PDA

View Full Version : Bills-Dolphins '99 playoff game

Morgoth
08-03-2005, 03:30 PM
This game will be on the NFL channel tommorrow at 1200. I think that's mountain time. If anyone remembers this game it's the one where Flutie hits Moulds with a deep ball on the opening drive and as he's running downfield he gets caught from behind and fumbles. I don't remember much after that I got hammered and fell asleep in my dog's kennel crate. Ah the memories.

BillsFanCupp38
08-03-2005, 04:15 PM
we had a chance to win it at the end but Flutie got sacked. I was about 12 or 13 but i remember listening to it on the radio because my friend didnt have television.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-03-2005, 04:20 PM
i remember listening to it on the radio because my friend didnt have television.That's old school. Good ole' Van calling the game. Was your friend a Mormon?

The_Philster
08-03-2005, 04:41 PM
2pm EDT :up: I may have to tape it

Meathead
08-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I have a tough time re-watching playoff losses. I have all four SB's and I still haven't re-watched any of them.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-03-2005, 08:13 PM
I have a tough time re-watching playoff losses. I have all four SB's and I still haven't re-watched any of them.
It is very difficult but you must do it to achieve complete closure and move on. Now pull yourself together and do it!! Anyway, after watching these games I have determined my favorite play and my least favorite play:
Favorite: Thurman's 30+ yard run around the right side against the Giants for a TD
Least Favorite: No. It's not Norwood. It's Thurman's fumble at the start of the 2nd half against the Cowboys in the 4th Superbowl. If that hadn't happened.....

Nublar7
08-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up. That game was classic. :D

chubluv
08-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm gonna have to check it out, thanks

BuffaloRanger
08-03-2005, 11:57 PM
The worst was the friggin ref standing over Reed when he got up after scoring a TD. The ref called no TD (bad call#1), and a 15 yard penalty (bad call #2) on Reed who bumped him as he got up (why the hell was ref standing directly over him?) I dare any Fin fan to watch that and say those were the right calls. 2 plays later flutie was sacked and fumbled while trying to pass for a TD that Reed actually already scored.

Refs gave the game to the fins. Plain and simple.

Meathead
08-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Least Favorite: No. It's not Norwood. It's Thurman's fumble at the start of the 2nd half against the Cowboys in the 4th Superbowl. If that hadn't happened.....
That was a crushing blow, absolutely devestating to the Bills.

As good as that Bills team was, I think the roster of that Dallas team was the best in NFL history. They had 1st and 2nd round picks all over the place from the infamous Herschel Walker robbery, plus their own high draft picks after sucking for so many years. But they were very young and the Bills' vets were controlling the game.

When Thurman coughed up that ball and it was returned for a TD everything changed. You can see the entire Dallas team suddenly get the confidence they needed, and then the rout was on.

What makes it hurt even more is that Thurman almost never fumbled, then fate picked the worst possible scenario to have him drop one. Ugh. That one was the worst loss off all the SB's to me as well.

Static
08-04-2005, 12:18 PM
we had a chance to win it at the end but Flutie got sacked. I was about 12 or 13 but i remember listening to it on the radio because my friend didnt have television.

Yeah i believe that was trace armstrong......good game

ryjam282
08-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes, it was Trace.....I remember, Thurman missed the block right?

And also, wasn't it Peerless who fumbled on the opening play and not Moulds? Not sure.

MDFINFAN
08-04-2005, 01:16 PM
thanks for the info..think I will watched that..good teams good game..

The_Philster
08-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes, it was Trace.....I remember, Thurman missed the block right?And also, wasn't it Peerless who fumbled on the opening play and not Moulds? Not sure.Peerless was still catching passes from Tee Martin in college

Morgoth
08-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes, it was Trace.....I remember, Thurman missed the block right?

And also, wasn't it Peerless who fumbled on the opening play and not Moulds? Not sure.

Peerless? Step into my office...

CanaanVtBills
08-04-2005, 10:20 PM
While reading this I was waiting for someone to mention What I felt was the crucial blow to us. Then BuffaloRanger said it
That freakn botched call for Reed pushing the ref.

Tell me that game doesn't go into the memory banks as another one of those damn nail biting, three day hangover games

Also there was someone who mantioned that he never watched any of the close games or the SB's Here's to you man
Me either

How's this one for ya

I did security for the 96 Summer games in Atlanta and wouldn't you know I was part of security for the Georgia Dome. That's all I was thinking to myself. Dammit I hate this place. Then some wise guy calls me over to a area(we were in the top level upper crust area) and I said I'm not interested leave me alone
He said ahh come on take a look at this. Bastard it was the panaramic view of the field for the SuperBowl Bills vs Dalasssssssssssssss

OK one last boring note

My Mom was remarried on that day by a justice of the peace in their house and we all were rushing him to hurry up before the kickoff it was a classic Bill's fan day. YEs they still are happily married

ryjam282
08-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Peerless was still catching passes from Tee Martin in college

I thought Peerless's rookie season was 99......

Oh wait nevermind, it was the 98 season this game was played....DUH, disregard my last statement. :crap: