PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Field

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Anyone hear that guy on GR talking about naming the field Hunter Field. That would be something. Schoop mentioned something like just the field would have the name like Jim Bahiem court at the Carrier Dome.

DraftBoy
08-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Interesting idea, but Im not sure the team is gonna wanna do it. Hunter's Field at RWS has a ring to it however.

Pride
08-05-2005, 02:44 PM
That would be quite the tribute!

Its green, as is the Hunter's Hope Foundation colors... very fitting!

I'd also be for putting some type of logo on the 30 yard line representing the HHF charity.

Pride
08-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Buffalo Bills... playing on Hunter's Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium.... :up:

ublinkwescore
08-05-2005, 02:51 PM
that would be great, but I don't think that will happen.

Jan Reimers
08-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Buffalo Bills... playing on Hunter's Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium.... :up:
:bf1:

The_Philster
08-05-2005, 04:06 PM
that would be great, but I don't think that will happen.ditto...but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills do something in his memory

Spiderweb
08-06-2005, 03:19 AM
ditto...but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills do something in his memory

I would be more surprised if they didn't. Hunter's Field? That would be a wonderful tribute to Hunter and the battle he fought.

Bert102176
08-06-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm sure the Bills will do something in the little guys memory, he was a fighter and my heart goes out to the Kelly family

Michael82
08-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Maybe they will name the new Hall of Fame after him? :idunno:

Either way, they definitely need to do something to honor the little guy. :( :pray:

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2005, 08:37 AM
OK, I will be the ahole here. Why? I think it would be a stupid idea. I feel bad for the guy, but please.

The last buffalo fan
08-06-2005, 10:16 AM
OK, I will be the ahole here. Why? I think it would be a stupid idea. I feel bad for the guy, but please.
Sorry my friend, but yes, you are. The little guy was already a fight simbol, against a very freaking disease.

imbondz
08-06-2005, 11:33 AM
LOL

footballhottie
08-06-2005, 11:56 AM
OK, I will be the ahole here. Why? I think it would be a stupid idea. I feel bad for the guy, but please. whats your problem? You have kids, you should know how special they are. Not everyone can be as lucky as you to have healthy children.

Iehoshua
08-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Considering the piss-poor tribute bb.com gave it, I doubt it will get any consideration...

JD
08-06-2005, 02:42 PM

This guy is the anti-christ from hell, mr. rude/negative/gay

He was only suppose to live until age 3 but he kept buckin! RIP little guy :sorry:

The_Philster
08-06-2005, 02:44 PM
actually, only age 2

DraftBoy
08-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I do somewhat agree with Chern. Hunter Kelly had nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills except that his father was arguably the best QB the team ever had. I would love to see the Bills do it but I dont expect it to happen. And in no way shape or form should the Bills feel obligated to do so.

BAM
08-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I do somewhat agree with Chern.
So do I. For the exact same reasons.

L.A. Playa
08-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately in 5 years many Bills fans will not even know who Hunter Kelly was

Michael82
08-06-2005, 03:27 PM
I do somewhat agree with Chern. Hunter Kelly had nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills except that his father was arguably the best QB the team ever had. I would love to see the Bills do it but I dont expect it to happen. And in no way shape or form should the Bills feel obligated to do so.
Then how about they rename it Kelly Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium. It honors the Kelly name (Hunter or Jim)

JD
08-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately in 5 years many Bills fans will not even know who Hunter Kelly was
Whos that?

DraftBoy
08-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Then how about they rename it Kelly Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium. It honors the Kelly name (Hunter or Jim)

Mikey can you give me one reason as to why the Bills as an organization should choose to rename their field in honor of this young child who unfortunately had his life cut short by an incurable disease? Just bc he is the son of a HOF Qb? Hell if that were true than half the fields in the NFL would have people's names rather than business. Which wouldnt be that bad of an idea but the point is that the Bills is no way should feel obligated to do so.

Michael82
08-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Mikey can you give me one reason as to why the Bills as an organization should choose to rename their field in honor of this young child who unfortunately had his life cut short by an incurable disease? Just bc he is the son of a HOF Qb? Hell if that were true than half the fields in the NFL would have people's names rather than business. Which wouldnt be that bad of an idea but the point is that the Bills is no way should feel obligated to do so.
I'm going to say that right now it's just emotions talking. Ask me in a month or so and I probably will agree with you completely.

BAM
08-06-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm going to say that right now it's just emotions talking. Ask me in a month or so and I probably will agree with you completely.
This is exactly why women should not be President.

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2005, 05:06 PM

:rofl:

Thanks guys. I am looking at this strickly logically. I thought Patrick was going to be the only one to agree with me.

mysticsoto
08-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Are you saying Mikey is a woman or that he shouldn't be President? :snicker2:

Dozerdog
08-06-2005, 05:15 PM
With Boomer Esiason, Dan Marino, and Doug Flutie also with ill children, we would have to start finding stuff to name after people.

Turf
08-06-2005, 05:45 PM
I think it would be easier for the Kelly's if the field was not named after him. I mean, you need to get away from your suffering once in a while.

The_Philster
08-07-2005, 05:41 AM
With Boomer Esiason, Dan Marino, and Doug Flutie also with ill children, we would have to start finding stuff to name after people.ummm...none of those guys are Bills QBs, though

I think it would be easier for the Kelly's if the field was not named after him. I mean, you need to get away from your suffering once in a while.
good point
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2005, 07:10 AM
ummm...none of those guys are Bills QBs, though

I know you would like to erase it from your mind, but Flutie WAS a Bills QB just as Kelly WAS a Bills QB.

The_Philster
08-07-2005, 07:13 AM
I know you would like to erase it from your mind, but Flutie WAS a Bills QB just as Kelly WAS a Bills QB.for 3 years...big whoop ...it's not like he'll forever be thought of primarily as a Buffalo Bill like Kelly

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2005, 07:32 AM
for 3 years...big whoop ...it's not like he'll forever be thought of primarily as a Buffalo Bill like Kelly

But you were wrong, you said none were Bills QBs.

There are a few people who feel he had a large part in helping keep this franchise here.

But I think my point has been made, it isn't a very good idea to rename anything.

Philagape
08-07-2005, 07:51 AM
I'd lean toward not renaming .... Hunter himself was not football-related, and it would diminish the other children of players who have died (or players themselves, for that matter, like Walter Payton). Let's just consider ourselves lucky that at least ours is already named after a man instead of a company.

The_Philster
08-07-2005, 09:32 AM
But you were wrong, you said none were Bills QBs.You ddn't read my post closely enough :shakeno: I said none ARE Bills QBs...Kelly will always be thought of as a Bills QB...Flutie's a Pat now..get what I'm saying?

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2005, 10:47 AM
You ddn't read my post closely enough :shakeno: I said none ARE Bills QBs...Kelly will always be thought of as a Bills QB...Flutie's a Pat now..get what I'm saying?

Nice try wiggling out of it. Kelly ISN'T a Bills QB either by the same definition. Actually, the most success that Flutie ever had as a player in the NFL was when he was playing for the Bills. Maybe he WILL be thought of as a Bill.

The_Philster
08-07-2005, 11:20 AM
refresh my memory...did Kelly retire as a Bill or didn't he? :huh: ;)

Dozerdog
08-07-2005, 11:47 AM
ummm...none of those guys are Bills QBs, though

good point
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->This is the grander point being made here.

Now we have to quantify

1)Who was a Bills QB

2) How long

3) Was his kid sick enough to qualify?

Blah, blah, blah

What about Bob Kalsu? Or BobbyChandler? Or Jim Braxton? I would think Hunter's Hope would benefit a lot more naming the field "Budweiser Stadium" for $10 million and giving it to the foundation.

Philagape
08-07-2005, 11:51 AM
There is no one player (much less relatives of players) who deserves to have an NFL stadium named after him. It just doesn't happen. It's like saying a player was greater than the team. There are many other ways to be remembered.

zone
08-07-2005, 06:43 PM
The point of the matter is, Jim Kelly is a hero in buffalo. Football is more important then politics and religion in upstate NY and you better believe when a politician’s child dies something is named after them.

The fact that you can list of a handful of qb's that have problems with there children is IMO not a coincidence, can you name 5 guys in your field of work that have children with diseases? If I was a betting man I would have to say that football may have contributed to the problem, and why would anyone care if they changed the name of the stupid field? We all survived after Rich changed to RW.

BuffaloRanger
08-08-2005, 03:08 AM
Let's not get carried away. Do not change the field's name. A tribute to Hunter is a great idea. Erect a statue near the Kelly club entrance.