• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

WGR

Why is it that WGR feels the need to talk about hockey all the time. Last time I checked, football season is right around the corner. It's almost like they have to interrupt the hockey talk to talk about the Bills. It's really getting old!
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Re: WGR

I agree....we can talk about Hockey in Feb.....
    The Sabres aren't going to be competitive until they get some more players...so they should shut up about them. I think maybe there was some money changing hands between WGR and Mr. Gollisano....cause they are getting way too much play for this time of year.
    It's not like there isn't a lot to talk about with the Bills. STUPID!
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Fairway
      • Jul 2002

because WGR sucks

Comment

• chubluv
        BillsZone bowling team MVP
        • Jan 2003

Well at least they are talking about sports now & not what s on TV tonight.

We are in 5th place
        Clump is on the IR
        Chubluv average is 167
        Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
        Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

I am not a huge fan of GR, but hockey is relevant right now. What do you want them to not talk about a sport that is on people's minds right now? It isn't an NFL station, it is a sports station. Get Sirius and listen to the NFL channel.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

I gotta random question..Does anyone know if the Bills game this weekend will be televised in Rochester?

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Ummm...WGR is the new home for Sabres hockey. That might have a lot to do with it.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• superbills
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                I gotta random question..Does anyone know if the Bills game this weekend will be televised in Rochester?
                It's on NFL Network. I don't think any locals are carrying it
                "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                Ronald Reagan
                40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

There's been plenty of hockey news to talk about
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• McBFLO
                    • Mar 2003

Well, it is kind of a big deal that it's back. Especially with all of this crazy FA going on. Nothing like this has ever happen with a pro sports league if I'm not mistaken. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't talk about it.
                    Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• bills_7
                      TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      I agree....we can talk about Hockey in Feb.....
                      The Sabres aren't going to be competitive until they get some more players...so they should shut up about them. I think maybe there was some money changing hands between WGR and Mr. Gollisano....cause they are getting way too much play for this time of year.
                      It's not like there isn't a lot to talk about with the Bills. STUPID!
                      Talk about hockey in FEB??? then why dont u talk about football in Nov then... its Americans like u why hockey suffers,,, i love football and hockey just as much...

the reasn there is so much hockey talk is b/c they jst had the draft and now all the free agents are signing now..

by the way Go Leafs!

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bills_7
                        Talk about hockey in FEB??? then why dont u talk about football in Nov then... its Americans like u why hockey suffers,,, i love football and hockey just as much...

the reasn there is so much hockey talk is b/c they jst had the draft and now all the free agents are signing now..

by the way Go Leafs!
                        But they purposely didn't talk about the NFL during the offseason this much. They changed topics to TV talk and a whole bunch of other crap.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

There's a lot going on in the NHL right now...there wasn't a high number of major activities going on for the NFL a couple of months ago...apples and oranges
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by bills_7

by the way Go Leafs!
                            Hockey suffers because the sport is as all hell. Clutch and grab, clutch and grab. Thats fun to watch. And I know that there's a lot going on in the NHL right now. I just don't need to hear people talking about it for hours on end. Some football talk would be nice considering that the season is a little over a month away. And I'm sure Americans like myself are the reason hockey is suffering right now. The fact that they skipped a whole season because the players are a bunch of greedy *****s has nothing to do with it. My bad.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                              Hockey suffers because the sport is as all hell. Clutch and grab, clutch and grab. Thats fun to watch. And I know that there's a lot going on in the NHL right now. I just don't need to hear people talking about it for hours on end. Some football talk would be nice considering that the season is a little over a month away. And I'm sure Americans like myself are the reason hockey is suffering right now. The fact that they skipped a whole season because the players are a bunch of greedy *****s has nothing to do with it. My bad.
                              Great post!

Comment

Working...
                              X