PDA

View Full Version : A quote from McNally

Tatonka
08-03-2005, 10:17 PM
on bb.com they have the video from the practices today..

they interviewed Mcnally and asked him what it was about Gandy's body of work up to this point that made him want Gandy to be the new LT.

McNally's answer was that he was an outstanding athlete. he said it is the most important thing about the position.

then i started thinking about the other guys that could play the spot.. peters and teague.. both of which are... you got it.. outstanding athletes, per the coaches.

no new info.. just a little explaination about what mcnally sees in our LTs and maybe why we have not looked at a guy like verba..

TigerJ
08-03-2005, 10:35 PM
I think the Bills' coaching staff is optimistic that long term the team has the players that can do the job at LT. The question is will they have had enough time in training camp to put things together so they aren't struggling at the start of the season.

superbills
08-03-2005, 10:44 PM
I think the Bills' coaching staff is optimistic that long term the team has the players that can do the job at LT. The question is will they have had enough time in training camp to put things together so they aren't struggling at the start of the season.

Which sort of makes it a catch-22 in camp. Do you stick with a guy and hope that he takes to the position and is successful, or do you rotate guys in and out and try to guage who's best suited for the role that way? If you rotate guys in, you run the risk of having a couple of guys who could conceivably play there, but are not necessarily ready to go in full time beacause of lack of reps. Personally, I hope McNally and Co. figure out soon who the guy will be (looks like Gandy I guess) and give him the most reps possible and let it ride. I'd rather have a guy over there who's well versed in all of the schemes and protections than have a competition going on up to opening day and wind up with a guy who may be able to play, but is unsure in certain situations. That might be OK for a receiver or a tailback, but not for the most important guy on the line.

jmb1099
08-03-2005, 11:18 PM
McNally seemed pleased with Gandy lots of praise.

BuffaloRanger
08-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Are athletic guys fast healers if they get hurt? If Gandy misses time his back ups are Peters and reshuffle the line and start TT at LT.

Interesting scenario to think about...

What if...Gandy gets hurt and misses 3 games. TT moves to LT and does worse than Gandy did while Duke kicks ass at Center. When Gandy returns to LT does TT find himself sitting on the bench?

chubluv
08-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Are athletic guys fast healers if they get hurt? If Gandy misses time his back ups are Peters and reshuffle the line and start TT at LT.

What if...Gandy gets hurt and misses 3 games. TT moves to LT and does worse than Gandy did while Duke kicks ass at Center. When Gandy returns to LT does TT find himself sitting on the bench?

Are they trying any lineup changes on the O-line? Just incase there are injuries.

Tinboy
08-04-2005, 01:40 AM

Probably not, I think TT will be the primary choice for Center this year even if Duke plays well a couple of games.