• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BFBills
    "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
    • Oct 2002

What can we do?

us the people.
    how can we help keep the sabres here in buffalo?
    maybe start a petition?
    "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
    anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
    • Dec 2002

a petition will do no good at all....look at http://whalers.hart.net last I checked they aren't gonna bring back the Whalers.

I don't know what the answer is, but as sad as it is if we are relying on the government in Buffalo to save the Sabres...I'm pretty sure we are F'ed!!
    I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!

Comment

• BFBills
      "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
      • Oct 2002

lol
      "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BironsGirl43
        Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
        • Oct 2002

I think if we just keep supporting them.. that's the best we can do.. catch a game here and there and root so that the people know that there are people who care about the Sabres and don't want them to leave.. other than that.. not much!

Edit: I just found this.. it might help you out

I emailed all of the representatives with the letter and signed it at the bottom.. hopefully this will mean something
        Last edited by BironsGirl43; 01-01-2003, 02:52 PM.
        ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

• MelK
          Working Incognito
          • Dec 2002

If we collected 1/2 Billion Soda & Berer cans/bottles we can collect enough money to pay for Hammister's aide package.

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

I think when the Jets were about to leave Winnipeg, the citizens and business community came up with about $15-20 mil (CAN) in an attempt to buy the team and keep it in Winnipeg. Since this was ridiculously low, the team was still sold and moved to Phoenix. However, perhaps trying to start a fund with money from Buffalo businesses and fans to pay for the improvements the team requires might make a difference. This way, paying for the team would be an optional thing and people/businesses could devote what they feel is a reasonable amount to help the team. It would also show the league and others that Buffalo really is interested in keeping its team ... instead of the impression that is being left right now with horrid attendance and little community support (talk is cheap, money is real support).

Comment

• sabresfan18
              • Nov 2002

I think we should do what the packers fans did...they are owned by their fans! That would be the best..owning part of the Buffalo Sabres! I'm in!

Comment

• BigDoug
                1-800-SAD-GOAT
                • Jul 2002

So henryrules, you're saying you'd start a fund to support those (poor) mutimillionaire hockey players ?

Comment

Working...
                X