PDA

View Full Version : Rate JP's peformance in the scrimmage

OpIv37
08-05-2005, 11:21 PM
on a scale of 1-5. People are all over the place with their assessments, so I want to see the results of a poll.

JD
08-05-2005, 11:21 PM

ublinkwescore
08-06-2005, 12:20 AM
3 here also - you should have given three another statement though - like "he did good for a virtual rookie, but he's definitely gonna need to improve a little when the bullets fly for real".

Meathead
08-06-2005, 04:16 AM
To be honest, I thought he did pretty poorly. But frankly I'd expect that out of anybody in his position. It really is virtually meaningless at this point. A few plays in a controlled scrimmage in his first time out as the starter. He appeared like he was trying too hard, understandable for a guy in his position. He'll continue to progress through preseason and by Game 1 he'll have a lot of this initial roughness worked out.

Hey, he's very green and he's going to make a lot of mistakes you wouldn't see out of a veteran. Granted it was against second stringers but look at how much better Holcomb looked when he was in there.

It's going to be tough watching Losman at times, like when he threw into the ez instead of just trotting there himself when the field was wide open in front of him. Some of that he'll work out, some he won't. You better get used to the idea that he’s going to make you pull your hair out a lot during the season. That’s just the way it is.

With the rest of the team so strong, whether the Bills make the playoffs or not will probably hinge on exactly when he makes those mistakes. Literally 2-3 plays out of an entire season can easily determine whether your record will be 10-6 or 7-9. For example, if he throws an incompletion on third and goal instead of waltzing into the ez like he could have in this scrimmage, those 4 missed points against the Jets or Fish could easily result in a loss.

Of course that’s true for any qb. The point is a veteran with poise easily recognizes those situations and doesn’t make the same mistake. Bledsoe could have Herman Munstered a run into the ez on that play.

I am excited to see him play this year and it was time to let Bledsoe walk. But the bottom line is there is no way he’ll be overall as effective as Bledsoe would have been on this team this year. Whether that ends up causing the Bills the playoffs remains to be seen. You better acknowledge that right now or this season could really suck for you.

Jan Reimers
08-06-2005, 04:52 AM
He was 6-9 for 67 yards, no interceptions and a couple of nice scrambles. While this was just a scrimmage, I wouldn't say he played poorly at all.

Konyeezie
08-06-2005, 04:57 AM
I give him a 2.5 but I'd give Bledsoe a 1 on most days.

Historian
08-06-2005, 05:19 AM
The announcers got it right. He made a couple wrong decisions, but overall, I thought his play was fine.

He showed everyone his athleticism, and lets be honest, in an actual game, he escapes those defenders, and at least ditches the ball to avoid a sack.

I give him a solid B. And the rest of the team as well. they've only been at camp for four days, yet looked very organized, and well conditioned.

This is going to be a good year!

Mark it down!

indianabillsfan
08-06-2005, 06:18 AM
I completely agree, Billsology, very well put. I was pleased with J.P. What more could you expect from someone at this point in his career who missed most of his rookie year ? I love the extra dimension of mobility that he adds to the attack. I am very excited about this season and I think J.P. will be one of the pleasantly surprising players in the NFL this year that most experts don't expect much from. I can hardly wait for the season to begin so J.P. and the rest of the team can show the whole country they are going to be a force this year. Go Bills !!!!

indianabillsfan
08-06-2005, 06:23 AM
I am wondering how many NFL fans do you think could name the Bills starting QB right now ? I would say 2 out of 3 might be generous. I ran into a fellow Bills fan here in Indiana a couple of weeks ago and he asked me what I though about REX LOSMAN. REX LOSMAN ???? Is he some kind of hybrid between J.P. Losman and Rex Grosman of the Bears ? I found that to be very scary when a Bills fan says something like that.

mayotm
08-06-2005, 06:42 AM
I was very encouraged by J.P.'s performance. The most important thing to be was that he seemed calm and poised. He looked comfortable in the pocket. For the most part, he stayed in the pocket. He didn't look to run right away. He also got rid of the ball fairly quickly.

Konyeezie
08-06-2005, 07:09 AM
I thought he looked a little nervous actually... but that's to be expected in his first game action of the year.

Novacane
08-06-2005, 07:38 AM
I give him a 3 to 4.
I see we still have a few Bledsoe koolaid drinkers around. If you did not see him do things Bledsoe could never have done you were just not watching

Novacane
08-06-2005, 07:41 AM
. But the bottom line is there is no way he’ll be overall as effective as Bledsoe would have been on this team this year. .

:rolleyes: says the guy who a year ago at this time was predicting Bledsoe would have a great year.

don137
08-06-2005, 07:44 AM
If this was week 11 I would of been kind of thought he did avaerage howver this is just one week into training camp. Considering he will grow as a player physically and mentally I think he did real well. I enjoy watching him behind the center a lot more than Bledsoe. He has a lot more upside than Bledsoe as well.