• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indianabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Bills-Packers Scrimmage Highlights on Sportscenter

They showed two plays.

1) Favre completing an 8 yard pass to Javon Walker.

2) Favre completing a short TD pass to TE Ben Steele

They also mentioned that Favre threw 3 TD's in four plays, but no mention that all of those plays were from 5 yards and in. That was it !! More typical media hype for Golden Boy Brett Favre. Also, no mention of how the Bills kicked the Packers' ass from start to finish.

ESPN
  • indianabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills-Packers Scrimmage Highlights on Sportscenter

I know it's only a scrimmage and the season is a month away, but that was just wrong. Some people will probably tell me to calm down. I will eventually. That's OK, though. Everyone will just keep ignoring the Bills and they will just keep laying in the weeds and then ambush their opponents this year. They will EARN their respect !!

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

ESPN has always been Bills haters. And Brett Favre lovers. They give no respect, except for when Berman is on. Hell, even when the Bills had that big winning streak at the end of the season...you hardly ever saw replays on Sports Center. It's a load of **** and it's another reason why ESPN sucks.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Yeah, from their coverage, it doesn't even look like the Bills showed up, let alone kicked the crap out of Favre and company.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Good God almighty, please quit whining about not getting respect. When we win on a regular basis in the regular season then we will get respect.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I'm just a proponent of fair and objective reporting, so ESPN's coverage irritates me.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

ESPN goes where the ratings are. Farve brings in there ratings and unfortunately many could care less about Buffalo. Its the same for them in every sport. If the Sabres beat the Penquins 6-2 the only clips they would show is the Crosby and Lemieux scoring.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I'm just a proponent of fair and objective reporting, so ESPN's coverage irritates me.
                Thank you. I totally agree.

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

when the Bills become a perennial playoff team again, they'll get coverage, until then, teams like the packers deserve more t.v. coverage-
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
                    when the Bills become a perennial playoff team again, they'll get coverage, until then, teams like the packers deserve more t.v. coverage-
                    But the point is....it was the scrimmage with the Bills against the Packers....and I felt that the Bills kicked their ass, other than the few red zone/goal line plays. and I don't care what you say...that one touchdown was bobbled and was not a ****ing touchdown. The Packers shouldn't have had 4 TDs...just 3.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Well as much as us fin fans understand your anger at this I would have to say this is just more bad reporting from ESPN. Whe showing highlights they always seem to go about like a homer!! They jump on one team and thats all they show. I don't like watching Primetime, one because of Berman...I'm sure you know why, and two becuase they seem to always show one team more then the other, it seems to be a theme with them. It's always like a highlight reel of just one of the two teams playing. I don't get it who wants to watch just one side of a game???

Football is football it's fun to watch the highlights and see good plays. But we only seem to get the highlights of just one team, like the other team did absolutely nothing the whole game. It stinks and I avoid ESPN highlights if there are other NFL shows to watch. A lot of bad reporting from them IMO.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

ESPN has made me sick of TO and the Eagles.

TO could break a nail and it'd be on the headlines of every ESPN show.
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Your also a Bills fan and highly bias. Im sure a packers fan would see things differently. It was a touchdown I dont care what you say the ball never hit the ground. The only reason it got any play on SC was because Lambeau sold out, so why exactly did the Bills deserve any of that coverage? Aside from all that it was just a bloody scrimmage, yea I would of liked to see some Bills highlights but Im not gonna get all bent out of shape on it, especially for a show like SC which has to cover about 30 events and 2 stories in 1 hour.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            Considering it was only a scrimmage- putting in the prospective of what the event actually was- I'm suprised they had any coverage at all.

The only newsworthy item at all about it is that 62,000 showed up for a scrimmage.

I'm sure the only reson it got airtime is because there was decent footage (Due to being on NFL Network)

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

BTW- It's on for the 3rd or 4th time already on NFL network

Comment

Working...
                              X