X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

What is this guy smoking?

Democrat and Chronicle- Dallas Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson says Drew Bledsoe is the best quarterback he has played with in his 10 NFL seasons. He rates the ex-Bill as the fourth-best QB in the league.
    "I look forward to him showing up all the critics and the analysts and all the so-called experts and proving them wrong," Johnson told the Dallas Morning News. "There are only three quarterbacks I rank ahead of him, and that's because they can use their legs in addition to their arms-Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, and Daunte Culpepper."
    As for those guys named Tom Brady and Peyton Manning?
    "Even though Tom Brady has won three championships, if (the Jets') Mo Lewis doesn't hit Drew in the sternum (early in the 2001 season), do we ever hear of Tom Brady in the the NFL?" Johnson said......

If you ask me, coming from a reciever who overrated himself from the get-go, his opinion means
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: What is this guy smoking?

what QBs has he played with? Garbage, he's probably right.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

it's wishful thinking on his part. I remember thinking the same thing about Bledsoe when he came to Buffalo- turns out the "so called experts" were right. And Bledoe's problem isn't his arm- it's his head.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

I hate the cowboys - this couldn't have happened to a better team as far as I'm concerned.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• MDFINFAN
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
          I hate the cowboys - this couldn't have happened to a better team as far as I'm concerned.
          Thing is, if Drew gets time, and Parcell will kill that OL to get what he wants for Drew, Drew can be very dangerous...if Drew has to hurry, that's when he gets into trouble and make the bone headed throws...but I'm starting to believe that every QB except for the scramblers make those same mistakes, i.e., Tom Brady vs Phins last years monday night game.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
            Democrat and Chronicle- Dallas Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson says Drew Bledsoe is the best quarterback he has played with in his 10 NFL seasons. He rates the ex-Bill as the fourth-best QB in the league.
            "I look forward to him showing up all the critics and the analysts and all the so-called experts and proving them wrong," Johnson told the Dallas Morning News. "There are only three quarterbacks I rank ahead of him, and that's because they can use their legs in addition to their arms-Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, and Daunte Culpepper."
            "Even though Tom Brady has won three championships, if (the Jets') Mo Lewis doesn't hit Drew in the sternum (early in the 2001 season), do we ever hear of Tom Brady in the the NFL?" Johnson said......

If you ask me, coming from a reciever who overrated himself from the get-go, his opinion means
            Just wait until Bledose hold the ball for 5 seconds, giving up a mind boggling sack/turnover.

KJ will write a new book " Just Give Me A Damn QB "
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
              • May 2003

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
              Thing is, if Drew gets time, and Parcell will kill that OL to get what he wants for Drew, Drew can be very dangerous...if Drew has to hurry, that's when he gets into trouble and make the bone headed throws...but I'm starting to believe that every QB except for the scramblers make those same mistakes, i.e., Tom Brady vs Phins last years monday night game.
              This is the classic Bledsoe debacle. IF the offensive line gives him time, he can do this, IF he has all star talent around him, he can do that, IF he has a strong defense, IF he has the right coaching...

IF! IF! IF! you see where this is going? Sure this guy can destroy teams like the 49ers, the Cleveland Browns, and the Arizona Cardinals of the football world. But...when he is playing against the championship caliber defenses of this league, where the defense has the ability to shut down the run game, and has dictated that the ball is in HIS hands to win or lose the game, he will crumble every time. The man is mentally unfit to be a championship QB in this league. Parcells should no better.

Here is an IF for all to consider:

If Drew Bledose is on the best team in the entire NFL, he can be successful.

Wait a minute, did he not play for the best team in the entire NFL, the same team that Brady went to win not ONE but THREE the Super Bowls with? He sure did and he couldn't get it done then either.

I agree with UBLINKWESCORE, Drew Bledsoe couldn't have happened to a nicer team than the Dallas Cowboys.

Comment

• Bulldog
                Top Dog
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                Thing is, all of the DC's in the NFL know this and will throw the kitchen sink at Bledsoe. It's not going to be pretty, trust me. We as Bills fans have been down that road and it's not a fun ride. Two points on Brady : A.) He has more mobility than Bledsoe could ever dream of. B.) His ability to make quick decisions under pressure allows him to beat the blitz more often than not. Eventually, after teams are burned over and over, the blitzes will stop. Bledsoe on the other hand does not have the ability to make "hot" reads and often holds the ball longer than he should. This results in either turn overs or sacks. And they always seem to happen at the worst possible times. On top of all that, Bledsoe has got to be one of the worst big game QB's ever. If Dallas is going to be above .500 this year, it will be on the strength of J. Jones and the defense.
                I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Pride
                  • Jul 2002

Wow... after reading this thread... you'd think Mark Weiler would come back here to collect Pos Rep.

Fact is.. the dude was correct... on ALL accounts when it came to Drew. He knew and admitted DB was not our guy before most... if not all of us did!

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                    IF! IF! IF! you see where this is going? Sure this guy can destroy teams like the 49ers, the Cleveland Browns, and the Arizona Cardinals of the football world. But...when he is playing against the championship caliber defenses of this league, where the defense has the ability to shut down the run game, and has dictated that the ball is in HIS hands to win or lose the game, he will crumble every time. The man is mentally unfit to be a championship QB in this league. Parcells should no better.

Here is an IF for all to consider:

If Drew Bledose is on the best team in the entire NFL, he can be successful.

Wait a minute, did he not play for the best team in the entire NFL, the same team that Brady went to win not ONE but THREE the Super Bowls with? He sure did and he couldn't get it done then either.

I agree with UBLINKWESCORE, Drew Bledsoe couldn't have happened to a nicer team than the Dallas Cowboys.
                    Bledsoe has been a Championship QB twice. AFC Champion 2-0. As far as NE in 2001 the teams offensive philosophy was drastically changed after Bledsoes injury. From 8 Carries with Drew to 20-30 when he was injured.

He is a pocket passer who is able to perform in a pocket passing offense.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• McGahee420
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21

hahahahahaahahahaha......KEYSHAWN JOHNSON........hahahahahahahahah....what a TOOL!!!!!!!

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        Bledsoe has been a Championship QB twice. AFC Champion 2-0. As far as NE in 2001 the teams offensive philosophy was drastically changed after Bledsoes injury. From 8 Carries with Drew to 20-30 when he was injured.

He is a pocket passer who is able to perform in a pocket passing offense.
                        IMO he is a pocket passer who is not capable of performing at a championship level in any offense. I'm not talking AFC Championships I'm talking World Championships.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

IMO he is a pocket passer who is not capable of performing at a championship level in any offense. I'm not talking AFC Championships I'm talking World Championships.
                          I dont know if you're in the right place if you're discounting the value in an AFC Championship
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                            I dont know if you're in the right place if you're discounting the value in an AFC Championship
                            Ok ok. Here is the point I am trying to get across. Drew Bledsoe will not win a championship of any kind with the Dallas Cowboys or any other organization ever again. Not in this life time or any other.

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

Ok ok. Here is the point I am trying to get across. Drew Bledsoe will not win a championship of any kind with the Dallas Cowboys or any other organization ever again. Not in this life time or any other.
                              You're selling a blind item.
                              It was all

Comment

Working...
                              X