PDA

View Full Version : Billboard news from TC yesterday

mysticsoto
08-04-2005, 09:25 AM
This is what I was saying in my report from yesterday:

Goal-line stands

In the afternoon, the first teams ran a spirited four-play goal-line drill in a full-pads, thanks due an inducement by Bills coach Mike Mularkey.

"Whoever won was going to get some more time off tonight," Mularkey said. "So that sort of stirs up the competition. They take a lot of pride in their side of the ball."

On first down, defensive end Chris Kelsey stuffed running back Willis McGahee for a 6-yard loss. Then Losman rolled out and threw the ball away. On third down, Kelsey stuffed McGahee again, this time for a 5-yard loss.

On fourth down, controversy ensued. McGahee burst up the middle and reached the ball over the goal line. the defensse argued McGahee's knee was down before the score but the referee signaled touchdown. McGahee then whipped the football at the second-team defense, which had been chanting "De-fense!" the whole drill.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050804/1055601.asp?tbd1055601.asp

OpIv37
08-04-2005, 09:34 AM
This doesn't bode well for McGahee- he lost 11 yards to Chris Kelsay. Please. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Kelsay was lined up in front of Gandy.

justasportsfan
08-04-2005, 09:39 AM
This doesn't bode well for McGahee- he lost 11 yards to Chris Kelsay. Please. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Kelsay was lined up in front of Gandy.either that or Kelsay is ready to do major damage. Our O is facing the 2nd best D from last year and it won't be easy. Ask anyone, the D is usually ahead of the O during training camp. I'd be more worried if our O could easily run against our D. As far as I'm concerned we need our D to be as good or better as they were last year.

Aero II
08-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Which side of the O Line did Kelsay destroy?

OpIv37
08-04-2005, 10:00 AM
either that or Kelsay is ready to do major damage. Our O is facing the 2nd best D from last year and it won't be easy. Ask anyone, the D is usually ahead of the O during training camp. I'd be more worried if our O could easily run against our D. As far as I'm concerned we need our D to be as good or better as they were last year.

do you think this may destroy the O's confidence going into the season?

mysticsoto
08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Kelsay was always opposite MW, but on the 1st play he didn't face him head on. Instead he sort of squeezed inbetween MW and CV and barely got in as he fell down, but it was enough to get into the backfield and disrupt the play with Willis.

On the 3rd down play, it took a little to develop and when McGahee darted out to the right, he slowed down b'cse the LB/DBs all formed a wall 6 or 7 feet in from the endzone. As Willis slowed up, Kelsay, who wasn't far behind anyway, was able to put him down before he could turn the corner. However, had WM not slowed down when he saw all those defenders almost form a wall, he probably would've been able to turn the corner on Kelsay and gotten back to the line of scrimmage and not lose much...

I'd say these plays were more on Kelsay doing good than Willis doing bad or even MW. And I was excited on the prospects of this. If Kelsay becomes a premier DE this year...we will indeed have an elite D that other teams should fear. I still want to see more on Kelsay, however, before I consider him a premier DE...