PDA

View Full Version : Tell ya right now what Losman is!!!!

X-Era
08-05-2005, 08:23 PM
He is a mixture of Flutie, Favre, and Vick in a good way.

He has a rocket of an arm, the guy flat out drills it in there.

He is mobile and throws on the run like a Vick.

He makes stuff happen when it aint there like Flutie.

Now, the down side is he makes mistakes like Favre, Vick, and Flutie. He isnt Manning. He wont stand in there and pick apart a D like Manning will. Hes a run and gun or get it out fast type QB like a Favre or Young

I like it overall, he aint perfect but he will definetely win games with his athleticism but will lose games because he doesnt have the poise of a Manning or Brady.

kevinj22
08-05-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't think that it will take him long to understand that he needs to be smarter. He has tremendous upside and I am VERY excited.

X-Era
08-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I don't think that it will take him long to understand that he needs to be smarter. He has tremendous upside and I am VERY excited.
I feel like giving a mixed response. You say he needs to be smarter yet he really only had one dumb play (should have been int for a TD).

Agree he has tremendous upside and Ill tell ya what he looked pretty damn sharp for most of it to me.

Overall I dont think we are gonna see alot of, Losman drops back and gets sacked because he cant read whats going on. I think we will see alot of Losman drops back and runs out of a sack and then either trys to make a athletic throw or runs it.

I think we have an exciting and bright future at QB!!!

alohabillsfan
08-05-2005, 09:59 PM
I agree he did not look uncomfortable or nervous seemed to have command of the Offense. I give him a grade of 7 1/2, I feel real good about KH as the back up! The D was blitzing and flying to the ball we out played GB! I hope it is a sign of thing to come!

P.S. pass blocking OK run blocking OK left side did produce will review the tivo and regrade!

MDFINFAN
08-05-2005, 10:50 PM
You defintely have a mobile QB, his running will get a lot of 1st downs when things break down.. Smarts come with playing.

clumping platelets
08-05-2005, 10:51 PM
A little early for his nomination to the HOF

MDFINFAN
08-05-2005, 10:56 PM

Ya think? LOL

OpIv37
08-05-2005, 11:11 PM

you forgot the blatant homerism. Every Bill should be in the Hall of Fame except Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe and Erik Flowers.

Static
08-05-2005, 11:34 PM
He looked good tonight in the scrimmage.

ublinkwescore
08-06-2005, 12:03 AM
you forgot the blatant homerism. Every Bill should be in the Hall of Fame except Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe and Erik Flowers.

You forgot Antowain Smith and Jay Riemersma.

feelthepain
08-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Nothing wrong with being excited, nothing wrong with loving what a player brings to your team. Just remember, it was just a scrimmage. I don't know much about JP but he seems to have all the tools. Remember Marino was probably the best ever as a QB but without support around you, you will struggle to win big games. But with JP being so young you'll find time to build around him.