PDA

View Full Version : What is this guy smoking?

FlyingDutchman
08-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Democrat and Chronicle- Dallas Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson says Drew Bledsoe is the best quarterback he has played with in his 10 NFL seasons. He rates the ex-Bill as the fourth-best QB in the league.
"I look forward to him showing up all the critics and the analysts and all the so-called experts and proving them wrong," Johnson told the Dallas Morning News. "There are only three quarterbacks I rank ahead of him, and that's because they can use their legs in addition to their arms-Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, and Daunte Culpepper."
As for those guys named Tom Brady and Peyton Manning?
"Even though Tom Brady has won three championships, if (the Jets') Mo Lewis doesn't hit Drew in the sternum (early in the 2001 season), do we ever hear of Tom Brady in the the NFL?" Johnson said......

If you ask me, coming from a reciever who overrated himself from the get-go, his opinion means:poop:

casdhf
08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
what QBs has he played with? Garbage, he's probably right.

OpIv37
08-04-2005, 12:57 PM
it's wishful thinking on his part. I remember thinking the same thing about Bledsoe when he came to Buffalo- turns out the "so called experts" were right. And Bledoe's problem isn't his arm- it's his head.

ublinkwescore
08-04-2005, 01:00 PM
I hate the cowboys - this couldn't have happened to a better team as far as I'm concerned.

MDFINFAN
08-04-2005, 01:06 PM
I hate the cowboys - this couldn't have happened to a better team as far as I'm concerned.

Thing is, if Drew gets time, and Parcell will kill that OL to get what he wants for Drew, Drew can be very dangerous...if Drew has to hurry, that's when he gets into trouble and make the bone headed throws...but I'm starting to believe that every QB except for the scramblers make those same mistakes, i.e., Tom Brady vs Phins last years monday night game.

Night Train
08-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Democrat and Chronicle- Dallas Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson says Drew Bledsoe is the best quarterback he has played with in his 10 NFL seasons. He rates the ex-Bill as the fourth-best QB in the league.
"I look forward to him showing up all the critics and the analysts and all the so-called experts and proving them wrong," Johnson told the Dallas Morning News. "There are only three quarterbacks I rank ahead of him, and that's because they can use their legs in addition to their arms-Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, and Daunte Culpepper."
"Even though Tom Brady has won three championships, if (the Jets') Mo Lewis doesn't hit Drew in the sternum (early in the 2001 season), do we ever hear of Tom Brady in the the NFL?" Johnson said......

If you ask me, coming from a reciever who overrated himself from the get-go, his opinion means:poop:

Just wait until Bledose hold the ball for 5 seconds, giving up a mind boggling sack/turnover.

KJ will write a new book " Just Give Me A Damn QB "

Drive 4 Five
08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Thing is, if Drew gets time, and Parcell will kill that OL to get what he wants for Drew, Drew can be very dangerous...if Drew has to hurry, that's when he gets into trouble and make the bone headed throws...but I'm starting to believe that every QB except for the scramblers make those same mistakes, i.e., Tom Brady vs Phins last years monday night game.

This is the classic Bledsoe debacle. IF the offensive line gives him time, he can do this, IF he has all star talent around him, he can do that, IF he has a strong defense, IF he has the right coaching...

IF! IF! IF! you see where this is going? Sure this guy can destroy teams like the 49ers, the Cleveland Browns, and the Arizona Cardinals of the football world. But...when he is playing against the championship caliber defenses of this league, where the defense has the ability to shut down the run game, and has dictated that the ball is in HIS hands to win or lose the game, he will crumble every time. The man is mentally unfit to be a championship QB in this league. Parcells should no better.

Here is an IF for all to consider:

If Drew Bledose is on the best team in the entire NFL, he can be successful.

Wait a minute, did he not play for the best team in the entire NFL, the same team that Brady went to win not ONE but THREE the Super Bowls with? He sure did and he couldn't get it done then either.

I agree with UBLINKWESCORE, Drew Bledsoe couldn't have happened to a nicer team than the Dallas Cowboys.

Bulldog
08-04-2005, 02:28 PM

Thing is, all of the DC's in the NFL know this and will throw the kitchen sink at Bledsoe. It's not going to be pretty, trust me. We as Bills fans have been down that road and it's not a fun ride. Two points on Brady : A.) He has more mobility than Bledsoe could ever dream of. B.) His ability to make quick decisions under pressure allows him to beat the blitz more often than not. Eventually, after teams are burned over and over, the blitzes will stop. Bledsoe on the other hand does not have the ability to make "hot" reads and often holds the ball longer than he should. This results in either turn overs or sacks. And they always seem to happen at the worst possible times. On top of all that, Bledsoe has got to be one of the worst big game QB's ever. If Dallas is going to be above .500 this year, it will be on the strength of J. Jones and the defense.

Pride
08-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Wow... after reading this thread... you'd think Mark Weiler would come back here to collect Pos Rep.

Fact is.. the dude was correct... on ALL accounts when it came to Drew. He knew and admitted DB was not our guy before most... if not all of us did!

The King
08-04-2005, 03:01 PM
IF! IF! IF! you see where this is going? Sure this guy can destroy teams like the 49ers, the Cleveland Browns, and the Arizona Cardinals of the football world. But...when he is playing against the championship caliber defenses of this league, where the defense has the ability to shut down the run game, and has dictated that the ball is in HIS hands to win or lose the game, he will crumble every time. The man is mentally unfit to be a championship QB in this league. Parcells should no better.

Here is an IF for all to consider:

If Drew Bledose is on the best team in the entire NFL, he can be successful.

Wait a minute, did he not play for the best team in the entire NFL, the same team that Brady went to win not ONE but THREE the Super Bowls with? He sure did and he couldn't get it done then either.

I agree with UBLINKWESCORE, Drew Bledsoe couldn't have happened to a nicer team than the Dallas Cowboys.

Bledsoe has been a Championship QB twice. AFC Champion 2-0. As far as NE in 2001 the teams offensive philosophy was drastically changed after Bledsoes injury. From 8 Carries with Drew to 20-30 when he was injured.

He is a pocket passer who is able to perform in a pocket passing offense.

McGahee420
08-04-2005, 03:04 PM

If you ask me, coming from a reciever who overrated himself from the get-go, his opinion means:poop:.
hahahahahaahahahaha......KEYSHAWN JOHNSON........hahahahahahahahah....what a TOOL!!!!!!!

Drive 4 Five
08-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Bledsoe has been a Championship QB twice. AFC Champion 2-0. As far as NE in 2001 the teams offensive philosophy was drastically changed after Bledsoes injury. From 8 Carries with Drew to 20-30 when he was injured.

He is a pocket passer who is able to perform in a pocket passing offense.

IMO he is a pocket passer who is not capable of performing at a championship level in any offense. I'm not talking AFC Championships I'm talking World Championships.

The King
08-04-2005, 03:32 PM
IMO he is a pocket passer who is not capable of performing at a championship level in any offense. I'm not talking AFC Championships I'm talking World Championships.
I dont know if you're in the right place if you're discounting the value in an AFC Championship

Drive 4 Five
08-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I dont know if you're in the right place if you're discounting the value in an AFC Championship

Ok ok. Here is the point I am trying to get across. Drew Bledsoe will not win a championship of any kind with the Dallas Cowboys or any other organization ever again. Not in this life time or any other.

The King
08-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Ok ok. Here is the point I am trying to get across. Drew Bledsoe will not win a championship of any kind with the Dallas Cowboys or any other organization ever again. Not in this life time or any other.
You're selling a blind item.

Drive 4 Five
08-04-2005, 04:45 PM
You're selling a blind item.

Why you riding me MBB? I thought the DLC was gone.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

:boring:

Philagape
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Drew has played well before. For about a third of his career.

Drive 4 Five
08-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Drew has played well before. For about a third of his career.

Exactly. At this point, he is done. No coach is going to change that.

The King
08-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Why you riding me MBB? I thought the DLC was gone.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

:boring:Im not riding you by any means, I just happen to think the tools are there for Drew to suceed. As ineffective as he was his last 2 seasons here, he did show in 02' he can still flourish. Now you have a guy who we all know has an arm playing in a dome with a coach who knows him best. Its a very different situation from Buffalo. And I am pulling for him. Just because we different opinions doesnt mean I am riding you.

Drive 4 Five
08-04-2005, 04:55 PM
As far as NE in 2001 the teams offensive philosophy was drastically changed after Bledsoes injury. From 8 Carries with Drew to 20-30 when he was injured.

I did not understand what you were trying to say here. Can you clarify?

The King
08-04-2005, 04:57 PM
If you look at the game statistics when Drew was active the Patriots ran the ball far less, leaving most games in his hands. When Drew got hurt they changed up the offense giving about 15 more carries to Antwoine Smith, taking some of the pressure off of Brady.

TigerJ
08-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Keyshawn also thinks he is the greatest WR in the game. How many agree with him on that one?

Drive 4 Five
08-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Im not riding you by any means, I just happen to think the tools are there for Drew to suceed. As ineffective as he was his last 2 seasons here, he did show in 02' he can still flourish. Now you have a guy who we all know has an arm playing in a dome with a coach who knows him best. Its a very different situation from Buffalo. And I am pulling for him. Just because we different opinions doesnt mean I am riding you.

No offense taken. It's all good bro. I was just surprised by your staunch defense of Bledose. I knew you were never a hater, like me, you supported him until you could take no more. I just didn't know you were such a fan of his. I mean I am a fan as far as the kind of man Bledose is, I admired the way he handled himself throughout the beating he took on the field and off. Especially in Buffalo. From a football perspective, I think he is done. He will have some good games, no doubt, but I simply do not believe that he has what it takes to lead a team back to the big game and I absolutely disagree with Johnson's opinion that he is the 4th best QB in the game today. He is not even in the top 15 in my opinion.

Bill Brasky
08-04-2005, 05:27 PM

If you ask me, coming from a reciever who overrated himself from the get-go, his opinion means:poop: Hey Keyshawn,

Good luck catching nothing this year.

Signed,

Freeman

PS - Michael Vick doesn't have an arm. He does have a gnarly case of the wangbumps from what I hear, though.

feelthepain
08-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Bledsoe was a talented guy for your team. The most talented since Kelly. He is slow, and he does hold on to the ball to long at times, however your team has been a good passing team with Bledsoe behind center. Bill fans need to undestand just how much talent was lost this offseason with the loss of Bledsoe and Henry. I think you had a far better QB in Bledsoe then the fins had with Fiedler, as for Feeley.... I hold my opinion till he gets the chance as Fiedler. You Bill fans really had a upper level QB, remember sometimes the blocking schemes need to be alterd to fit the QB, maybe your schemes were not suited for Bledsoes style. I guess if he goes to Dallas and has a better season it will answer many questions. If he fails and stinks up the joint you will know it was the right time for a change.

BillsFever21
08-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Bledsoe will play good the first 6 games or so like he did here and then bomb out the rest of the time.

He will be motivated to play at the start of the season but he will lose it again by the end of the year.

Bulldog
08-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Bledsoe was a talented guy for your team. The most talented since Kelly. He is slow, and he does hold on to the ball to long at times, however your team has been a good passing team with Bledsoe behind center. Bill fans need to undestand just how much talent was lost this offseason with the loss of Bledsoe and Henry. I think you had a far better QB in Bledsoe then the fins had with Fiedler, as for Feeley.... I hold my opinion till he gets the chance as Fiedler. You Bill fans really had a upper level QB, remember sometimes the blocking schemes need to be alterd to fit the QB, maybe your schemes were not suited for Bledsoes style. I guess if he goes to Dallas and has a better season it will answer many questions. If he fails and stinks up the joint you will know it was the right time for a change.

While I agree that Bledsoe had his moments, he wasn't the answer in Buffalo. Buffalo's passing offense ranked 27th in the NFL last year, and that's not going to cut it. Bringing Bledsoe back for another season would have been the same thing to do. I think the Bills went as far as the could with Bledsoe at the helm and it was time for a change. It was actually a pretty similar deal with Fiedler in Miami in some respects. While Miami won games while he was the QB, he was never good enough to take them to the next level. Some times you just need to shake things up and hope that the new guy is the missing piece of the puzzle. While we don't know how Losman will perform, he brings qualities to the team that Bledsoe never could. Buffalo knew what they had with Bledsoe, a pure pocket passer who was unable to deal with pressure on a regular basis. Teams knew that if they got in Bledsoe face, he was done. I for one don't think Bledsoe will have any more success in Dallas than he had in Buffalo. You don't think the DC's in the NFC know how to get to him? I know this, the Gregg Williams led Washington defense is going to have a field day with him. Time will tell.

Novacane
08-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Bledsoe is a washed up POS that gets defended because he is a :rolleyes: "Nice Guy" :rolleyes: End of story!

Indy Bills Fan
08-05-2005, 12:21 AM
I think Parcells knows Bledsoe's limitations all too well and will try to get Julius going 25-30 carries a game. But DB still can't beat the blitz and everyone knows it. In the end he will still be the best of the average QB's. He'll pound on the weak teams and cave in to the strong ones.

Tinboy
08-05-2005, 03:48 AM
He's a reciever for the Cowboys nuff said.

Jan Reimers
08-05-2005, 05:19 AM
Keyshawn just wants the damn ball, and thinks buttering up Drew is the best way to get it.

Canadian'eh!
08-05-2005, 06:51 AM
Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, and Daunte Culpepper."

Getting sick of this racism. All 3 are very hyped, but have won nothing. Daunte does have good numbers (but then how do you leave off Manning), McNabb has choked in 5 big games (meanwhile Brady wins 3 Super Bowls). Vick is top 3 with his 2300 passing yards???? whatever!

It's racism.

Jan Reimers
08-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Getting sick of this racism. All 3 are very hyped, but have won nothing. Daunte does have good numbers (but then how do you leave off Manning), McNabb has choked in 5 big games (meanwhile Brady wins 3 Super Bowls). Vick is top 3 with his 2300 passing yards???? whatever!

It's racism.
McNabb choked in every big game? Did Jim Kelly cost us every Super Bowl, too?

Blaming McNabb for the Eagles postseason problems is ludicrous.

justasportsfan
08-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Bledsoe was a talented guy for your team. The most talented since Kelly. He is slow, and he does hold on to the ball to long at times, however your team has been a good passing team with Bledsoe behind center. Bill fans need to undestand just how much talent was lost this offseason with the loss of Bledsoe and Henry. I think you had a far better QB in Bledsoe then the fins had with Fiedler, as for Feeley.... I hold my opinion till he gets the chance as Fiedler. You Bill fans really had a upper level QB, remember sometimes the blocking schemes need to be alterd to fit the QB, maybe your schemes were not suited for Bledsoes style. I guess if he goes to Dallas and has a better season it will answer many questions. If he fails and stinks up the joint you will know it was the right time for a change. You really need to learn your Bills football FTP. We were ranked 26th last year in the passing game. How is that considered "a good passing team with Bledsoe behind center."? Seriously, 26th is good? I bet you didn't even know that when you made that comment.

Another thing, you think highly of Saban, keeping Drew would've made it easy for him to gameplan against us just like it was easy for BB.

I do however think Drew will be decent for Dallas. Whether he can do it on a consistent basis is another question. He wasn't a qb that was meant to stay in the AFCE.

Philagape
08-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Who wants to lay odds that Drew will give Parcells another heart attack?

Voltron
08-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Wow... after reading this thread... you'd think Mark Weiler would come back here to collect Pos Rep.

Fact is.. the dude was correct... on ALL accounts when it came to Drew. He knew and admitted DB was not our guy before most... if not all of us did!
You are the first one to bring this up and I thought it was long over due. A lot of people owe him an appology

justasportsfan
08-05-2005, 12:31 PM
You are the first one to bring this up and I thought it was long over due. A lot of people owe him an appologyUh, no. Mark is my friend but he did change his tune when Drew was playing well. He voted against it before he voted for it and voted against it again.

MDFINFAN
08-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Uh, no. Mark is my friend but he did change his tune when Drew was playing well. He voted against it before he voted for it and voted against it again.

I don't know Justa, Mark and I have lunch occassionally, and he's really never changed his position about Drew. When you guys initially got Drew, I think he liked the signing and posted positive then, but once he started his research on Drew, he changed his position.. He just got a new home and trying to do some things, it's keeping him busy..I'm sure he's checking in here every once and awhile to read what's up...I think he would post more here if he had the time...but I'm sure you're be hearing from him soon..that reminds me, I need to call him.

justasportsfan
08-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't know Justa, Mark and I have lunch occassionally, and he's really never changed his position about Drew. When you guys initially got Drew, I think he liked the signing and posted positive then, but once he started his research on Drew, he changed his position.. He just got a new home and trying to do some things, it's keeping him busy..I'm sure he's checking in here every once and awhile to read what's up...I think he would post more here if he had the time...but I'm sure you're be hearing from him soon..that reminds me, I need to call him.I brought up his posts when Drew was lighting it up. Say hi to him for me and I'll make sure to give him a kick on the knee for me as well. :snicker:

MDFINFAN
08-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I brought up his posts when Drew was lighting it up. Say hi to him for me and I'll make sure to give him a kick on the knee for me as well. :snicker:

Ooooooh you're cold, "kick on the knee", I'll defintely make sure he gets that info, if he doesn't read it here first.. :attn:

Voltron
08-05-2005, 01:36 PM
I also need to give him a call. I haven't talked to him in forever.

Mr. Cynical
08-05-2005, 02:40 PM
:deadhorse

Ask most (if not all) NE fans and they will tell you they were glad to see him go. They knew Dredsoe would never win the big games and had had enough of the c**k teasing.

He may have a few good games in Dallas (I guarantee they will be against teams like SF, Arizona and Oakland), but my guess is that we'll see Henson around Game 9 when Blew s***s the bed against teams over .500.

Let the mystique go....it's 10 times worse than the one Jeff George had. :doh:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD>Date</TD><TD>Opponent</TD><TD>Time/Result</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Sep 11 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week1)</TD><TD align=left>@San Diego (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SD)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1126469700))</SCRIPT>4:15pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Sep 19 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week2)</TD><TD align=left>Washington (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/WAS)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1127178000))</SCRIPT>9:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Sep 25 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week3)</TD><TD align=left>@San Francisco (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SF)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1127678700))</SCRIPT>4:05pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Oct 2 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week4)</TD><TD align=left>@Oakland (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/OAK)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1128284100))</SCRIPT>4:15pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Oct 9 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week5)</TD><TD align=left>Philadelphia (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/PHI)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1128888900))</SCRIPT>4:15pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Oct 16 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week6)</TD><TD align=left>N.Y. Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/NYG)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1129482000))</SCRIPT>1:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Oct 23 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week7)</TD><TD align=left>@Seattle (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SEA)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1130097900))</SCRIPT>4:05pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Oct 30 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week8)</TD><TD align=left>Arizona (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/ARI)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1130695200))</SCRIPT>1:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Week 9</TD><TD align=left>BYE</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Nov 14 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week10)</TD><TD align=left>@Philadelphia (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/PHI)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1132020000))</SCRIPT>9:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Nov 20 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week11)</TD><TD align=left>Detroit (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/DET)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1132509600))</SCRIPT>1:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Nov 24 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week12)</TD><TD align=left>Denver (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/DEN)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1132866900))</SCRIPT>4:15pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Dec 4 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week13)</TD><TD align=left>@N.Y. Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/NYG)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1133719200))</SCRIPT>1:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Dec 11 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week14)</TD><TD align=left>Kansas City (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/KC)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1134335700))</SCRIPT>4:15pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Dec 18 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week15)</TD><TD align=left>@Washington (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/WAS)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1134928800))</SCRIPT>1:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Dec 24 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week16)</TD><TD align=left>@Carolina (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/CAR)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1135447200))</SCRIPT>1:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Jan 1 (http://www.nfl.com/scores/2005/week17)</TD><TD align=left>St. Louis (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/STL)</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1136165400))</SCRIPT>8:30pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>