X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Kelsay

Anybody else think he's going to have a breakout year? Seems to have added some bulk and those stuffs on Willis were pretty impressive. He seems to really have gotten it and now with his added bulk he can't be pushed around much anymore. The added bulk doesn't seem to have hurt his acceleration or quickness off the ball. Heck its only training camp but it seems he has added to his acceleration and quickness off the ball. Any comments?
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • ryven
    • Jan 2003

Re: Kelsay

Well it definetly looks like he wants to be the starter and I am loving everything he has done so far. I sure hope he has a break out year that way we finally have consistencey on the left side of the D.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

I think he will as well. I think he has more girth and speed to him than Schobel does. If he can develop a few of the pass rush moves AS has utilized, he could end up being the best DE we have on the roster, IMO.
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• McGahee420
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
        I think he will as well. I think he has more girth and speed to him than Schobel does. If he can develop a few of the pass rush moves AS has utilized, he could end up being the best DE we have on the roster, IMO.
        Just imagine if he does, it will take away from some of the double teams on Schobel, which will make him have a better year than last. If he develops into the player they though when they took him in the 2nd round, we could end up having one of the best Dlines in the league. Damn, he come the #1 ranked defense they wanted.

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Very good player, could be a probowler if he gets his sack total up.

Comment

• Philly Zoner
            • Jan 2004

that would be a nice, unexpected, surprise. We got good sack production last year (3rd overall I think), but spread them around. I for one was counting on L DE being a continued spot of mediocrity. If kelsey could bang out 9-10 sacks this year, that'd be a pretty potent pair of D-ends

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
              Very good player, could be a probowler if he gets his sack total up.
              Agreed. If he ups his production he will be a contender. As you can tell we are all pretty suprised by this development. We will need to keep watching to see if it was a fluke or not. It seems legit since he went through Williams, but only time will tell.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

If he picks things up, it could help free up Posey . Last year Posey had to support Kelsay's side
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                  Agreed. If he ups his production he will be a contender. As you can tell we are all pretty suprised by this development. We will need to keep watching to see if it was a fluke or not. It seems legit since he went through Williams, but only time will tell.
                  He was a second rd pick, why would you be surprised by his development??

Comment

• jmb1099
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
                    He was a second rd pick, why would you be surprised by his development??
                    You got me! Props to you I fell for your trap. You see I have this flaw that I always try to look for the best in people...even on a football board. There could be many reasons for this, maybe too sheltered an upbringing...who knows. Bottom line is this...I will never confuse you for someone looking to have intelligent football conversation again. Still you got me so shame on me.
                    Now to answer your "question"
                    As you can tell by the overall tone of this thread many of us we pleasantly suprised by the Kelsay news. Some initially assumed he did this by blowing through Gandy ( a natural assumption), but when it was reported that he did this through WIlliams we are in fact suprised. You see Kelsay, while solid, has never really been what one would call a monster. There is nothing wrong with solid and from most indicators last year he would remain solid, and as it was pointed out occassionally need help from Posey. So imagine our suprise when we find out that Kelsay was lined up on the right and managed to wreck havoc in the drill. So here is the point I am at...fluke? Maybe. Lets see if he can do this consistently and if he can...well I won't even speculate what that will do for our defense and everyone else's offense this year.

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jmb1099
                      You got me! Props to you I fell for your trap. You see I have this flaw that I always try to look for the best in people...even on a football board. There could be many reasons for this, maybe too sheltered an upbringing...who knows. Bottom line is this...I will never confuse you for someone looking to have intelligent football conversation again. Still you got me so shame on me.
                      Now to answer your "question"
                      As you can tell by the overall tone of this thread many of us we pleasantly suprised by the Kelsay news. Some initially assumed he did this by blowing through Gandy ( a natural assumption), but when it was reported that he did this through WIlliams we are in fact suprised. You see Kelsay, while solid, has never really been what one would call a monster. There is nothing wrong with solid and from most indicators last year he would remain solid, and as it was pointed out occassionally need help from Posey. So imagine our suprise when we find out that Kelsay was lined up on the right and managed to wreck havoc in the drill. So here is the point I am at...fluke? Maybe. Lets see if he can do this consistently and if he can...well I won't even speculate what that will do for our defense and everyone else's offense this year.

you misunderstand the phin phan post.

the idea is, a 2nd round pick is supposed to have upside and come along in a year or two. you shouldn't be surprised when this happens.

the thing is, so many bills fans are so negative and down on players that if the player does not go all pro in his first year then he is a bust. many fans are also all over certain player's jocks, so they just blame a couple guys, and praise a couple guys all year.

kelsey looks to be better than denny, and i think our D line will total about 25-35 sacks this year, good numbers fo sho.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                        ....formerly OhBF
                        • Sep 2003

Let us not forget that when Hansen first began his career with the Bills, he was a rather light DE as well. Kelsay on the other hand was actually a tad bigger coming in. Also, it took Hansen a couple years to become a very solid DE. In 1991, I can recall Hansen getting pushed around routinely. Yet, by the mid-90's he was a very good DE all around. If Kelsay can mirror Hansen's developement, we'll be fine. I feel Kelsay he has a very good chance of succeeding.
                        Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                        own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by colin

the idea is, a 2nd round pick is supposed to have upside and come along in a year or two. you shouldn't be surprised when this happens.

the thing is, so many bills fans are so negative and down on players that if the player does not go all pro in his first year then he is a bust. many fans are also all over certain player's jocks, so they just blame a couple guys, and praise a couple guys all year.

kelsey looks to be better than denny, and i think our D line will total about 25-35 sacks this year, good numbers fo sho.
                          I think alot of people feel that we've seen Kelsay's best and that he won't improve past what we've seen. This may or may not be true. The short redzone drill is not enough to catapult him into premier status. But it does show promise. We'll have to wait to see how he looks during pre-season and during the year. My guess is that he might log a few more sacks, but I don't really expect him to become Jason Taylor all of a sudden. Still, any improvement is a plus for us!!!

Comment

• Spiderweb
                            ....formerly OhBF
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            I think alot of people feel that we've seen Kelsay's best and that he won't improve past what we've seen. This may or may not be true. The short redzone drill is not enough to catapult him into premier status. But it does show promise. We'll have to wait to see how he looks during pre-season and during the year. My guess is that he might log a few more sacks, but I don't really expect him to become Jason Taylor all of a sudden. Still, any improvement is a plus for us!!!
                            Jason Taylor is pretty one dimensional. Very good at it, but still pretty much one dimensional none the less. Kelsay won"t be the pass rusher JT has been, but he can be still be a solid, if not good DE. I suspect this is the year he needs to show what he can (or cannot do).
                            Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                            own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by colin

For a moment I thought I misunderstood it too and had it been someone else I would not have thought anything of the question. I realize that a second year pick should have an upside, but I really thought we had seen the most we were going to see from him. Had he blown through the left side of the line I would not have been suprised...disapointed for the o-line, but not suprised. However he did the damage through the right side and I am very suprised he was able to do this and that to me (and quite a few others) is a pleasant suprise. I don't remember seeing any posts in the off season about this being a break out year for Kelsay so it would appear that this is an unexpected development. Finally I never mentioned disapointment with Kelsay nor at any time did I get down on him, in fact I mentioned he was solid which is not a bad thing to be. FeelThePain is an antagonist, I foolishly thougt he was attempting to engage in decent conversation, he wasn't. Not now not ever...look at his rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X