PDA

View Full Version : Brett Farve is a media whore...

OpIv37
08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Ok, so those of you who saw the game know that the kid who sang the National Anthem was an 8 year old with cancer. When he sang, his shirt had autographs from numerous players, and as the game went on, they showed several more signing it on the sidelines.

However, when he finished singing and was walking back to the sidelines, Brett Favre walked out to the middle of the field, signed his shirt and gave him a football. Right in the middle of the field, where everyone including the cameras could see what a great, caring human being Brett Favre is.

Now don't get me wrong- certainly this kid is in for a struggle and he was incredibly brave and talented to sing in front of that many people. It's great that the players are doing what they can to lift his spirits and support him. But why the **** does Favre have to make sure everyone sees him doing it? Why does he have to make a spectacle out of it? None of the other players did that- they were content to talk to him and give him autographs on the sidelines. They did a good deed without thinking or caring about who saw them do it. Favre, on the other hand, had to make sure he got his kudos on national TV for doing what every other pro athlete does to help. It's not enough to do it- everyone has to KNOW he did it.

what a jackass.

Dozerdog
08-05-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm sure that's EXACTLY what the kid with Leukemia was thinking.

Sick Kid - " Ahh... here's my big moment- my 15 minutes of fame! Just sang the anthem at a full Lambeau field, the fans are standing and cheering- ....They love me! They really love me!"

"Whaaaa????? Brett Favre? WTF is he doing here? This is MY MOMENT! And he's writing on my new ball...............What an A- Hole!"

OpIv37
08-05-2005, 10:43 PM
the kid might not care, but the rest of us should- it's one thing to help people, it's another thing to use a sick kid for a publicity stunt.

Skatt8011
08-05-2005, 10:46 PM
I think your blowing this way out of proportion, did it ever occur to you that the kid might actually WANT an autograph from the QB who has pretty much been deemed immortal to the city of Green Bay?

I seriously doubt Favre's motive for doing that was to make himself look like a great person, your just being a hater.

OpIv37
08-05-2005, 10:53 PM
I think your blowing this way out of proportion, did it ever occur to you that the kid might actually WANT an autograph from the QB who has pretty much been deemed immortal to the city of Green Bay?

I seriously doubt Favre's motive for doing that was to make himself look like a great person, your just being a hater.

yeah and he WANTED autographs from the other players too but they didn't feel the need to give them in a manner where no less than 60,000 people would witness it. And then the announcers singled him out and they showed the footage of it- I don't understand why Brett Favre has to be singled out for doing the same damn thing that half his team did that night and most professional athletes do all the time. They made him look like a damn hero and gave no props to anyone else.

Skatt8011
08-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Because hes BRETT FAVRE! The kid doesnt want 3rd team Olineman #62 UFA from Alcorn State to give him an autograph, he wants BRETT FAVRE's autograph. Lol Im not gonna argue anymore about something so dumb.

OpIv37
08-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Because hes BRETT FAVRE! The kid doesnt want 3rd team Olineman #62 UFA from Alcorn State to give him an autograph, he wants BRETT FAVRE's autograph. Lol Im not gonna argue anymore about something so dumb.

So, because he's BRETT FAVRE what he did is so much more valuable than what everyone else did? Um, in case you didn't notice there are OTHER stars on the football team. It's not Brett Favre and 52 3rd team O-linemen UFA's from Alcorn State. Where's their props? Oh wait, they don't get any because they didn't walk out onto the field to draw attention to their good deeds. Get it now?

Dozerdog
08-05-2005, 11:04 PM
the kid might not care, but the rest of us should- it's one thing to help people, it's another thing to use a sick kid for a publicity stunt.Jesus Christ! The kid is dying!

Maybe he's one of those Make-a-wish kids who wanted as his wish to have his favorite player (Favre) on his favorite team (Packers) give him a ball in his favorite place (Lambeau).

I can see you sitting in the front row booing voicefully while Dora the Explorer cringes and puts her hand to sheild her face in the "Do I know you?" fashion.

Ya should have thrown a half-full beer cup at 'em!

Skatt8011
08-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I see what your thinking and your wrong, but whatever, Favre is the team captain, and if anyone is gonna go out there its gonna be him.

Dozerdog
08-05-2005, 11:08 PM
OP IV in front row - BOOOOOO!!!!
Brett Favre- "Here Ya go kid!"

Sick Kid - "Thanks Brett! I'll remember this moment the rest of my abbreviated life!"

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

OpIv37
08-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Ya should have thrown a half-full beer cup at 'em!

I was at home- all that would have solved was wasting beer and possibly shorting out my TV.

Seriously, it looks an awful lot to me like Brett Favre used a dying kid as a publicity stunt. Apparently, not having a "Brett Favre can do no wrong" mindset makes me a hater.

Skatt8011
08-05-2005, 11:36 PM
If Favre had a wardrobe malfunction, then you mightve had a point, but he didnt, and your way off base.

DraftBoy
08-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Green Bay prolly set the whole thing up, have their team icon give a sick kid the ball in th e middle of the field as a good show of support. I dont think Brett did so intentionally though I wouldnt put it past him. Im sure some GB exec thought the idea was gold and wanted to sell more merchandise or something like that.

Dozerdog
08-06-2005, 12:20 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/00coverart/080405newsweb.jpg
Leukemia patient Austin DeGroot, 8, Wrightstown, will sing the national anthem for Packers Family Night on Friday. He will later be whored out for the Media by Packers QB Bret Favre. H. Marc Larson/Press-Gazette

That Guy
08-06-2005, 12:25 AM
I think the kid was the media whore. What's he doing milking the Leukemia like that?... ****ing kids these days.

Bulldog
08-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Man, some of the people on this thread are $ucking ******s. I'm sure it was all a show for the sake of Farve. Great observation!

Historian
08-06-2005, 05:27 AM
I thought it was a really nice gesture.

Last Christmas, I looked for a Favre ball, or anything signed by him for my nephew, and it just doesn't exist, because the guy does not sign a lot of stuff.

Gunzlingr
08-06-2005, 07:07 AM
Leukemia patient Austin DeGroot, 8, Wrightstown, will sing the national anthem for Packers Family Night on Friday. He will later be whored out for the Media by Packers QB Bret Favre. H. Marc Larson/Press-Gazette

:rofl:

Michael82
08-06-2005, 07:34 AM
I thought it was a really nice gesture.

Last Christmas, I looked for a Favre ball, or anything signed by him for my nephew, and it just doesn't exist, because the guy does not sign a lot of stuff.
:shocked: Thats definitely not true. He signs a ton of stuff, especially at Training camp.

OpIv37
08-06-2005, 07:45 AM
seriously, as someone already pointed out, he's BRETT FAVRE- there's a good chance it would have been captured on camera anyway. I just don't understand the extra effort to ensure he got noticed.

I just want someone to answer this question: Why did Brett Favre have to walk out onto the field and make sure everyone saw him give the autograph when all the other players were content to do it before the game and during the game without being under the spotlight?

don137
08-06-2005, 07:49 AM
I think the highlight of the kid's day was to have Brett Farve come put personally and give him the ball. It was a tribute to the kid by the most famous Packer since Vince Lombardi and it meant more to the kid than if Brett just signed it on the sideline for him.

Michael82
08-06-2005, 09:04 AM
I think the highlight of the kid's day was to have Brett Farve come put personally and give him the ball. It was a tribute to the kid by the most famous Packer since Vince Lombardi and it meant more to the kid than if Brett just signed it on the sideline for him.
That's what I was thinking. Good post. :bf1:

justasportsfan
08-06-2005, 09:07 AM
the kid might not care, but the rest of us should- it's one thing to help people, it's another thing to use a sick kid for a publicity stunt.Icompletely disagree. Farve does not need anymore publicity. What he did for a sick kid was allow thekid to shine infront of everyone. Now the kid can say "did you see me? Did you see one of the greatest player to play the game walk up to me an sign the ball infront of all those people?"

Farve is a HOFer. He doesn't need anymore publicity. He isn't TO or Moss.

pleasesavedrew
08-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Its really pathetic that you would even say something like that. Don't getdpown on a guy for being nice, he was just doing the right thing. Also the kid prolly thought it was cool to be on the field w/ #4. He also probably thought it was even cooler knowing that every other person there was jealous of him because the fans in Green Bay are so in love w/ Farve. Brett Farve did the right thing. Hes a class act.

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2005, 09:39 AM

:spit: funny stuff man

OpIv37
08-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Its really pathetic that you would even say something like that. Don't getdpown on a guy for being nice, he was just doing the right thing.

The right thing for the wrong reason. I guess if you do something immoral but it has positive side effects, it must be perfectly acceptable.

imbondz
08-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Brett Favre- "Here Ya go kid!"

Sick Kid - "Thanks Brett! I'll remember this moment the rest of my abbreviated life!"

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
:rofl: !!!!

L.A. Playa
08-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Op is one angry man, I have one question for you Op where you in love with Mary too???

imbondz
08-06-2005, 10:16 AM
yeah Op, you couldn't be more off with this one :chuckle:

L.A. Playa
08-06-2005, 10:26 AM
This is what Op is really angry about

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/61000/61794/3-SomethingMary.JPG

buffalofan19
08-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Ok, so those of you who saw the game know that the kid who sang the National Anthem was an 8 year old with cancer. When he sang, his shirt had autographs from numerous players, and as the game went on, they showed several more signing it on the sidelines.

However, when he finished singing and was walking back to the sidelines, Brett Favre walked out to the middle of the field, signed his shirt and gave him a football. Right in the middle of the field, where everyone including the cameras could see what a great, caring human being Brett Favre is.

Now don't get me wrong- certainly this kid is in for a struggle and he was incredibly brave and talented to sing in front of that many people. It's great that the players are doing what they can to lift his spirits and support him. But why the **** does Favre have to make sure everyone sees him doing it? Why does he have to make a spectacle out of it? None of the other players did that- they were content to talk to him and give him autographs on the sidelines. They did a good deed without thinking or caring about who saw them do it. Favre, on the other hand, had to make sure he got his kudos on national TV for doing what every other pro athlete does to help. It's not enough to do it- everyone has to KNOW he did it.

what a jackass.
Though I highly doubt it, even if Favre did it solely for media attention, I'm over it. Really doesn't bother me one way or the other.