PDA

View Full Version : Bills News on Sirius

Tatonka
08-05-2005, 03:28 PM
couple interesting notes on radio i just heard.. made some good points..

Correll Buckhalter just busted his knee up again and left practice limping.. first of all what kind of jack asses do they feel like.. westbrook holding out.. and buckhalter cant stay healthy.. and they interviewed trey thomas on the OLine.. he didnt even know who ryan moats was. lol. Think they wish they could get a do over on Henry? idiots.

and while i am on it.. WTF is henry thinking.. how in gods name does going to Tennessee on a crappy team where he still is splitting carries help him at all? why the hell didnt he just shut up and play out his contract? moron.

ANYWAYS... rant over.. the point was they.. hey.. funny how the eagles and bills are talking now.. the eagles obviously HAVE to clear more room to get westbrook signed now.. and they love what they are seeing from mike patterson, their rookie DT.. so they were saying that it made a ton of sense from both sides that they work something out.. asap.

they also went on to say that after being at bills camp 3 days ago.. they felt like it was lip service that MM was giving about seeing no drop off with out big pat in there. they were saying MM knows the D is going to have to be big this year for a playoff run, and they cant afford to be weak in the middle.

also, as i stated.. Sam Adams is getting old and while i still think he is awesome.. he is likely gone after next year.. as well as Edwards being a FA. so potentially, we could lose both of our starting DTs going into next year.. now i know some of you want nate to stay.. and so do I.. but having Anderson and Bannan/Sape as our starting DTs sounds like an emergency to me..

besides.. we will be letting moulds go next year or reducing his salary SIGNIFICANTLY from the 9 million he is scheduled to make.. so i would think they could find room for a guy like simon (at around 5 mil a year) and clements.

Drive 4 Five
08-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Sounds like a plan, and while it may not be an immediate need this year, we do know that Donahoe almost always operates with the future in mind. So do you think that there is a good possibility it will get done? When I first heard about it, I thought that the fact that The Eagles had not actually spoken to the Bills probably meant that it was a rumor at best. After much thought though, it makes perfect sense, especially when you put it the way that you did, in saying that the need for a STRONG defense is imperative to our success in getting to the playoffs. It makes damn good sense. Good feedback bro.

Tatonka
08-05-2005, 04:41 PM
no problem.

Novacane
08-05-2005, 05:07 PM
I can't see it. If they felt Edwards could not do it then they why would'nt they have kept PW for less money and no draft picks?

DraftBoy
08-05-2005, 05:21 PM
I can't see it. If they felt Edwards could not do it then they why would'nt they have kept PW for less money and no draft picks?

You gotta give the kid a shot to atleast look at him. Has he had long enough yet? Not really but if they see a weakness then they are gonna correct it and fast. Also PW wasnt deserving of the money he got imo.

Tatonka
08-05-2005, 08:58 PM
simon is much younger and not that much more in price.. he is a better option than PW at this point in his career comparitively.

X-Era
08-05-2005, 09:12 PM
couple interesting notes on radio i just heard.. made some good points..

Correll Buckhalter just busted his knee up again and left practice limping.. first of all what kind of jack asses do they feel like.. westbrook holding out.. and buckhalter cant stay healthy.. and they interviewed trey thomas on the OLine.. he didnt even know who ryan moats was. lol. Think they wish they could get a do over on Henry? idiots.

and while i am on it.. WTF is henry thinking.. how in gods name does going to Tennessee on a crappy team where he still is splitting carries help him at all? why the hell didnt he just shut up and play out his contract? moron.

ANYWAYS... rant over.. the point was they.. hey.. funny how the eagles and bills are talking now.. the eagles obviously HAVE to clear more room to get westbrook signed now.. and they love what they are seeing from mike patterson, their rookie DT.. so they were saying that it made a ton of sense from both sides that they work something out.. asap.

they also went on to say that after being at bills camp 3 days ago.. they felt like it was lip service that MM was giving about seeing no drop off with out big pat in there. they were saying MM knows the D is going to have to be big this year for a playoff run, and they cant afford to be weak in the middle.

also, as i stated.. Sam Adams is getting old and while i still think he is awesome.. he is likely gone after next year.. as well as Edwards being a FA. so potentially, we could lose both of our starting DTs going into next year.. now i know some of you want nate to stay.. and so do I.. but having Anderson and Bannan/Sape as our starting DTs sounds like an emergency to me..

besides.. we will be letting moulds go next year or reducing his salary SIGNIFICANTLY from the 9 million he is scheduled to make.. so i would think they could find room for a guy like simon (at around 5 mil a year) and clements.
Where the hell was the new info on the Simon situation? Thats was nothing more than what the clown radio guys were saying.

Waste of a thread

The Spaz
08-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Where the hell was the new info on the Simon situation? Thats was nothing more than what the clown radio guys were saying.

Waste of a thread

You are...

alohabillsfan
08-05-2005, 09:55 PM
It's all about timing I think TD can get Simon fot a discount this year, he currently is not making a dime and if he can snub the Eagles with the turmoil they are in, plus with the vets we have on D and the fact the TM drafted him when hr was with the Eagles. I give it a 65% chance of happening!

clumping platelets
08-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Moulds 2006 cap number is about $11 million...his 2006 salary is $6.089 million.

I think something will get done before FA period. The Bills must wait until after the Super Bowl to work on his deal again.