• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kolbiss
    AJ FEELEY..WORST QB RATING IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!! 61.7
    • Dec 2003

Left tackle has me worried!

I know its a bit early, but I was hoping for good news out of TC that Gandy was holding his own out there. All that I have heard so far is how bad it has been. Needless to say, I am a bit concerned. This could be the difference between a win and a loss in some games. Is there any reason to think we can improve this position either with a FA, or a player switch. Is Peters really challenging for the job???
  • bills_fan_atic
    • May 2003

Re: Left tackle has me worried!

If worse comes to worse, Trey Teague will move over to that position. Right? I mean, at worst, he could be at least as good as Jonas Jennings who was solid but not great in the first place.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Ross Verba is still out there too...

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        Ross Verba is still out there too...
        True, but the Bill's brass still has to get Clement's contract figured out. Speaking of which, I read in the Buffalo News that his agent is in town for camp and talks are underway. This guy is really going to cost us some serious cheese so I think at this point, we are DONE signing any free agents.

Sorry for changing the subject. So back to the LT situation...

Based on the transformation of our offensive line last year from previous years, there is no doubt that McNally is among the best, and I trust that he will have our line in good shape at some point. There are those who will argue that a coach can only do so much. I see it differently. Every player in this league, regardless of position, has the talent and potential to succeed, otherwise they would have never made it to the NFL to begin with. That being said, coaching IS the difference, and it is up to them to help these players develop. SO I think the players we have in camp right now, will get the job done.

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

Its just way too early to dismiss anyone...yet. The coaching staff will know when to pull the plug.

Comment

• John Doe
            Florida Man
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kolbiss
            All that I have heard so far is how bad it has been.
            You are listening to the wrong people.
            Last edited by John Doe; 08-03-2005, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jmb1099
              Its just way too early to dismiss anyone...yet. The coaching staff will know when to pull the plug.
              Aint that the truth, you always have to have faith in the coaching staff. If worst comes to worst Teague will get moved outside and we have a pretty decent starter in Ross Tucker at center. Just in my opinion thats what i think will happen. If Gandy isnt getting it done he just cant be in the lineup. But ya know it is still too early to judge right now. We will find out if Gandy has what it takes by the third or fourth preseason game. That might be too late to have Trey Teague start playing LT again but hes played it before in Denver so im not too worried.
              Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

[QUOTE=John Doe]
                Originally posted by Kolbiss
                All that I have heard so far is how bad it has been. /QUOTE]

You are listening to the wrong people.
                He's reading the reports here like everyone else. As of right now, your LT situation is not a strong one. If he pulls it together, fine, but I'm finding that the ones who are doing well the first week are the ones who are going to do well the last week in terms of OL play. It's very different for QB's, RB's, and WR's. They do well in practice and stink up the place in games. Having quite figured out why. But anyway, Vil..is one of your best OG's and shouldn't be move to T. That will hurt you up the middle. And JP needs sometime without having someone in his face as he falls back to pass...I think his athleticism can buy him time from a DE rush.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• John Doe
                  Florida Man
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                  He's reading the reports here like everyone else.
                  Like I said, maybe he should listen to someone else:

“I thought Gandy and WIlliams both looked rock solid when I was there. “
                  sjhbillsfan

“I went to camp on monday and I focused on LT a lot. I especially watched Gandy and Peters. Peters did okay for a new comer at the position. To my surprize, I thought Gandy did very good things. I took notice of him getting off the snap real quick. He was always in the defenders face and didn't really let anyone get around him. His footwork looked real good and he was very physical and held his ground.”
                  Allwaysabillsfan

“Schobel didn't budge Gandy in the line drills at mondays afternoon practice.”
                  Allwaysabillsfan

“I was impressed by Gandy during that series because he is mobile.”
                  Bring It

“Tackle Mike Gandy has looked pretty good”
                  TransactionMonster 2

If he pulls it together, fine, but I'm finding that the ones who are doing well the first week are the ones who are going to do well the last week in terms of OL play. It's very different for QB's, RB's, and WR's. They do well in practice and stink up the place in games.
                  I'm finding just the opposite

Comment

• jmb1099
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by John Doe

sjhbillsfan

“I went to camp on monday and I focused on LT a lot. I especially watched Gandy and Peters. Peters did okay for a new comer at the position. To my surprize, I thought Gandy did very good things. I took notice of him getting off the snap real quick. He was always in the defenders face and didn't really let anyone get around him. His footwork looked real good and he was very physical and held his ground.”
                    Allwaysabillsfan

Allwaysabillsfan

Bring It

TransactionMonster 2

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                      • May 2003

He's reading the reports here like everyone else. As of right now, your LT situation is not a strong one. If he pulls it together, fine, but I'm finding that the ones who are doing well the first week are the ones who are going to do well the last week in terms of OL play. It's very different for QB's, RB's, and WR's. They do well in practice and stink up the place in games. Having quite figured out why. But anyway, Vil..is one of your best OG's and shouldn't be move to T. That will hurt you up the middle. And JP needs sometime without having someone in his face as he falls back to pass...I think his athleticism can buy him time from a DE rush.
                      I agree. It really does not sound well for Gandy. Oh well, maybe he makes it on the practice squad and develops into a solid player one day. He's young, and if he doesn't make it that far, then he can always go start for the Dolphins. He would be a stand out for that unit.

Ok so here is my guess at the starting five. At C we have Duke Preston, Bennie Anderson at RG, Mike Williams at RT. On the other side we have Chris Villarrial at LG and Trey Teague at LT. Looks strong to me.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

I'm gettin worried about Teague and his shot gun snaps....I went today and I'd say about 60% of his snaps were low and at the ankels, including one that he rolled back on the ground...On a brighter note, Lionel Gates is impressing me a lot, same with Roscoe.....

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Try this on for size. A picture is worth a 1000 words

Gandy getting beat by Edwards....uhhh...a little holding there?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

notice hows he already past him before Mcgahee even gets the ball in the backfield

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by John Doe

sjhbillsfan

Allwaysabillsfan

Allwaysabillsfan

Bring It

TransactionMonster 2

I think we should wait and talk after the scrimagge with Packers, as I can see/read from away training camp, there are good and bad comments about him, but as a loyal fans, we must give the guy a fair shot/chance.

It is wat too early to make conjectures in my opinion.
                              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
                              X