PDA

View Full Version : Good thing we have that level playing field now.

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2005, 10:33 AM
We should be signing big time FA's any time now. :up:

clumping platelets
08-03-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm waiting with breathless an-ti-ci-PATION! :rolleyes:

FreddyvsJason
08-03-2005, 11:04 AM
BREAKING NEWS..........Sabres resign Bob Corkum to a 5 year 25M deal!

clumping platelets
08-03-2005, 11:12 AM

:woot:

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Yeah....or they sign Timmy Connolley.

Patrick76777
08-03-2005, 11:16 AM
It’s ridiculous! The friggen Penguins just signed Gonchar to a 5 year 25 Mil deal. THE PENGUINS!

clumping platelets
08-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Tie Domi's still out there :up:

SkateZilla
08-03-2005, 12:02 PM
It’s ridiculous! The friggen Penguins just signed Gonchar to a 5 year 25 Mil deal. THE PENGUINS!

The Penguins had no salary, the traded everyone away cept fluery,

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Lotta talk here that the Blackhawks are going to sign Khabibulin.

qcsabresfan84
08-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Lotta talk here that the Blackhawks are going to sign Khabibulin.
wow, that would be pretty devestating to the lightning. especially if their backup is still john grahame. they also lost cory stillman to the hurricanes yesterday.

Patrick76777
08-03-2005, 12:42 PM
The Penguins had no salary, the traded everyone away cept fluery,
My point is that the Pens have the worst financial situation of any team in the league.

clumping platelets
08-03-2005, 12:52 PM
If the Bulin wall goes to Chi-town, maybe we could send one of the goalies to TB :idunno:

SkateZilla
08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
My point is that the Pens have the worst financial situation of any team in the league.

The New CBA CHanges alot of that...

look at other teams that usually dont have money paying players average 5+ Million a Year, meanwhile we just dumped satan ... i think he'll be signed to a 2 year 13.5 mill deal by some team in our division.. dont be suprised if he ends up in Toronto..

camelcowboy
08-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Crosby is the Pens winning Lotto ticket. He's going to be on the tonight show, he's a "star in the making" Hes going to save that franchise. Isn't it strange that he ended up in Pittsburg?

SABURZFAN
08-03-2005, 05:42 PM

yeah....but the question is.....WHEN????????? :mad:

Turf
08-03-2005, 06:47 PM
I can't stand watching Darcy stroke himself until March again waiting for something to happen.
We have signed no one outside of the organEYEzation, and have let our two highest paid players go. Now what? Is there a small market lecture around the corner? I hope Tom wants to win.

pyrrhonist
08-03-2005, 08:44 PM
The New CBA CHanges alot of that...

No need to be a Buffalo apologist, Skate. The fact is, the Sabres have cap room, and they're sitting on their asses. By the time Darcy actually makes a feasible offer to anyone, everyone is going to be signed. There is no chance Niedermeyer is coming to Buffalo, so he can kiss any chance of having an "impact" blueliner goodbye---Which is what this team needs most. Plus, it needs goal scoring, and badly. After dumping 1 of our 2 only explosive goal scorers (Satan---Yes, I realize many of you have forgotten he's got the skill to score), we need to see that replaced ASAP, as well. Well, Darcy, all of them are going to be gone too.

But not to worry--We've got talent waiting to jump to the NHL from Rochester! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BuffaloRanger
08-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah, rookies with potential! How exciting it will be to watch them develop.

The Sabres are screwed. They aren't looking at the market realistically. Do fans want to hear excuses like "that player wasn't worth that". No. A player is worth what he can get. Supply and demand. Limited number of quality Dman means the price will be high. But that is a price that must be payed.

If the Sabres make no moves in FA will anybody be looking forward to this season?

Typ0
08-03-2005, 11:39 PM
yes I will be looking forward to the season. Actually, even if we don't have the talent this year but have a lot of young developing players...that will be exciting if they all play hard. Because not too long ago we were so worried about their even being a Sabres organization in Buffalo...I'll give the management the benefit of the doubt that they will do what they need to do to save the health of the franchise here and perhaps some day in the future be able to put a squad together to be a contender. That means I expect to be headed in the contender direction but will put up with some mediocrity in the mean time. What I won't put up with is people who don't show up to play I don't care how good they are.

chubluv
08-03-2005, 11:54 PM
whats all the fuss we are sitting on our hands because we are set up for this situation we have all full roster except for a stud 2-way blueliner. This is the way the organization wanted it. We are young and electrifing accourding to management so we are just gonna have to trust them for now. I mean all these other teams are signing 5 players at a time is because they dont have anyone on they're roster after the new CBA went into effect. Personally I dont want any of those older type d-man that are going to other teams except for maybe Acoin b4 he went to the blackhawks. Maybe we will make atrade for the final piece to our puzzle?