantasy football owners, the stud running back theorist will start a draft intent on taking a running back in either the first two rounds, or at worst getting two running backs in the first three rounds. What's wrong with taking two running backs in the first three rounds? Absolutely nothing. The problem with this theory occurs when those two running backs don't represent the best value available at the time they were picked. The object of fantasy football is to outscore the team you are playing week to week. The stud running back theorist throws this logic out the door when they take these players regardless of who is left on the board. This theory can be summed up in an admittedly condescending sentence: Stud running back theory doesn't care how many points a fantasy player is going to score; it's much more important to have two good running backs all season even if that theory causes the owner to lose every week. It's always great to play with these guys as you can usually grab top tier wide receivers and quarterbacks while they are wasting their picks on a running back of a similar caliber you can grab a few rounds later."

Why would you go 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds? I want to be in your league.

In fact if you select a RB at #5 (12 team league)why should you be locked in to RB at #20?

Think about this...

At #20 you have the choice between the 15th RB or the # 3 WR

In the 3rd round (#29) you have the choice between the 20th RB or #7 WR.

Projected points:

#3WR 250__or___#15RB 200
#20RB 170__or___#7WR 170

In this example if you went WR then RB you end up ahead.

unpaid_bills
08-03-2005, 11:15 PM
1 LT
2 Priest
3 Willis
4 Manning
5 Ahman Green
6 Alexander
7 Edge
8 Dante
9 McCallister
10 Tiki Barber
11 Julius Jones
12 Jamal Lewis

Michael82
08-04-2005, 06:55 AM

:no:

But thanks for your help. :up: :snicker:

Philagape
08-04-2005, 08:23 AM

Well, I'll just go ahead and post my whole position-by-position list along with my round-by-round value chart, how bout that?? :crazy:

Philagape
08-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Why would you go 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds? I want to be in your league.

Last year I drafted 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds and won the championship

:couch:

Tatonka
08-04-2005, 08:30 AM
:no:

But thanks for your help. :up: :snicker:

chicken..

Well, I'll just go ahead and post my whole position-by-position list along with my round-by-round value chart, how bout that?? :crazy:

ok.. that will be fine.

me too the year before.. and i think i lost 1 game that whole year.. philagape.. sorry.. the championship is mine this year.. even with the handicap of picking in the 9th spot.

Michael82
08-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Go ahead. :dance:

:pray:

Sportsuser101
08-04-2005, 09:20 AM

Defending champ in my league for 3 consecutive years. Lost the year before that but won the 1st year we did it by using this strategy. RBs get injured way too often to not take 3 RBs in the 1st 3 rounds. For instance last year I took Deuce McAllister. Luckily I had Domanick Davis in the 3rd or I would have been in trouble.