X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Jets/Law

Does Ty Law going to the Jets give NY the upper hand as the favorite to de-throne NE in the AFC-E - if there is a team who can beat NE in our division the addition of TL might have put GangGreen a step closer to being the top competitor in the East.

The strength of their DL, Vilma a year of experience in Herms system, and now a true lockdown Corner might be the X-Factor in slowing the Brady/Bellichik unstoppable machine which has ruled the East for the past half decade.

The Bills have the Defense to compete but alot of question marks on the Offensive line and at the QB position - plus the Bills seem to be a pass rush away from putting sufficient pressure on Brady to prevent him from finding creases in the secondary. The Jets have to be considered the top contender to dethrone the Pats in the East.

www.nydailynews.com/front/story/334882p-286092c.html

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Re: Jets/Law

We were tied for 3rd in sacks last year. Not sure how we are 1 pass rusher away from getting to Brady.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
      We were tied for 3rd in sacks last year. Not sure how we are 1 pass rusher away from getting to Brady.
      Lol, I know what a joke!
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Ask yourself one question "Who's the starting LDE for the Bills" and you'll probably see who that 1 player is, or another question might be "How many times did we get to Brady last year"

Piling up sacks against sub-par non-conference teams isn't very effective in winning the Division or getting this team into the Playoffs.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
          Lol, I know what a joke!
          Here's a riddle for you Sabre "When does 9-7 get you into the playoffs?" Answer "When you in the NFC"

Unfortunatly the Bills aren't in the NFC and last year didn't have a Pro Bowl caliber DE on the team.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

You don't know who's our starting LDE? Schobel has proven that he is a top DE. Adams has proven that he is a top DT. Kelsay and Edwards are going to prove how good they are this year. #s don't lie. I'm guessing you're going to ignore all the other teams that got sacks against bad teams right?
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

You don't know who's our starting LDE? Schobel has proven that he is a top DE. Adams has proven that he is a top DT. Kelsay and Edwards are going to prove how good they are this year. #s don't lie. I'm guessing you're going to ignore all the other teams that got sacks against bad teams right?
              Schobel was OK against non-divisional teams but against AFC-E opponents he was average at best.

Edwards in an unknown factor and Kelsay has been trying to prove that he belongs in the starting lineup for a couple of years but continues to get beaten out by Denny.

Obviously you dont know what quality DE play is and Adams role isn't to put pressure on the QB.. are you suggesting that our DL is as good as the Jets?

If Schobel was a top DE he would have at least got an honorable mention for the Pro-Bowl last year.. Schobel isn't even a top DE in our division much less the Conference.

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by juice
                Ask yourself one question "Who's the starting LDE for the Bills" and you'll probably see who that 1 player is, or another question might be "How many times did we get to Brady last year"

Piling up sacks against sub-par non-conference teams isn't very effective in winning the Division or getting this team into the Playoffs.
                Give Kelsay a chance this year. He really improved in the second half of the season, when he began to take more time from Denney. I think Denney was a bad draft pick.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Jets have questions about their right tackle spot, blocking tight end, and QB. Im not convinced Pennington is going to be 100% by opening weekend. I think the Jets are going to miss Becht more then they are willing to let on, Mckienze going to the giants gives them a hudge hole to fill on the line. Not to mention the loss of Ferguson at DT, and injury concerns at the safety postions. Law even if healthy, doesn't tip the power scale much at all.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

Honestly man after your last comments and I'm not trying to bring you down but I don't think you watch the Bills too often.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Honestly man after your last comments and I'm not trying to bring you down but I don't think you watch the Bills too often.
                      Watch the bills all the time, my point was every team has weakness. I just think the bills aren't any farther away then the Jets. I think New England has been knocked down a peg, with the cordinators being gone, and problems at linebacker.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Your not "Bringing me down" your the one who thinks that Schobel is a top DE in this League when in fact he's not even top 5 in the AFC-E.

Are you sure your not getting Schobels' play confused with some of the Easts' better DE such as J. Taylor or Ellis or Abraham not to mention he couldn't hold the jock strap of any of the DEs in NE.

In fact the weak point of the Bills defense is the lack of a CONSISTENT pass rush from the DE position.

Schobel got a fat contract last year and went on to have an average season at best, I disagree with you, Numbers do lie when you tend to be ineffective against Divisional opponents and lack CONSISTENCY.

Have you watched a Bills game as of late?

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Actually the Bills do lack a consistent pass rush. The only reason we were tied for 3rd last year in sacks was constant blitzing. The DE's had nothing to do with it. Now when you blitz Brady there are 2 problems, 1) they pick up blitzers well. 2) Brady will usually find the area that was exposed to to the blitz. If the Bills could get pressure on the QB from the DE spot more often we would have an unstoppable D. But then again you cant have a pro-bowler at every position, especially these days under the cap.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            Actually the Bills do lack a consistent pass rush. The only reason we were tied for 3rd last year in sacks was constant blitzing. The DE's had nothing to do with it. Now when you blitz Brady there are 2 problems, 1) they pick up blitzers well. 2) Brady will usually find the area that was exposed to to the blitz. If the Bills could get pressure on the QB from the DE spot more often we would have an unstoppable D. But then again you cant have a pro-bowler at every position, especially these days under the cap.
                            You're right.

A guy like Freeney would make the Bills' defense one of the best ever assembled but it's just too damn expensive. As it is, I think we have a good formula going. Our defense is doing its job. The only thing that will put the Bills at the elite level is an offense that can score at least 17 points a game. That's all they need. It means they start last season 3-1 instead of 0-4 and finish 12-4.

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Back on topic..

Since the Jets possess the solid pass rushing DEs that are needed in the AFC-E to get to Brady (that the Bills clearly lack), a solid group of LBers led by (ROY) Vilma, and now a true lockdown CB and leader in the secondary in Law, does that give their Defense the balance it needs to slow the Brady Bunch.

Law will bring knowledge that will help the Jets defense to gameplan against the Pats Offense and NY has enough firepower on the Offensive side of the ball to put up points against the Pats Defense that has lost some key players during the off-season.

Except our DEs lack of pass rushing I think the Bills match up with the Pats Offense well especially when the experience of LM and TV is factored in, but on Offense the Bills will need to get some solid play from the LT and LG positions to give JPL the time to deliver the ball, and between Gandy and Anderson protecting his blindside I just don't see that happening as of now and the way the O-Line looks and due to growing pains that JP will have to endure.

The Jets have balance on the Offensive side of the ball with Martin and Penny and have to be seen as the favorite to unseat the Pats in the East.. Law gives them the balance on the defensive side of the ball - they look to be the most complete team as of right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X