PDA

View Full Version : Losman under the microscope pisses me off

X-Era
08-06-2005, 08:03 AM
You go to one web specific website that said he struggled last night. But he will "learn". The play where he ran instead of throwing to Josh Reed, he had already ran and crossed the line BEFORE Josh got open. The sack by THompson, he was completely unblocked and JP would have smoked him for a big running gain. Again, something that would NOT have happened last year with Bleedslow.

Ya know what ticks me off, Bledsoe would have played worse last night yet they would have said he was just a little "rusty".

There aint a damn QB in the league that never makes mistakes. Losman threw rockets last night, either got the ball out in under 3 seconds or scrambled, and made plays.

If nothing else, we should feel great that we finally have a QB that has an internal 3 second clock and wont stand there like a statue and takes sacks or force dumb throws. Instead we get stuck with this constant criticism to be perfect and every mistake is because he is young and needs to learn.

Poise- mid season form, ball out or hes out of the pocket in under 3 seconds
Accuracy- mid season form, high percentage on the money
Decision making- mostly very good, at worst 50/50. only improves with experience. Really only 1 play that was a negative, threw for a almost int/td
Scrambling- mid season form

Losman made Brett Favre look bad last night, more accurately Favre looked bad aginst our D and Losman did well against the Pakers putrid D

Im not annointing him a hall of famer, im just sick of the unrealistic and often untrue criticism. Overall we should be very pleased. Lets see what happens next week.

Novacane
08-06-2005, 08:06 AM
I was pleased.

X-Era
08-06-2005, 08:08 AM
I was pleased.
I agree completly. How quickly we forget the RJ years where he looked clueless made horrible throws and was like porcelain. Would we ever see RJ leading on a reverse?

I guess im ranting and it could be wrapped up in one statement. Losmans performance should be put in the context of what you would expect from a new starting QB. With those glasses on, he did very very well.

HHURRICANE
08-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Did we forget that GB's rookie QB might have been ours. He looked like crap!! My personal opinion is that JP is the real deal. I think he already looks better than Vick. Hell, he looked better than Favre. I was very impressed with the whole team after last night. I think Joe Burns might be done here. I really liked Lionel Gates size and speed!!

Jan Reimers
08-06-2005, 08:32 AM
I think JP played very, very well. He's only under the microscope because we're all so eager to watch his every move, knowing the season - and our future - depend to a large extent on his development.

mysticsoto
08-06-2005, 09:25 AM
I thought JP played well also. Did anyone happen to notice on the 1st play of the game - the reverse to Evans. JP was the lead blocker on that and he took off and Evans could not catch up to him. :shocked: Now that was cool!!!

OpIv37
08-06-2005, 09:53 AM
I think it's only fair that JP is under the microscope. He's a first year starter and if he makes mistakes, it could doom a team that is otherwise good enough for the playoffs. Plus, if we don't pick out his flaws now, how will we know when he shows improvement? That's the key- Losman will struggle early- it's his ability to learn and avoid repeating mistakes that will make him a great QB.

L.A. Playa
08-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I dont think after one very controlled game you can say he is gonna suck or be great but I saw enough to have me very excited for his prospects to be great, just remember anyone who wants tojump on him I watched John Elways first game and he turned out pretty good

X-Era
08-06-2005, 10:37 AM
I think it's only fair that JP is under the microscope. He's a first year starter and if he makes mistakes, it could doom a team that is otherwise good enough for the playoffs. Plus, if we don't pick out his flaws now, how will we know when he shows improvement? That's the key- Losman will struggle early- it's his ability to learn and avoid repeating mistakes that will make him a great QB.
Thats crap. Everyone forgets that Bledsoe was 1 game away from the playoffs last year. Bledsoe was mediocre at best, and pretty god awful at worst. All JP has to do is be just a bit better which is average and the team goes to the playoffs. If thats the level we need, based on last nights game, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I can name 3 throws and 2 scrambles that Bledsoe couldnt make. And Bledsoe most likely would have had the same number of mistakes.

Your making my point, the guy doesnt need to be Manning, he only has to be a touch better than Bledsoe.

X-Era
08-06-2005, 10:39 AM
I dont think after one very controlled game you can say he is gonna suck or be great but I saw enough to have me very excited for his prospects to be great, just remember anyone who wants tojump on him I watched John Elways first game and he turned out pretty good
Manning was 3 and 13 in year 1. JP's ahead of the curve in my estimation.

L.A. Playa
08-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Bottom Line I think Mularkey is the real deal as a coach and JP is the type of QB that fits his system perfectly and he will give JP things to do that will make him excel one of the reasons Peyton Manning and Daunte Culpepepr are as good as they are is they are in systems that make them excel JP would not flourish in a system made for Peyton nor would Peyton flourish in a system made for JP, JP is gonna win alot of games with the Buffalo Bills Bottom Line that is all that matters

The last buffalo fan
08-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Do you guys know, if there is gonna be a scrimagge repetition??

Drive 4 Five
08-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Bottom Line I think Mularkey is the real deal as a coach and JP is the type of QB that fits his system perfectly and he will give JP things to do that will make him excel one of the reasons Peyton Manning and Daunte Culpepepr are as good as they are is they are in systems that make them excel JP would not flourish in a system made for Peyton nor would Peyton flourish in a system made for JP, JP is gonna win alot of games with the Buffalo Bills Bottom Line that is all that matters

:up:

Damn straight Playa. Nothing but good things to come for the Buffalo Bills and their fans. This is going to be a team to be reckoned with.

ublinkwescore
08-06-2005, 12:24 PM
you mean will they air the scrimmage again?

they aired it again last night on the NFL Network.

The last buffalo fan
08-06-2005, 02:13 PM
you mean will they air the scrimmage again?

they aired it again last night on the NFL Network.

Yeah, sorry. Something about later today??

Dozerdog
08-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Green Bay's defense made Troy Woodbury look like Michael Vick