Dr. Z Also Implies Peters Could Play LT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Dr. Z Also Implies Peters Could Play LT

"I'm intrigued by No. 71. If he comes along fast, and they plug him in there early and he's better than expected, then they've solidified the left tackle spot."

The last line in the article.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Dr. Z Also Implies Peters Could Play LT

Originally posted by paulB
    "I'm intrigued by No. 71. If he comes along fast, and they plug him in there early and he's better than expected, then they've solidified the left tackle spot."

The last line in the article.
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...90/1007/SPORTS
    I didn't realize that Dr. Z was our new offensive line coach.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

Peters is not ready yet, but he is coming along, and I do agree that once he gets some of the technique down, he will be a great LT. He is trim, fit, large and strong - not to mention fast, nimble and agile for his size. He has all the physical attributes you could want in a lineman. I have heard reports that with constant practice at this position, he could be ready by mid season. I want to keep observing him. No doubt playing the entire preseason at LT instead of moving him around will help him develop better - even if it's against 2nd/3rd stringers. I did notice in camp that handled Gause like nothing. So against backup caliber DEs, he seems to already be able to handle. I look forward to McNally continuing to develop him.

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I didn't realize that Dr. Z was our new offensive line coach.
        No, but he's older than the entire offensive line, mcnally, you and me put together. That's gotta count for something...
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        I love Weiner.
        also cheese

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

I can't see him as the LT this year, but I have to think he might just be the future LT.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I think everyone is impressed with Peters' superb athletic ability. I just hope he has enough gray matter to allow his athleticism to shine on the football field.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• MDFINFAN
              • Jun 2003

Lineman is one of the hardest positions to develope..they look great one moment, sink the next..If peterson can get that good..you may have something, but something tells me, you guys will bring in someone else soon to help solidify that position. either starter or backup with starting experience.

Reach for the stars

Comment

Working...
              X