• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Yet More Criticism....

While NHL goes wild, Sabres stay put

Saturday, August 06, 2005

The NHL’s landscape has become a fantasy league as big names are signing with teams that usually wouldn’t have had a shot at them in the old financial picture.

One disturbing trend to area sports fans is the Sabres tradition of staying put, as management allowed Miro Satan and Alexei Zhitnik to sign elsewhere while receiving nothing in return.

But it may be wise in the long run.

Buffalo did ink Teppo Numminen, an underrated defenseman, who is an upgrade defensively over Zhitnik.

Although the team did miss an opportunity to grab one of the top defensive names in Scott Niedermayer, Adrian Aucoin or Adam Foote, trade options are possible.

If the Sabres are going to get their top-name guy, they can deal from a position of strength, with three starting-caliber goalies on the roster.

Contact Jack Karlis at karlisj@gnnewspaper.com.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: Yet More Criticism....

That looks more like praise than criticizm. I think they are wrong.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
      That looks more like praise than criticizm. I think they are wrong.
      I think they are cheap.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SkateZilla
        Although the team did miss an opportunity to grab one of the top defensive names in Scott Niedermayer, Adrian Aucoin or Adam Foote, trade options are possible.
        Trade options? What makes this guy think that since they've sat on their ass to this point, signing NOBODY worthy enough to trade, that they would trade for a high-priced player?

I was actually very excited about the upcoming season, almost as much as I am for the Bills... but since the Sabres appear to not give a ****, I could care less at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X