PDA

View Full Version : I'm watching this Falcons-Colts game and...

Canadian'eh!
08-06-2005, 06:40 PM
I liked Matt Schaub in round 3 for us last year until we made the deal for Losman. and I think he's gonna have a good career. It will have to be in a West-Coast style offense, because his arm is not great, but he really seems to be smart and accurate. he might be a better passer than Vick is already.

I think in a couple more years a team that is installing a WCO will make a trade for him and give him a starting shot.

DraftBoy
08-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Kid looked good last TC and continues to impress me. He's the real deal.

Michael82
08-07-2005, 08:56 AM
If Vick doesn't start turning into a quarterback, instead of a glorified, overrated scrambling runningback that can make some throws....

I could see the Falcons trading him in a few years. Schaub was a good pick, but he will probably never see the field while he's still there and that's a shame. Because he's better than Vick IMO.

Dozerdog
08-07-2005, 09:01 AM
If Vick doesn't start turning into a quarterback, instead of a glorified, overrated scrambling runningback that can make some throws....

I could see the Falcons trading him in a few years. Schaub was a good pick, but he will probably never see the field while he's still there and that's a shame. Because he's better than Vick IMO.I can't. He just signed a $100 million plus deal. Vick would have to melt down completely for that to happen.

By the time the Falcons could trade him- Schaub will be long gone (if he's any good)

Michael82
08-07-2005, 09:06 AM
I can't. He just signed a $100 million plus deal. Vick would have to melt down completely for that to happen.

By the time the Falcons could trade him- Schaub will be long gone (if he's any good)
Okay, then maybe they will trade Matt Schaub and it will be another trade like the Brett Favre one. It will come back to bite them in the ass. :snicker:

juice
08-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Vick fills seats and in ATL thats pretty much all that matters with the size of the stadium they have down there.

Vick can throw the ball 60 yds on the run, once they get him someone to throw the ball to besides Crumpler he'll be just fine.. TO would've been an option since it's nearly impossible to outthrow him going deep.

For all the talk of Vick being inaccurate he turned Crump into a Pro Bowler and the best TE in the game until Gates emerged last year.

If you put a Big RB behind Vick who can bowl over tacklers and has some breakaway ability along with a legit deep threat to go get the ball, they'll be a conference champion.

How can you turn the ability to run the ball the way Vick does into a negative, he's the Leagues best athlete with one of the NFLs' strongest arms plus he packs the house every night and sell tons of merchandise.. Vicks not leaving ATL anytime soon.

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Vick fills seats and in ATL thats pretty much all that matters with the size of the stadium they have down there.

Vick can throw the ball 60 yds on the run, once they get him someone to throw the ball to besides Crumpler he'll be just fine.. TO would've been an option since it's nearly impossible to outthrow him going deep.

For all the talk of Vick being inaccurate he turned Crump into a Pro Bowler and the best TE in the game until Gates emerged last year.

If you put a Big RB behind Vick who can bowl over tacklers and has some breakaway ability along with a legit deep threat to go get the ball, they'll be a conference champion.

How can you turn the ability to run the ball the way Vick does into a negative, he's the Leagues best athlete with one of the NFLs' strongest arms plus he packs the house every night and sell tons of merchandise.. Vicks not leaving ATL anytime soon.
:homer:

DraftBoy
08-07-2005, 01:03 PM
:homer:

How is that being a homer? Is Vick a top 5 NFL QB yet? No, not quite yet, but he is getting better, if his passing accuracy can get to about 60% this year, and if Roddy White or Micheal Jenkins emerges as a #1. #1 running attack in the leag ue last season, prolly will be #1 again, top 10 D. Falcons are a team on the rise, they are a WR short of being a consistent SB threat team.

im4bflo
08-07-2005, 01:08 PM
How is that being a homer? Is Vick a top 5 NFL QB yet? No, not quite yet, but he is getting better, if his passing accuracy can get to about 60% this year, and if Roddy White or Micheal Jenkins emerges as a #1. #1 running attack in the leag ue last season, prolly will be #1 again, top 10 D. Falcons are a team on the rise, they are a WR short of being a consistent SB threat team.
Vick OVERATED IMHO

Michael82
08-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Vick OVERATED IMHO
Agreed.

DraftBoy
08-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Vick OVERATED IMHO

Agreed.

Why?

Uncle Jesse
08-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I'd take over any QB we have had since Kelly right until this point, thats for sure.

Crisis
08-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I'd take over any QB we have had since Kelly right until this point, thats for sure.
Talk about stiff competition.

juice
08-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Why?Most of these guys calling Vick "Over-rated" and a "Glorified RB" seem a bit envious of the guys ability to make the game look soo easy, so what he's not a pure "Pocket Passer" he still has the Passing and Running ability that Bills fans can only hope JPL developes a few years down the line.

Anyone here that claims he wouldn't want to see Vick in a Bills Uni is a straight up :liar2: or just a fool in denial.

Vick may not be a top 5 QB yet but he is a top 10 QB as well as a top 10 RB.

Crisis
08-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't want Vick on this team.

Evans, Parrish, Moulds would be wasted talent.

Not to mention the fact the division we play in, I'm pretty sure all 3 teams could contain Vick.

juice
08-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't want Vick on this team.

Evans, Parrish, Moulds would be wasted talent.

Not to mention the fact the division we play in, I'm pretty sure all 3 teams could contain Vick.You must be Outta' ya Mind.. Vick with Willis in the backfield, Moulds, Evans and Parrish.. that squad would sweep the Pats and have a 1st rd by into the playoffs.

There's not a defense in the League that can contain Vick in ATL without a RB in the backfield or a deep threat to throw to.. what makes you think the AFC-E defenses could stop him with Illis lined up behind him.

That lineup would be the 1st team in History to have 2 1000 yd recievers along with 2 1000 yd RBs.

Are you kidding me?

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Vick had his best passing year with 2300 yards.... 2300. Everyone wants to blame his WR's and give him credit for Crumpler. Crumpler is a great TE who would be even better if it weren't for Vick.

I know Vick is fun to watch and has a huge arm. BUT... he is NOT a top Qb in the NFL yet. His skills as a PASSER (which is what QB's are supposed to do, in case some of you forgot) are VERY subpar. He was 26th in yards, 21st in QB rating with a very average 78 and threw only 14 TD's to go along with 12 picks. Vick is still a mid-50% completion guy because his accuracy is so bad.

If he couldn't run for 80 yards on a given play, we'd be talking about how big a bust he is right now.

How that makes him a GREAT QB is beyond me. Excuse me for thinking that a QB should be able to PASS.

DraftBoy
08-07-2005, 03:56 PM
You are completely allowed to think that a Qb should be able to pass, but dont discount what good he did in his passing like his cmp pct which was about 56%. Also being a good QB no longer means that you have to just be able to throw the ball alot. More and more in this league it means being able to beat teams with more than just your arm. The extra intangibles is what makes his a good QB. He is not a great QB yet, but if he gets his INT # down, his TD # up, and his cmp pct up. He will most likely be considered a great QB. The only thing accomplishment wise left for him to do is a Super Bowl apperance and win.

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 03:59 PM
You are completely allowed to think that a Qb should be able to pass, but dont discount what good he did in his passing like his cmp pct which was about 56%. Also being a good QB no longer means that you have to just be able to throw the ball alot. More and more in this league it means being able to beat teams with more than just your arm. The extra intangibles is what makes his a good QB. He is not a great QB yet, but if he gets his INT # down, his TD # up, and his cmp pct up. He will most likely be considered a great QB. The only thing accomplishment wise left for him to do is a Super Bowl apperance and win.
I fully admit he has special tools and is a blast to watch.

But a QB that can't pass is useless over the long haul. I am just sick of people acting as though he's one of the top 3-5 QB's in the NFL right now, because he simply is NOT.

The_Philster
08-07-2005, 04:02 PM
great athlete does not always equal great QB

juice
08-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Vick had his best passing year with 2300 yards.... 2300. Everyone wants to blame his WR's and give him credit for Crumpler. Crumpler is a great TE who would be even better if it weren't for Vick.

I know Vick is fun to watch and has a huge arm. BUT... he is NOT a top Qb in the NFL yet. His skills as a PASSER (which is what QB's are supposed to do, in case some of you forgot) are VERY subpar. He was 26th in yards, 21st in QB rating with a very average 78 and threw only 14 TD's to go along with 12 picks. Vick is still ma mid 50% completion guy because his accuracy is so bad.

If he couldn't run for 80 yards on a given play, we'd be talking about how big a bust he is right now.

How that makes him a GREAT QB is beyond me. Excuse me for thinking that a QB should be able to PASS.I'm sorry but I thought Vick made the playoffs in the recent years, without a deep threat, and without a dominate RB.

Being from Canada I thought you'd be able to appreciate a running style QB.. not to mention he has the strongest arm in the NFL.

Do you think the reason his passing stats are down is because he is constantly throwing on the run and has no deep threat?

Crump is good but I've watched him entire career and he's not Gonzalez, good but not Great, a Big target that has flourished in the Falcons' system being Vicks main Target. I'm a fan of Crumps', a friend of his brothers', and grew up about 5 minutes away from him, but coming outta Carolina he was seen as a Big TE that was a highly effective blocker.. not the Superstar athlete who was a lock to be a success in the League. He has benefited from Vicks' presense as much as Vick has benifited from having Crunp to dump the ball off to after avoiding rushers with his running ability.

juice
08-07-2005, 04:19 PM
great athlete does not always equal great QBAre you calling Vick another Doug Flutie? The difference is Vick is responsible for like 50% of the teams' offense and they constantly make the Playoffs while Vick makes the Pro Bowl.

And his only deep threat was a scrub named Peerless. Look for the Falcons to make the playoff again this year.. and Vick to be an All Pro now that he has a recieving option besides Crump.

I wish we had a QB that couldn't throw the ball but could get the Bills into the Playoffs.. Vick is redefining the QB position.

zone
08-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Everyone here complained how much they wanted a mobile QB.

This is a stupid topic, Vick wins games and causes nitemares for opposing defenses... period.

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry but I thought Vick made the playoffs in the recent years, without a deep threat, and without a dominate RB.

Being from Canada I thought you'd be able to appreciate a running style QB.. not to mention he has the strongest arm in the NFL.

Do you think the reason his passing stats are down is because he is constantly throwing on the run and has no deep threat?

Crump is good but I've watched him entire career and he's not Gonzalez, good but not Great, a Big target that has flourished in the Falcons' system being Vicks main Target. I'm a fan of Crumps', a friend of his brothers', and grew up about 5 minutes away from him, but coming outta Carolina he was seen as a Big TE that was a highly effective blocker.. not the Superstar athlete who was a lock to be a success in the League. He has benefited from Vicks' presense as much as Vick has benifited from having Crunp to dump the ball off to after avoiding rushers with his running ability.
Much like your Ruben Brown obsession, you aren't making sense.

Jeff George has a great arm. That means nothing if you can't get the ball there accurately.

PEERLESS PRICE IS A DEEP THREAT! that's how he got that contract to begin with.

Crumpler is good because he knows how to use his big frame to shield defenders from the ball and make space.

As for "throwing on the run".... this comment makes NO SENSE. Throwing on the run counts just as much in the stats as throwing from the pocket. It shouldn't matter. If he has to rollout to throw then go nuts, but the fact that he is god-awful throwing from the pocket is a big issue. but no matter where he throws the ball from he's still not elite.

You've bought the hype. Hell, he's a player i would pay to watch just for his athleticism. But he has NOT turned into a good passer yet, and is NOT an elite QB. If he threw a better ball the WR's would not be the excuse, they have some talent.

Crisis
08-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Last year he was sacked 46 times, threw 12 INTs and fumbled 16 times. That means that every game Vick was good for three sacks and two fumbles or interceptions. I know his line was terrible, but that doesn't totally excuse some bad decisions he makes.

Also, guys like Culpepper, McNabb, Steve McNair and Jeff Garcia have been outstanding scramblers during their careers. They all make a lot of plays moving around the pocket or tucking it in and running. But they also still throw for 4,000 yards and complete 60 percent of their passes.

http://www.docsports.com/micheal-vick.html

colin
08-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Everyone here complained how much they wanted a mobile QB.

This is a stupid topic, Vick wins games and causes nitemares for opposing defenses... period.

this is the important point not to be missed.

with vick in the game, teams just can't play normal D.

they have to have a spy, they have to stay in coverage longer, and they tend to play on their heels because if they over commit they get burned.

vick is volatile in his production, he will suck or make a dumb error on one drive, but just do things that no one else has ever been able to do in the nfl on another drive.

he isn't ideal as a player on your team (a lack of consistency, and i think he won't learn the game well enough before he gets a massive injury, i think he is too small) but there aren't many QBs who are. that said, he is the last guy in the NFL you want with the ball with 2 min to go and you up by 6.

hotlanta has a poor line, and a total lack of WR talent, but they are a terror to defend because of vick. he might pull a rabit out of his ass and go to the bowl, but it is tough to say.

if he played for baltimore it would be like a video game, he would make crazy plays and mistakes but the D would get him enough chances and he would eventually break the opponents back.

still, i can't shake the feeling he is gonna get hurt and never be the same again.

juice
08-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Much like your Ruben Brown obsession, you aren't making sense.

Jeff George has a great arm. That means nothing if you can't get the ball there accurately.

PEERLESS PRICE IS A DEEP THREAT! that's how he got that contract to begin with.

Crumpler is good because he knows how to use his big frame to shield defenders from the ball and make space.

As for "throwing on the run".... this comment makes NO SENSE. Throwing on the run counts just as much in the stats as throwing from the pocket. It shouldn't matter. If he has to rollout to throw then go nuts, but the fact that he is god-awful throwing from the pocket is a big issue. but no matter where he throws the ball from he's still not elite.

You've bought the hype. Hell, he's a player i would pay to watch just for his athleticism. But he has NOT turned into a good passer yet, and is NOT an elite QB. If he threw a better ball the WR's would not be the excuse, they have some talent.Did you say Jeff George HAS a great arm??

What has he done in the League and how can you even compare him to Vick.
You Canadians must have problems separating Fantasy Football from Professional Football.

I never said Vick had a great arm, I said Vick had one of the Leagues' strongest arms, can throw the ball 60 yds on the run and needs a Deep Threat to go and get the ball. If most of your passes are going to a TE then I dont think your gonna put up Huge stats, and percentages might tend to drop when your deep threat is a Bum named Peerless and you have to scramble around to allow that Bum to gain separation because he's never been a premier WR on a team in the NFL.

You say Peerless is a deep threat.. Maybe in the Canadien minor Leagues but in the NFL he'll never be a threat unless he has an Eric Moulds on the opposite side of the field drawing double coverage.

You said it yourself "Vicks a PLAYER" who people love to watch Play and leads his team to the Playoffs every year he's healthy.. A Superstar in this League who's team is on the rise because of the contribution of MV who's the best player on his team. I don't have to hype the guy.. A Baller is a Baller - Vick is one of the best FOOTBALL players in the NFL, a top 10 QB who goes to the Pro Bowl on a regular, and a Top 10 RB who is redefining the QB position.. if you dont think a QB is a Back then look up the definition in the NFL handbook.

There's not a limit to how much a Q-Back can run the ball in this League so why are you Hating on the Guy..because he goes to the Playoffs every year or because his team is the #1 rushing team in the League or because he's a perrenial Pro Bowler?

Crump is a top TE in this League because he's a big target and Vick uses him as his Primary option on a regular because Peerless is always lost in space being blanket covered by every average CB in the NFC.

Stick to the Canadian Rules football Bro.. maybe J. George will come up there in the Twilight of his carreer and break all of Fluties' records, who by the way was another CFL star who proved to be about average in the NFL.

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 07:45 PM
STFU juice... I bet I have forgotten more about the NFL than you'll ever know. Stop acting like I don't know what i'm talking about because I'm canadian. what a bull**** cop out. I've watched more hours of NFL than anyone I know.

Jeff George STILL has a STRONG ARM... my entire point was that that means NOTHING, dumbass. A great arm is only useful if you have the mental games as well. I also don't like Flutie, and I don't like the CFL. We're talking about the NFL here.

you whine about the lack of a deep threat, I tell you Peerless is a deep threat. Is ahe a #1 WR? no.... but he still has deep speed. If you said he needed a true #1 than I might have agreed with you, but in my "canadian" mind, a deep threat is not always a #1 WR... GET IT?

yes, it's quarterBACK, I am familiar with the term. But I dont' care how exciting it is, my point was never that Vick isn't fun to watch, it wasn't that he doesn'thave ability. But he has NOT proven himself a great PASSER.

They didn't make the playoffs on his ARM last year. The won based on running (VIck's and others) and defense in a VERY weak NFC.

You talk about Vick as though he's been winning super bowls. He's play 2 healthy seasons. Yes they amde the playoffs, but before they go any further he needs to get MUCH BETTER.

That's why you win the Homer award. You jump on a player and defend him beyond reason. I like Vick. But I can admit he needs to improve his passing GREATLY. All you can do is ride his jock and jump to his defense even in the face of FACTS, such as his passing stats.

He's not a top 5 QB until he learns to be a passer FIRST. that is what the QB does. THEN his legs will become an even greater asset. THEN he may become an ELITE QB.

juice
08-07-2005, 08:36 PM
STFU juice... I bet I have forgotten more about the NFL than you'll ever know. Stop acting like I don't know what i'm talking about because I'm canadian. what a bull**** cop out. I've watched more hours of NFL than anyone I know.

Jeff George STILL has a STRONG ARM... my entire point was that that means NOTHING, dumbass. A great arm is only useful if you have the mental games as well. I also don't like Flutie, and I don't like the CFL. We're talking about the NFL here.

you whine about the lack of a deep threat, I tell you Peerless is a deep threat. Is ahe a #1 WR? no.... but he still has deep speed. If you said he needed a true #1 than I might have agreed with you, but in my "canadian" mind, a deep threat is not always a #1 WR... GET IT?

yes, it's quarterBACK, I am familiar with the term. But I dont' care how exciting it is, my point was never that Vick isn't fun to watch, it wasn't that he doesn'thave ability. But he has NOT proven himself a great PASSER.

They didn't make the playoffs on his ARM last year. The won based on running (VIck's and others) and defense in a VERY weak NFC.

You talk about Vick as though he's been winning super bowls. He's play 2 healthy seasons. Yes they amde the playoffs, but before they go any further he needs to get MUCH BETTER.

That's why you win the Homer award. You jump on a player and defend him beyond reason. I like Vick. But I can admit he needs to improve his passing GREATLY. All you can do is ride his jock and jump to his defense even in the face of FACTS, such as his passing stats.

He's not a top 5 QB until he learns to be a passer FIRST. that is what the QB does. THEN his legs will become an even greater asset. THEN he may become an ELITE QB.Calm down Canada.. Speaking of riding Dicks, you sure are on Georgy-Boys kinda hard.. and it's not that I don't think you know football but there's a difference between the Minor Leagues up North of the boarder and the NFL.

I'm sure you've watched plenty of Football on TV but until you've actually played the game it will be hard for you to separate the Fantasy Game from the true Game of Football.

I don't know how you guys keep score up there or judge success on the football field but down here where we have Football played within outdoor stadiums on actual Turf we judge a good season by the team's effort and the squad as a whole making it to the post season like the Falcons over the past few years.

Also the individuals acheivments are secondary to the Team winning games, Fan support is important, and Pro Bowls mean a Helluva lot more than throwing for 4000 yds in a season.. So if Vick can pass for 150yds, run for 100 yds and the team can hold the opponent to less points, then it's seen as a good Team Effort and usually results in a Win for the Team.

When your at the next Stampede game see if the players are trying to promote the Team effort, but it's understandable if they are making an attempt to promote themselves first because in the CFL it's all about getting noticed by the Major League NFL teams and getting their big shot at true Professional Football.. Everyone has the dream of becoming the next Flutie but it only happens for a few premier players.

I wonder if Vick would be able to last in the CFL with his inability to make accurate throws.. maybe he'll give it a shot if things don't work out this year and he doesn't make the Pro Bowl, or the TEAM doesn't make the Playoffs and defeat Favre in Lambeau.

I wonder if Mike could stand playing in the Canadian Cold?? That's right you guys play in Domes on Astroturf dont you. Well there's always NFL-Europe as a last resort.. I hear that Vick is on the verge of losing his job and being shipped off to Arizona because the team is losing soo much money by not selling out the games. :mounty: Go Edmonton

The_Philster
08-07-2005, 08:39 PM
juice...drop the attacks...just because he lives in Canada doesn't mean he follows the CFL..anyone actually reading his posts sees he's talking about the NFL.if you're going to quote his posts, at least comment on them....which would require you read them first

juice
08-07-2005, 08:51 PM
juice...drop the attacks...just because he lives in Canada doesn't mean he follows the CFL..anyone actually reading his posts sees he's talking about the NFL.if you're going to quote his posts, at least comment on them....which would require you read them firstHey Phil who's attacking Who here? The Northerner took it to a personal level 1st.. or have you read his posts.. Besides why should I comment on a guy calling me a Homer, what's there to comment about?

This guy went outside th TOS before I did. He called me a Homer, and I called him Canadian.. at least I was accurate, I'm not even a Vick fan.. I just know a Player when I see one.. just like I know a Hater when I see one Posting.. Isn't that right Phil?

Your not going North on me are you Phil?

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Calm down Canada.. Speaking of riding Dicks, you sure are on Georgy-Boys kinda hard.. and it's not that I don't think you know football but there's a difference between the Minor Leagues up North of the boarder and the NFL.

I'm sure you've watched plenty of Football on TV but until you've actually played the game it will be hard for you to separate the Fantasy Game from the true Game of Football.

I don't know how you guys keep score up there or judge success on the football field but down here where we have Football played within outdoor stadiums on actual Turf we judge a good season by the team's effort and the squad as a whole making it to the post season like the Falcons over the past few years.

Also the individuals acheivments are secondary to the Team winning games, Fan support is important, and Pro Bowls mean a Helluva lot more than throwing for 4000 yds in a season.. So if Vick can pass for 150yds, run for 100 yds and the team can hold the opponent to less points, then it's seen as a good Team Effort and usually results in a Win for the Team.

When your at the next Stampede game see if the players are trying to promote the Team effort, but it's understandable if they are making an attempt to promote themselves first because in the CFL it's all about getting noticed by the Major League NFL teams and getting their big shot at true Professional Football.. Everyone has the dream of becoming the next Flutie but it only happens for a few premier players.

I wonder if Vick would be able to last in the CFL with his inability to make accurate throws.. maybe he'll give it a shot if things don't work out this year and he doesn't make the Pro Bowl, or the TEAM doesn't make the Playoffs and defeat Favre in Lambeau.

I wonder if Mike could stand playing in the Canadian Cold?? That's right you guys play in Domes on Astroturf dont you. Well there's always NFL-Europe as a last resort.. I hear that Vick is on the verge of losing his job and being shipped off to Arizona because the team is losing soo much money by not selling out the games. :mounty: Go Edmonton
As usual, you have no arguement so you resort to pettiness. I have said nothing about the CFL or Canada, but you choose to re-enforce the "Ignorant American" stereotype because you are wrong.

I said Geroge has a great arm... and he does. My point was that a great arm doesn't mean you are a good QB, as he obviously isn't. But apparently the comparison is too deep for you to comprehend.

Your point, other than I must not know anything because I'm Canadian, now that he's an elite QB because it's a team game? WRONG. when you talk about an elite PLAYER individual ability is at the forefront. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl on a great Ravens team, is he elite? Is Brady better than Manning?

But, since your wong, unreasonable and resorting to petty insults and stupidity, I'm nto bothing anymore.

The_Philster
08-07-2005, 08:56 PM
You didn't call him Canadian...you tried to discount his opinion on the NFL because he's Canadian...you quoted a long post of his where he countered your points on the most overrated QB in the league (like I said...a great athlete doesn't always equal a great QB..and Vick has yet to learn to be a really good QB) and in your post, you ignored every little thing he said..instead harping on the CFL which he didn't bring up
Your not going North on me are you Phil?:huh: :wtf: is that supposed to mean?

Typ0
08-07-2005, 09:03 PM
some of you guys are brutal arm-chair QBs. Vick is a tremendous talent...and he has not had enough passing options to be a great passer. Personally, I think it's amazing that he can rush for 100 yards in a game and that is a real difference maker. ***** all you want that he's a lower rated passer...like a lot in this thread have said give him a good RB and some better passing options that that offense is WAY above average. But the Falcons have also been spending on defense...

juice
08-07-2005, 09:33 PM
some of you guys are brutal arm-chair QBs. Vick is a tremendous talent...and he has not had enough passing options to be a great passer. Personally, I think it's amazing that he can rush for 100 yards in a game and that is a real difference maker. ***** all you want that he's a lower rated passer...like a lot in this thread have said give him a good RB and some better passing options that that offense is WAY above average. But the Falcons have also been spending on defense...Excellent point Typo..

These guys are arguing that a guy who goes to the Pro Bowl every year at the QB position isn't a good QB, and his contribution to the team effort isn't as valid because he not the Prototypical pocket passer.. Vick wins Ball games, fills stadiums at home and on the road, and his team goes to the Playoffs as a direct result of his super-human effort.

Vick is not only good for Falcons Football but the entire NFL as well.. I'm willing to bet that the Falcons game at the Ralph will sell-out as fast as a Inner-Division game. I cant wait for the highlights of TKO coming on an all out Blitz. It'll look like the Hulk goin' after The Flash.

bledslow
08-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Did you say Jeff George HAS a great arm??

What has he done in the League and how can you even compare him to Vick.
You Canadians must have problems separating Fantasy Football from Professional Football.

I never said Vick had a great arm, I said Vick had one of the Leagues' strongest arms, can throw the ball 60 yds on the run and needs a Deep Threat to go and get the ball. If most of your passes are going to a TE then I dont think your gonna put up Huge stats, and percentages might tend to drop when your deep threat is a Bum named Peerless and you have to scramble around to allow that Bum to gain separation because he's never been a premier WR on a team in the NFL.

You say Peerless is a deep threat.. Maybe in the Canadien minor Leagues but in the NFL he'll never be a threat unless he has an Eric Moulds on the opposite side of the field drawing double coverage.

You said it yourself "Vicks a PLAYER" who people love to watch Play and leads his team to the Playoffs every year he's healthy.. A Superstar in this League who's team is on the rise because of the contribution of MV who's the best player on his team. I don't have to hype the guy.. A Baller is a Baller - Vick is one of the best FOOTBALL players in the NFL, a top 10 QB who goes to the Pro Bowl on a regular, and a Top 10 RB who is redefining the QB position.. if you dont think a QB is a Back then look up the definition in the NFL handbook.

There's not a limit to how much a Q-Back can run the ball in this League so why are you Hating on the Guy..because he goes to the Playoffs every year or because his team is the #1 rushing team in the League or because he's a perrenial Pro Bowler?

Crump is a top TE in this League because he's a big target and Vick uses him as his Primary option on a regular because Peerless is always lost in space being blanket covered by every average CB in the NFC.

Stick to the Canadian Rules football Bro.. maybe J. George will come up there in the Twilight of his carreer and break all of Fluties' records, who by the way was another CFL star who proved to be about average in the NFL.

peerless is a deep threat.i dont care if he played with moulds or not.you still have to run your route and beat your man and make the catch. vick can throw deep,but cant throw deep and accurate,and vick does not know when to throw because of his lack of vision,lack of ability to read a defense and has TERRIBLE timing when it comes to this stuff(NUFF SAID). deep balls are NOT thrown the majority of pass plays anyways.you might see maybe 2-3 deep balls a game on average. there's a lot of teams out there without a truely great deep receiver but put up better passing numbers,because those qb's actually have qb skills.

he(vick) simply panics and does not stay in the pocket anywhere near long enough to let a play develope,and dont give me that bs and say,well his o-line breaks down so quickly that he has no choice but to run around like his a_s_s is on-fire.the man simply has no timing or sense of awareness in the pcket and passing game. if it was not for his legs,he would be working in a factory.

vick made the pro-bowl because of POPULARITY. vick does not make that falcons team go himself,that defense is pretty decent and there overall running game is not bad either.

and for the record,if atlanta was in the afce,they win 6 games and vick does not make it to the end of the season.

DraftBoy
08-08-2005, 01:40 AM
peerless is a deep threat.i dont care if he played with moulds or not.you still have to run your route and beat your man and make the catch. vick can throw deep,but cant throw deep and accurate,and vick does not know when to throw because of his lack of vision,lack of ability to read a defense and has TERRIBLE timing when it comes to this stuff(NUFF SAID). deep balls are NOT thrown the majority of pass plays anyways.you might see maybe 2-3 deep balls a game on average. there's a lot of teams out there without a truely great deep receiver but put up better passing numbers,because those qb's actually have qb skills.

he(vick) simply panics and does not stay in the pocket anywhere near long enough to let a play develope,and dont give me that bs and say,well his o-line breaks down so quickly that he has no choice but to run around like his a_s_s is on-fire.the man simply has no timing or sense of awareness in the pcket and passing game. if it was not for his legs,he would be working in a factory.

vick made the pro-bowl because of POPULARITY. vick does not make that falcons team go himself,that defense is pretty decent and there overall running game is not bad either.

and for the record,if atlanta was in the afce,they win 6 games and vick does not make it to the end of the season.

Im sorry but Ive got to question how many Falcon games you actually saw last season. To say that Vick runs bc of panic and not due to pocket collapsing is not only ridiculous but also inaccurate. I watched 15 of the 16 Falcons regular season games and every playoff game and I can tell you 90% of his roll outs were either designed or due to pressure. Now his reads were incorrect some of the time, but as for inaccurate down the field, I dont see it. He had the tendency to overthrow a receiver but he never consistently missed a WR over 30 yards down the field.

As for Canadian and Juice, the personal attacks need to stop. That goes to you both and yes I know who started it, and I also tend to agree more with Canadian on this one. Im a Vick fan and he needs to develop better passing skills in the pocket and then he could become elite. I think addition of Roddy White and development of Micheal Jenkins will only help that though imo.

BuffaloRanger
08-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Not liking Vick or thinking he is overated is backlash to the media constantly blowing Vick. Seriously, watch a game with Vick in it and the announcers just about fight each other to tell you how amazing he is.

He's a great player. But there are plenty of great players. I resent that the media feels it must constantly push him on me. That's what the media does though. They are frontrunners. They push Tiger Woods. I see how great he is - big deal - I will always cheer against him. They push Michelle "I haven't won a LPGA tourney, but I want to play in PGA events" Wie. She's a media darling even though other teenage girls have actually won major events. They push Danica Patrick.

Basically I hate anyone the media tells me I should like because they are so talented. (Except for Danica - because she posed in a bikini. Hehe.)

I like underdogs.

Sportsuser101
08-08-2005, 05:14 AM
Jeff George probably has the best arm in the last 20 years. He just couldn't get everything together. Just figured I'd point that out.