PDA

View Full Version : Bills-Packers Scrimmage- Gandy Evaluation

Mahdi
08-05-2005, 10:22 PM
After watching the tape of the scrimmage I have made my own evaluation of Gandy.

In the 11 passing plays he was involved in he blocked well on 10 and only got burned once by KGB.( the play in the redzone where JP overthrew the TE but he should have run it in) He also had a nice pancake, on one of the passing plays.

In the 8 running plays he was involved in he actually did pretty well. He is definitely the athlete that McNally says he is. He gets to the second level quickly and pulls very well. On the first play of the game, he was leading Lee Evans with Losman on that reverse. The man can certainly run. Another highlight block he had was on McGahee's touchdown run, his block cleared out the DT and allowed McGahee to get into the endzone.

If this game is any indication of Gandy's abilities than I think he might actually be a solid LT as long as he stays healthy.

It's not much of an evaluation but I thought I'd share my observations.

OpIv37
08-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I actually thought Gandy was adequate. Nothing spectacular but he held his own and didn't do anything that hurt the team. I'm still not convinced that he'll play well against the monster defenses in our division, but I feel a little better.

Tatonka
08-06-2005, 01:59 AM
thanks for reviewing the tapes.. it is hard to watch the LT live..

glad to know he did well.

can you tell why there were not holes there for WM? who was at fault?