PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Satan

camelcowboy
08-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Islander have agreed with Satan on a three year deal. Per WGR, and they says its on TSN

SABURZFAN
08-03-2005, 05:47 PM
good riddance.... :bigwave:

Typ0
08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
good luck miro...

SkateZilla
08-03-2005, 07:54 PM
told ya he'd stay in teh division,

betcha Zhitnik is cursing right now... ****ing satan had to follow me..

Makaveli
08-03-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm actually happy about this, Isles are my second team after the Sabres so I like this mucho :D, and now I have someone to put on my Islanders 3rd Jersey :D actually thats sweet that I can put my fav player on it I was starting to think that that Isles jersey was a waste of money lol, not any more :)

pyrrhonist
08-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Unlike the haters, I'm happy for Miro. He deserves better than the bitter treatment he's getting from some supposed Sabres "fans".

Makaveli, it's funny you should say that. When I thought Buffalo was ruined, and destined for contraction (Thanks again, Rigass), I thought long and hard about what team to follow. Being a big Peca fan, I figured I'd follow him to the Isles. And now Satan is there. How crazy!

camelcowboy
08-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Unlike the haters, I'm happy for Miro. He deserves better than the bitter treatment he's getting from some supposed Sabres "fans".

Makaveli, it's funny you should say that. When I thought Buffalo was ruined, and destined for contraction (Thanks again, Rigass), I thought long and hard about what team to follow. Being a big Peca fan, I figured I'd follow him to the Isles. And now Satan is there. How crazy!
I heard on WGR today that they had a opportunity 2 years ago at the deadline to trade satan to the islander, to get peca back.

pyrrhonist
08-03-2005, 08:49 PM
I heard on WGR today that they had a opportunity 2 years ago at the deadline to trade satan to the islander, to get peca back.

I'm thinking Peca probably would've loathed that idea, seeing how he went through his year-long fight with the front office in Buffalo.

Makaveli
08-03-2005, 09:00 PM

lol thats cool, good to see another Sabre fan liking Satan, I honestly don't understand how Buffalo fans cannot like Miro

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-03-2005, 10:46 PM
I hope McKee :check:s him into the boards on Oct 5th just to welcome him back to Buffalo :snicker:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-03-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm thinking Peca probably would've loathed that idea, seeing how he went through his year-long fight with the front office in Buffalo.

What it wasn't the front office fault he wanted a five million dollar contract and the SABRES wouldn't give it to him he wasn't worth five million Then instead of being a man about it he waived the trade me sign in front of the SABRES like a little :baby: :nuk:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-03-2005, 11:12 PM
lol thats cool, good to see another Sabre fan liking Satan, I honestly don't understand how Buffalo fans cannot like Miro

I like the guy, I just didn't like that he didn't show up and play on some nights some nights he looked like a figure ska8ter instead of a hockey player he wouldn't backcheck, he wouldn't go into the corner to get the puck he was afraid he was going to get hit. He wouldn't do anything that's why Lindy benched him a couple of times. I remember we were playing Atlanta and Lindy benched him for the period and in the third period he scored like two goals and had 1 asst.

SkateZilla
08-04-2005, 06:25 AM
I hope McKee :check:s him into the boards on Oct 5th just to welcome him back to Buffalo :snicker:

Thomas Vanek Whoops his Arse One on One, and scoring a few goals..

don137
08-04-2005, 06:57 AM

I actually am still bitter towards McKee after the crap he said during the lockout.

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2005, 07:17 AM
It would be the first time McKee hit anybody in the last 5 years.

don137
08-04-2005, 08:16 AM
It would be the first time McKee hit anybody in the last 5 years.

:bf1: He has gone soft since he no longer had to prove himself like he did when he first joined the team

SkateZilla
08-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Maybe Brad Brown will whoop him...

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Brad Brown is probably my favorite Sabre right now.

Makaveli
08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Thomas Vanek Whoops his Arse One on One, and scoring a few goals..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sabre Ally
08-04-2005, 10:25 AM
ugh, no, anyone but the islanders. i can't stand them.

SkateZilla
08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Vanek, Briere and Connelly Will skate Circles Around him..

Be Funny If He Got Checked Hard By Our New COmer Numminen and Suffered the same fate as Connolly, Out a Whole Season with Post Concussion Symptoms

Makaveli
08-04-2005, 10:44 AM
lol do anti-satan fans realize that he lead the team in scoring for the past i dont know how many seasons? so without him we woulda been a big flop, bigger than we were the past couple of seasons, i can understand if you just don't care for Satan, but to wish he'll get creamed and injured is just plain wrong!!!

SkateZilla
08-04-2005, 11:03 AM
briere gets paid less and had more points.. nuff said..
I will miss him.. but meanwhile i hope he doesnt make the sabres eat a big shi-t burger for letting him go..

he didnt want to be here anyway...

The Islanders like picking up our garbage...

Bill Brasky
08-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Jesus, I might have to get Islander tickets considering they're signing up everybody unlike a certain team in WNY :mad:

Crinoline
08-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Speaking as an Islander fan, I can live with this signing.

pyrrhonist
08-04-2005, 07:35 PM
lol do anti-satan fans realize that he lead the team in scoring for the past i dont know how many seasons? so without him we woulda been a big flop, bigger than we were the past couple of seasons, i can understand if you just don't care for Satan, but to wish he'll get creamed and injured is just plain wrong!!!

It's the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome, man. Sure, he carried this team's offense for years, but no one remembers that now (If some of these people were even fans then). Since he floats now and then, that instantly makes him "teh suxorZ", or something like that. :crazed:

I know this won't undo any of the negativity, but how is this for a factual backing of what I'm trying to say:

The NHL's Top Goal Scorers Since 1998-99
Jaromir Jagr 236
Markus Naslund 227
Jarome Iginla 216
Joe Sakic 208
Brendan Shanahan 200
Mats Sundin 200
Milan Hejduk 197
Keith Tkachuk 195
MIROSLAV SATAN 194
Brett Hull 194

Pretty crappy player, eh? But no worries---An unproven guy from Rochester will move into his place, without a hitch. :rolleyes:

Vanek, Briere and Connelly Will skate Circles Around him..

I surely hope that's a joke, Skate. Connolly can't even skate in a circle, without someone in his path. :D

Makaveli
08-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I surely hope that's a joke, Skate. Connolly can't even skate in a circle, without someone in his path. :D

HAHAHA thats so true, and wow i never knew that top 10 goal scorers thing, thats f'n nice man!

buffalofan19
08-04-2005, 10:13 PM
briere gets paid less and had more points.. nuff said..
I will miss him.. but meanwhile i hope he doesnt make the sabres eat a big shi-t burger for letting him go..

he didnt want to be here anyway...

The Islanders like picking up our garbage...
It's not "enough said". Briere is a center, he's supposed to put up more points. Also, a team needs more than one player who puts up those numbers. After Briere, who even comes close, besides Satan? I have news for you. Briere can't do it by himself, and if you think that Vanek will automatically duplicate Satan's numbers, you are dreaming a pretty lofty dream. I have a feeling Vanek still has a little ways to go before he becomes a stud in the NHL, mainly because his defensive game sucks (How the hell do you score 40 goals and still be a -3?).

pyrrhonist
08-05-2005, 01:00 AM
HAHAHA thats so true, and wow i never knew that top 10 goal scorers thing, thats f'n nice man!

I was hoping that some might find that interesting. Of course, those who have it in their head that they hate him will continue to do so. I'm just here to provide the facts. :up:

SkateZilla
08-05-2005, 06:08 AM
It's not "enough said". Briere is a center, he's supposed to put up more points. Also, a team needs more than one player who puts up those numbers. After Briere, who even comes close, besides Satan? I have news for you. Briere can't do it by himself, and if you think that Vanek will automatically duplicate Satan's numbers, you are dreaming a pretty lofty dream. I have a feeling Vanek still has a little ways to go before he becomes a stud in the NHL, mainly because his defensive game sucks (How the hell do you score 40 goals and still be a -3?).

Vanek Did Fine in the AHL,

And Its not that much of a shift Considering the NHL Just adopted 90% of the New rules the AHL used that made it easy for Vanek to score...

We Still have Dumont

as for 40 Goals and a -3, thats 43 difference...271 Shots, 15.5 Sh-%

Satan Scored 29 Goals, and was -15, thats a 44 Difference...206 Shots, 14.1 Sh-%
Briere Scored 28 Goals, and was -7, Thats 35 Difference...194 Shots, 14.4 Sh-%

buffalofan19
08-05-2005, 11:08 PM
No team will be successful with Dumont as the #2 scoring option. The guy is good, but he is a complement type player, not a go-to guy like Satan is.

Vanek's defensive game is weak, no matter how you look at it. The only reason he is not a -3 is because about half of his goals came on the power-play. 5-on-5, he was a liability. I may be one of the few, but I am not sold on this guy at all. I admit, I have only seen him play two of the games at HSBC Arena, but both he was horrible on defense. He never back-checked, and looked incredibly lazy. It may only be coincidence and he just happened to be lazy on the two nights I saw him, but something makes me doubt that. Nowadays, you have to be able to play both ways in the NHL, and Vanek, as of now, can not. Satan could, as seen by the fact that he logged tons of ice time in all three phases of the game: power-play, penalty-kill and 5 on 5.

Bottom line is, the Sabres need to pickup someone else who can at least match Satan's numbers. They need someone else besides Briere to play on a different line and bolster the scoring.

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2005, 08:20 AM

Are you an Edmonton fan now that Peca is there? :D

I always thought Satan was lazy as well, and he seemed to disappear when it mattered. At times, I was amazed at how great he could play, but then he would disappear for weeks at a time. If Vanek plays similar, I can see him also being not liked in Buffalo unless he is in the top ten in scoring. Many Buffalo fans just like players who put in an honest days work. That's why many people liked Rob Ray, and like Adam Maier and Daniel Brier (sp?). I was much more sad to see Zhitnik go. I don't know who is going to replace all those minutes and will bring the puck out like he could.

Darcy is doing his best to act his normal self too. He has basically done nothing but pick up an aging veteran while the rest of the NHL is snapping up all the real talent. He should have been gone years ago along with his choice of coach.

pyrrhonist
08-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Are you an Edmonton fan now that Peca is there? :D

I never said I was an Isles fan, just that I had thought of choosing them as my team if Buffalo folded. :peace:

I do respect the Oil, though. After watching them as a kid in the 80s, who couldn't respect them (Outside of a Flames fan)? That was some great hockey. :D