PDA

View Full Version : Bills-Packers Scrimmage Highlights on Sportscenter

indianabillsfan
08-06-2005, 07:21 AM
They showed two plays. :horsecrap :poop: :bs:

1) Favre completing an 8 yard pass to Javon Walker.

2) Favre completing a short TD pass to TE Ben Steele

They also mentioned that Favre threw 3 TD's in four plays, but no mention that all of those plays were from 5 yards and in. That was it !! More typical media hype for Golden Boy Brett Favre. Also, no mention of how the Bills kicked the Packers' ass from start to finish. :pissed: :fit: :curse:

:monkeyp:ESPN

indianabillsfan
08-06-2005, 07:25 AM
I know it's only a scrimmage and the season is a month away, but that was just wrong. Some people will probably tell me to calm down. I will eventually. That's OK, though. Everyone will just keep ignoring the Bills and they will just keep laying in the weeds and then ambush their opponents this year. They will EARN their respect !!

Michael82
08-06-2005, 07:57 AM
ESPN has always been Bills haters. And Brett Favre lovers. They give no respect, except for when Berman is on. Hell, even when the Bills had that big winning streak at the end of the season...you hardly ever saw replays on Sports Center. It's a load of **** and it's another reason why ESPN sucks. :mad: :curse: :ill:

Jan Reimers
08-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Yeah, from their coverage, it doesn't even look like the Bills showed up, let alone kicked the crap out of Favre and company.

HAMMER
08-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Good God almighty, please quit whining about not getting respect. When we win on a regular basis in the regular season then we will get respect.

Jan Reimers
08-06-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm just a proponent of fair and objective reporting, so ESPN's coverage irritates me.

don137
08-06-2005, 08:45 AM
ESPN goes where the ratings are. Farve brings in there ratings and unfortunately many could care less about Buffalo. Its the same for them in every sport. If the Sabres beat the Penquins 6-2 the only clips they would show is the Crosby and Lemieux scoring.

Michael82
08-06-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm just a proponent of fair and objective reporting, so ESPN's coverage irritates me.
Thank you. I totally agree. :posrep:

imbondz
08-06-2005, 10:13 AM
when the Bills become a perennial playoff team again, they'll get coverage, until then, teams like the packers deserve more t.v. coverage-

Michael82
08-06-2005, 10:43 AM
when the Bills become a perennial playoff team again, they'll get coverage, until then, teams like the packers deserve more t.v. coverage-
But the point is....it was the scrimmage with the Bills against the Packers....and I felt that the Bills kicked their ass, other than the few red zone/goal line plays. and I don't care what you say...that one touchdown was bobbled and was not a ****ing touchdown. The Packers shouldn't have had 4 TDs...just 3. :D

feelthepain
08-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Well as much as us fin fans understand your anger at this I would have to say this is just more bad reporting from ESPN. Whe showing highlights they always seem to go about like a homer!! They jump on one team and thats all they show. I don't like watching Primetime, one because of Berman...I'm sure you know why, and two becuase they seem to always show one team more then the other, it seems to be a theme with them. It's always like a highlight reel of just one of the two teams playing. I don't get it who wants to watch just one side of a game???

Football is football it's fun to watch the highlights and see good plays. But we only seem to get the highlights of just one team, like the other team did absolutely nothing the whole game. It stinks and I avoid ESPN highlights if there are other NFL shows to watch. A lot of bad reporting from them IMO.

Crisis
08-06-2005, 10:52 AM
ESPN has made me sick of TO and the Eagles.

TO could break a nail and it'd be on the headlines of every ESPN show.

DraftBoy
08-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Your also a Bills fan and highly bias. Im sure a packers fan would see things differently. It was a touchdown I dont care what you say the ball never hit the ground. The only reason it got any play on SC was because Lambeau sold out, so why exactly did the Bills deserve any of that coverage? Aside from all that it was just a bloody scrimmage, yea I would of liked to see some Bills highlights but Im not gonna get all bent out of shape on it, especially for a show like SC which has to cover about 30 events and 2 stories in 1 hour.

Dozerdog
08-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Considering it was only a scrimmage- putting in the prospective of what the event actually was- I'm suprised they had any coverage at all.

The only newsworthy item at all about it is that 62,000 showed up for a scrimmage.

I'm sure the only reson it got airtime is because there was decent footage (Due to being on NFL Network)

Dozerdog
08-06-2005, 11:05 AM
BTW- It's on for the 3rd or 4th time already on NFL network

Jan Reimers
08-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Considering it was only a scrimmage- putting in the prospective of what the event actually was- I'm suprised they had any coverage at all.

The only newsworthy item at all about it is that 62,000 showed up for a scrimmage.

I'm sure the only reson it got airtime is because there was decent footage (Due to being on NFL Network)
I would have preferred no footage at all to a totally one-sided piece that made it look as if Brett Favre was having a field day. Just one play featuring JP would have been nice.

But ESPN has its favorites, and the Bills are not among them.

im4bflo
08-06-2005, 04:50 PM
ESPN has always been Bills haters. And Brett Favre lovers. They give no respect, except for when Berman is on. Hell, even when the Bills had that big winning streak at the end of the season...you hardly ever saw replays on Sports Center. It's a load of **** and it's another reason why ESPN sucks. :mad: :curse: :ill:
I AGREE!!! PHK ESPN!
Except for Boomer ;)

mysticsoto
08-06-2005, 05:06 PM
I would have preferred no footage at all to a totally one-sided piece that made it look as if Brett Favre was having a field day. Just one play featuring JP would have been nice.

But ESPN has its favorites, and the Bills are not among them.
Our defense did really well, and I thought they should have shown atleast one highlight - maybe one of the many sacks that would have happened. Or the excellent coverage our secondary did.

Also, since JP is a big question mark, they could have shown him throwing that long pass across the middle to Parrish for a score. That was nice and could have made some analysts perk up and notice since they always list Buffalo low on the list of rankings for this year b'cse of our "rookie" QB...

Bill Brasky
08-06-2005, 05:15 PM
my favorite part was when they go "wait til you see how many fans showed up to see a Packers scrimmage"... like it would have been that hard to say "against the Bills".

then when they showed the highlights the lady was like "who would have though 62,000 fans would show up to see the Packers take on THE BILLS" like we're nobody's.

ESPN sucks. Its like local news for NFCEast. No other teams matter.

mybills
08-09-2005, 07:43 AM
I've been busy. :ill: Who won? What was the score? :idunno:

The_Philster
08-09-2005, 03:18 PM
I've been busy. :ill: Who won? What was the score? :idunno:It was a scrimmage...score wasn't kept