PDA

View Full Version : WGR

Bulldog
08-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Why is it that WGR feels the need to talk about hockey all the time. Last time I checked, football season is right around the corner. It's almost like they have to interrupt the hockey talk to talk about the Bills. It's really getting old!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-03-2005, 08:49 PM
I agree....we can talk about Hockey in Feb.....
The Sabres aren't going to be competitive until they get some more players...so they should shut up about them. I think maybe there was some money changing hands between WGR and Mr. Gollisano....cause they are getting way too much play for this time of year.
It's not like there isn't a lot to talk about with the Bills. STUPID!

Novacane
08-03-2005, 08:55 PM
because WGR sucks

chubluv
08-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Well at least they are talking about sports now & not what s on TV tonight.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-03-2005, 10:17 PM
I am not a huge fan of GR, but hockey is relevant right now. What do you want them to not talk about a sport that is on people's minds right now? It isn't an NFL station, it is a sports station. Get Sirius and listen to the NFL channel.

FlyingDutchman
08-03-2005, 10:31 PM
I gotta random question..Does anyone know if the Bills game this weekend will be televised in Rochester?

lordofgun
08-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Ummm...WGR is the new home for Sabres hockey. That might have a lot to do with it.

superbills
08-03-2005, 10:36 PM
I gotta random question..Does anyone know if the Bills game this weekend will be televised in Rochester?

It's on NFL Network. I don't think any locals are carrying it

Philagape
08-03-2005, 10:42 PM
There's been plenty of hockey news to talk about

McBFLO
08-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Well, it is kind of a big deal that it's back. Especially with all of this crazy FA going on. Nothing like this has ever happen with a pro sports league if I'm not mistaken. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't talk about it.

bills_7
08-04-2005, 04:01 AM
I agree....we can talk about Hockey in Feb.....
The Sabres aren't going to be competitive until they get some more players...so they should shut up about them. I think maybe there was some money changing hands between WGR and Mr. Gollisano....cause they are getting way too much play for this time of year.
It's not like there isn't a lot to talk about with the Bills. STUPID!

Talk about hockey in FEB??? then why dont u talk about football in Nov then... its Americans like u why hockey suffers,,, i love football and hockey just as much...

the reasn there is so much hockey talk is b/c they jst had the draft and now all the free agents are signing now..

by the way Go Leafs!

Michael82
08-04-2005, 04:30 AM
Talk about hockey in FEB??? then why dont u talk about football in Nov then... its Americans like u why hockey suffers,,, i love football and hockey just as much...

the reasn there is so much hockey talk is b/c they jst had the draft and now all the free agents are signing now..

by the way Go Leafs!
But they purposely didn't talk about the NFL during the offseason this much. They changed topics to TV talk and a whole bunch of other crap. :shakeno:

The_Philster
08-04-2005, 05:09 AM
There's a lot going on in the NHL right now...there wasn't a high number of major activities going on for the NFL a couple of months ago...apples and oranges

Bulldog
08-04-2005, 09:24 AM

by the way Go Leafs!

Hockey suffers because the sport is :boring: as all hell. Clutch and grab, clutch and grab. Thats fun to watch. And I know that there's a lot going on in the NHL right now. I just don't need to hear people talking about it for hours on end. Some football talk would be nice considering that the season is a little over a month away. And I'm sure Americans like myself are the reason hockey is suffering right now. The fact that they skipped a whole season because the players are a bunch of greedy *****s has nothing to do with it. My bad.

Michael82
08-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Hockey suffers because the sport is :boring: as all hell. Clutch and grab, clutch and grab. Thats fun to watch. And I know that there's a lot going on in the NHL right now. I just don't need to hear people talking about it for hours on end. Some football talk would be nice considering that the season is a little over a month away. And I'm sure Americans like myself are the reason hockey is suffering right now. The fact that they skipped a whole season because the players are a bunch of greedy *****s has nothing to do with it. My bad.
Great post! :bf1:

eyedog
08-04-2005, 12:07 PM
What WGR has yet to fiqure out is that Buffalo is a football town first and hockey is the distant second class citizen. Most people could care less about the Sabres until the Bills are finished. Schopp and Bulldog are both big hockey guys and are both limited in their football knowledge, especially Schopp. I've gotten to the point recently where I turn WGR off as soon as I hear the hockey talk. It's fottball season !!! Wake the F*** up!!!!!!!!

Michael82
08-04-2005, 12:43 PM
What WGR has yet to fiqure out is that Buffalo is a football town first and hockey is the distant second class citizen. Most people could care less about the Sabres until the Bills are finished. Schopp and Bulldog are both big hockey guys and are both limited in their football knowledge, especially Schopp. I've gotten to the point recently where I turn WGR off as soon as I hear the hockey talk. It's fottball season !!! Wake the F*** up!!!!!!!!
Thank you. :bf1:

I think they are just pissed because most of the Bills organization won't even do Bills interviews with them anymore. The station tears apart the team too much.

FreddyvsJason
08-04-2005, 01:16 PM
WGR sucks big black wang

Bulldog
08-04-2005, 02:18 PM

Exactly. Hockey is a second class citizen in most cities, with the teams in Canada being the exception. IMO, the only reason that they keep pushing the hockey talk is due to the fact that they're going to broadcast the Sabres games this year. I guess the point is, there will be plenty of time to talk hockey once the football season is under way. For now, it should be all Bills, all the time.

The_Philster
08-04-2005, 04:22 PM
All the time might be a bit extreme..but the football coverage should be increased. Howard was talking Bills this morning when I was driving to work but I heard Schoop tell Bulldog this afternoon that football didn't matter much til the regular season kicked off :down:

Bulldog
08-04-2005, 08:54 PM
All the time might be a bit extreme..but the football coverage should be increased. Howard was talking Bills this morning when I was driving to work but I heard Schoop tell Bulldog this afternoon that football didn't matter much til the regular season kicked off :down:

I couldn't believe it today on my ride home from work. Not a single topic that was related to the Bills. I used to like Schoop when he was on 1280 here in Rochester. Since he left and went to Buffalo, he's turned into a major *****. He's always right and the callers are all wrong. And then he's got that fat @ss Bulldog next to him saying, "Yeah, thats right". I turned it off when I realized their entire show today was dedicated to hockey, which doesn't even start until October. Good job WGR. I mean, Buffalo does have a scrimmage tomorrow with the Packers, and not one word about it. Unreal!

Novacane
08-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Ummm...WGR is the new home for Sabres hockey. That might have a lot to do with it.

Oh Great! Now they are going to be like Empire and WNSA were and talk sabres 75% of the time even during football season. Just one more reason not to listen to that band of idiots they have working there.

Novacane
08-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Thank you. :bf1:

I think they are just pissed because most of the Bills organization won't even do Bills interviews with them anymore. The station tears apart the team too much.

that is exactly it. They have an axe to grind against the Bills and man do they get pissed when you call in and tell them that. I have personal experience :snicker:

Bulldog
08-04-2005, 09:09 PM
that is exactly it. They have an axe to grind against the Bills and man do they get pissed when you call in and tell them that. I have personal experience :snicker:

I'm going to call the whiner line and tell them that they all pretty much suck! :lmao:

buffalofan19
08-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Look. This year is the only year that WGR is doing this. Last year, it was all football in August. The year before, it was all football in August, even when there was no NHL lockout. Why? Because there was nothing going on with the NHL in August. This year is different. With the recent CBA, draft and Free Agent signings, etc, the NHL does have a relevance right now. Hell, whenever I sign onto the internet, my Dell homepage has one or two hockey headlines everyday, and that's never happened before, even before the lockout. Next year, the NHL won't be as wild this late, and it will go back to all football talk. I promise you. In a week or two when the Free Agent free-for-all in the NHL dies out, the talk will go back to all Bills again until October at least.