I'm watching this Falcons-Colts game and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

I'm watching this Falcons-Colts game and...

I liked Matt Schaub in round 3 for us last year until we made the deal for Losman. and I think he's gonna have a good career. It will have to be in a West-Coast style offense, because his arm is not great, but he really seems to be smart and accurate. he might be a better passer than Vick is already.

I think in a couple more years a team that is installing a WCO will make a trade for him and give him a starting shot.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'm watching this Falcons-Colts game and...

Kid looked good last TC and continues to impress me. He's the real deal.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

If Vick doesn't start turning into a quarterback, instead of a glorified, overrated scrambling runningback that can make some throws....

I could see the Falcons trading him in a few years. Schaub was a good pick, but he will probably never see the field while he's still there and that's a shame. Because he's better than Vick IMO.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
        If Vick doesn't start turning into a quarterback, instead of a glorified, overrated scrambling runningback that can make some throws....

I could see the Falcons trading him in a few years. Schaub was a good pick, but he will probably never see the field while he's still there and that's a shame. Because he's better than Vick IMO.
        I can't. He just signed a $100 million plus deal. Vick would have to melt down completely for that to happen.

By the time the Falcons could trade him- Schaub will be long gone (if he's any good)

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          I can't. He just signed a $100 million plus deal. Vick would have to melt down completely for that to happen.

By the time the Falcons could trade him- Schaub will be long gone (if he's any good)
          Okay, then maybe they will trade Matt Schaub and it will be another trade like the Brett Favre one. It will come back to bite them in the ass.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Vick fills seats and in ATL thats pretty much all that matters with the size of the stadium they have down there.

Vick can throw the ball 60 yds on the run, once they get him someone to throw the ball to besides Crumpler he'll be just fine.. TO would've been an option since it's nearly impossible to outthrow him going deep.

For all the talk of Vick being inaccurate he turned Crump into a Pro Bowler and the best TE in the game until Gates emerged last year.

If you put a Big RB behind Vick who can bowl over tacklers and has some breakaway ability along with a legit deep threat to go get the ball, they'll be a conference champion.

How can you turn the ability to run the ball the way Vick does into a negative, he's the Leagues best athlete with one of the NFLs' strongest arms plus he packs the house every night and sell tons of merchandise.. Vicks not leaving ATL anytime soon.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by juice
              Vick fills seats and in ATL thats pretty much all that matters with the size of the stadium they have down there.

Vick can throw the ball 60 yds on the run, once they get him someone to throw the ball to besides Crumpler he'll be just fine.. TO would've been an option since it's nearly impossible to outthrow him going deep.

For all the talk of Vick being inaccurate he turned Crump into a Pro Bowler and the best TE in the game until Gates emerged last year.

If you put a Big RB behind Vick who can bowl over tacklers and has some breakaway ability along with a legit deep threat to go get the ball, they'll be a conference champion.

How can you turn the ability to run the ball the way Vick does into a negative, he's the Leagues best athlete with one of the NFLs' strongest arms plus he packs the house every night and sell tons of merchandise.. Vicks not leaving ATL anytime soon.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

How is that being a homer? Is Vick a top 5 NFL QB yet? No, not quite yet, but he is getting better, if his passing accuracy can get to about 60% this year, and if Roddy White or Micheal Jenkins emerges as a #1. #1 running attack in the leag ue last season, prolly will be #1 again, top 10 D. Falcons are a team on the rise, they are a WR short of being a consistent SB threat team.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• im4bflo
                  the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  How is that being a homer? Is Vick a top 5 NFL QB yet? No, not quite yet, but he is getting better, if his passing accuracy can get to about 60% this year, and if Roddy White or Micheal Jenkins emerges as a #1. #1 running attack in the leag ue last season, prolly will be #1 again, top 10 D. Falcons are a team on the rise, they are a WR short of being a consistent SB threat team.
                  Vick OVERATED IMHO

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by im4bflo
                    Vick OVERATED IMHO
                    Agreed.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by im4bflo
                      Vick OVERATED IMHO
                      Originally posted by Mikey82
                      Agreed.

Why?
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                        • Sep 2004

I'd take over any QB we have had since Kelly right until this point, thats for sure.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LindellSucks
                          I'd take over any QB we have had since Kelly right until this point, thats for sure.
                          Talk about stiff competition.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Why?
                            Most of these guys calling Vick "Over-rated" and a "Glorified RB" seem a bit envious of the guys ability to make the game look soo easy, so what he's not a pure "Pocket Passer" he still has the Passing and Running ability that Bills fans can only hope JPL developes a few years down the line.

Anyone here that claims he wouldn't want to see Vick in a Bills Uni is a straight up :liar2: or just a fool in denial.

Vick may not be a top 5 QB yet but he is a top 10 QB as well as a top 10 RB.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

I don't want Vick on this team.

Evans, Parrish, Moulds would be wasted talent.

Not to mention the fact the division we play in, I'm pretty sure all 3 teams could contain Vick.
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X