PDA

View Full Version : Losman Article on NFL.com

McGahee420
08-04-2005, 07:54 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8702112

Pretty good article, I can't wait to see him light it up this year!!!!:jam:

Typ0
08-04-2005, 08:02 AM
I like what he said about leadership...it tells me he's in the right place and will draw from the experienced members of the team appropriately.

McGahee420
08-04-2005, 08:14 AM
I like what he said about leadership...it tells me he's in the right place and will draw from the experienced members of the team appropriately.
Yeah, that makes me feel like he is a TEAM player and won't hesitate to get help from the veterans. I like to hear that Teague is helping run that offense, kinda reminds me of when Kent Hull helping Kelly run plays. It gives me a feeling that this is a team of friends and not just superstars trying to do to much. This is going to be an awesome season, because I BILLIEVE!!!!!

Tatonka
08-04-2005, 08:25 AM
hell, i am excited like christmas time just to see the scrimmage.

Typ0
08-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Yeah, that makes me feel like he is a TEAM player and won't hesitate to get help from the veterans. I like to hear that Teague is helping run that offense, kinda reminds me of when Kent Hull helping Kelly run plays. It gives me a feeling that this is a team of friends and not just superstars trying to do to much. This is going to be an awesome season, because I BILLIEVE!!!!!

that is one area I give GW some credit. I think he did a lot to preserve the integrity of the organization and the ethic of the players at a difficult time. I commend him and his coaching staff for keeping us headed in the right direction even when things were bad.

Meathead
08-04-2005, 11:00 AM
You could almost see Sam Wyche's lips move when he said that.

I mean that in a good way, though. JP strikes me as very young and naturally immature compared to what he'll be in a couple years after starting a while (assuming he does). He's listening closely to the old man to help him get the perspective he could not possibly have on his own. That's pretty smart of him.

Meathead
08-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Still, I wouldn't expect too much from JP this season. If the Bills' are lucky he'll only have to throw 22-24 passes per game. And regardless of what he does in preseason, it's a virtual lock he'll throw at least as many picks as TD's.

I'd be happy if he ended his first season with these stats:

15 Starts
385 Attempts
219 Completions
57% Percentage
16 Pass TD
18 Int
350 Rush yards
3 Rush TD

HAMMER
08-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Still, I wouldn't expect too much from JP this season. If the Bills' are lucky he'll only have to throw 22-24 passes per game. And regardless of what he does in preseason, it's a virtual lock he'll throw at least as many picks as TD's.

I'd be happy if he ended his first season with these stats:

15 Starts
385 Attempts
219 Completions
57% Percentage
16 Pass TD
18 Int
350 Rush yards
3 Rush TD

Virtual lock? I am going to disagree with that statement.

justasportsfan
08-04-2005, 11:51 AM
You could almost see Sam Wyche's lips move when he said that.

At camp I had a picture w/ Sam Wyche. I was the only one in line for his autograph/picture. He asked me why wasn't I in line for the players. I told him I wasn't a player fan and cared more about the brains behind the players. He then put out his hand to shake mine and gave me a bear hug and said" you got it,right. players get the glory".

Then I proceeded to try and get my pictures taken w/ the jills and see if I can get a cupafeel. :D.

Meathead
08-04-2005, 11:54 AM
At camp I had a picture w/ Sam Wyche. I was the only one in line for his autograph/picture. He asked me why wasn't I in line for the players. I told him I wasn't a player fan and cared more about the brains behind the players. He then put out his hand to shake mine and gave me a bear hug and said" you got it,right. players get the glory".

That's a great story.

Though I'm surprised there weren't more people that wanted to talk to him. I'm like you, I'd much rather stand there and shoot the bull with somebody like Wyche than any of the players. If I could have lunch with anybody on the team I would definitely choose Sam Wyche. You're going to get a great conversation that has to do with a lot of things other than football.

McGahee420
08-04-2005, 11:57 AM

Then I proceeded to try and get my pictures taken w/ the jills and see if I can get a cupafeel. :D.
:lmao: let me know how it went

Voltron
08-04-2005, 12:05 PM

Last year Sam walked by the Helmet Crew Tailgate on his way in to the Browns game. Cordog had a friend that was all decked out in Browns apparel and Sam looked at him and pointed and said "What's wrong with that freak?!"

:lol:

ghz in pittsburgh
08-04-2005, 12:06 PM
This sounds like a fair assessment of Losman, though I'd get a chance to see myself on friday.

I liked the way Mularkay and Co. so far has stressed going thru the progression reads instead of focusing on correcting his mechanics (like throwing from the back foot etc.). I think Mularkay himself has said that so far Losman has gone to the right guy in TC, which is encouraging to me. Making a right decision is far more important than making a beautiful throw in my book.

The next step is to see if he can carry it to situations where the opponents are breathing down his neck - maybe that's why Mularkay wants to arrange for this Green Bay scrimmage along with 4 pre-season games.

He'll make mistakes. Some may be very ugly like overthrowing guys and resulting INTs. Throwing on the run - something he sure loves to do - will also increase INTs. But I'll accept all of these as long as he's going to the right guy.

The way things are shaping up, the first half the season looks to be very crucial to whether the team can make the playoff. Like what we saw from the NE game last year, I think the game has not slowed down for Losman yet, probably not until the half way point of the season, like Carson Palmer experienced last year. The Defense and McGahee gotta carry the team early: 1) getting enough wins so we don't fall into a hole like last year and 2) giving Losman a great environment to grow. Let's face it, if thing does not go well at the beginning, it's only natural for a young guy like Losman to place more burden on his shoulder and over do things.

Voltron
08-04-2005, 12:14 PM
I think that what Makes Brady such a great QB is his quick decision making and keeping mistakes at a minimum. He doesn't have a huge arm but he can let it fly if he has to. I Hope that the coaching staff has had JP watch film of Brady so he can try and emulate his type of decision making while utilizing his talents.

mysticsoto
08-04-2005, 12:38 PM

Sounds like you made his day.

:goodpost:

justasportsfan
08-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Last year Sam walked by the Helmet Crew Tailgate on his way in to the Browns game. Cordog had a friend that was all decked out in Browns apparel and Sam looked at him and pointed and said "What's wrong with that freak?!"

:lol::snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
08-04-2005, 12:44 PM

You sure know how to work those old guys.

justasportsfan
08-04-2005, 01:06 PM
:lmao: let me know how it wentthe jills found out I knew Phil so they closed their booth as soon as I was close by.

justasportsfan
08-04-2005, 01:09 PM
You sure know how to work those old guys.there isn't as parent that didn't like me. Now if only I could get their daughters to feel the same way, then I'm set.

MDFINFAN
08-04-2005, 01:21 PM
there isn't as parent that didn't like me. Now if only I could get their daughters to feel the same way, then I'm set.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You missed the reasons parents like you, they know you're no threat to their daughters... In their minds, no way does my daughter, who I raised and have taught values and responsibility go for Justa.. :D:

McGahee420
08-04-2005, 02:14 PM
the jills found out I knew Phil so they closed their booth as soon as I was close by.
:lmao:

The_Philster
08-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Last year Sam walked by the Helmet Crew Tailgate on his way in to the Browns game. Cordog had a friend that was all decked out in Browns apparel and Sam looked at him and pointed and said "What's wrong with that freak?!":lol::sadwalk: That was the game I missed
the jills found out I knew Phil so they closed their booth as soon as I was close by.yeah..cause they knew you were nowhere near as classy with them as I am