PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard the Rumor

camelcowboy
08-06-2005, 07:20 PM
That the sabres have talking to Ziggy Palfy. I heard it on WGR this morning haven't been able to find it in print.

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2005, 07:21 PM
I think the Pens just signed him today.

But I hear Bob Corkum is still available.

camelcowboy
08-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I think the Pens just signed him today.

But I hear Bob Corkum is still available.Well i just checked all the espn, NHL sites, its not on there. I think it was the Pens, Sabres, Rangers in the running for him.

camelcowboy
08-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Crap, Just found it. Now im going to that rally im pissed.

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2005, 07:27 PM
I swear I saw it on ESPN's bottom line today.

camelcowboy
08-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I swear I saw it on ESPN's bottom line today.
Yeah, i found it. Sorry to doubt you, i was just excited at the thought the sabres have been associated in a rumor. Pretty sad lol

Don Cherry
08-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Zigmund Palffy is the latest free agent forward to land with a new NHL team, signing on with the Pittsburgh Penguins. It is a three-year contract worth $13.5 million US. Palffy is the third unrestricted free agent to sign with the Penguins this week, joining veteran defenceman Sergei Gonchar and forward Andre Roy. In 642 games with the New York Islanders and L.A. Kings, he has amassed 318 goals and 671 points.
FULL STORY... (http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=132646&hubName=main)

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Zigmund Palffy is the latest free agent forward to land with a new NHL team, signing on with the Pittsburgh Penguins. It is a three-year contract worth $13.5 million US. Palffy is the third unrestricted free agent to sign with the Penguins this week, joining veteran defenceman Sergei Gonchar and forward Andre Roy. In 642 games with the New York Islanders and L.A. Kings, he has amassed 318 goals and 671 points.
FULL STORY... (http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=132646&hubName=main)

I would like to hear from anyone saying the Sabres don't have the money. The Penguins were supposed to be in the worst financial shape of any team in the NHL, yet besides Lemieux, the get lucky and land Crosby and sign both Palffy AND Gonchar. I can't WAIT to hear about financial reasons for why we couldn't sign anyone from Regeir. He and Ruff should have been sacked years ago.

Turf
08-06-2005, 08:43 PM
I would like to hear from anyone saying the Sabres don't have the money. The Penguins were supposed to be in the worst financial shape of any team in the NHL, yet besides Lemieux, the get lucky and land Crosby and sign both Palffy AND Gonchar. I can't WAIT to hear about financial reasons for why we couldn't sign anyone from Regeir. He and Ruff should have been sacked years ago.

Agreed.
No more small market speeches.

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah, i found it. Sorry to doubt you, i was just excited at the thought the sabres have been associated in a rumor. Pretty sad lol

No problem man. I saw it earlier today but when you questioned, I didn't find it either.

SabreEleven
08-06-2005, 09:02 PM
I would like to hear from anyone saying the Sabres don't have the money. The Penguins were supposed to be in the worst financial shape of any team in the NHL, yet besides Lemieux, the get lucky and land Crosby and sign both Palffy AND Gonchar. I can't WAIT to hear about financial reasons for why we couldn't sign anyone from Regeir. He and Ruff should have been sacked years ago.Wait until next year. :rolleyes: We'll sign everybody then.

pyrrhonist
08-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Not that I'm trying to be a Darcy apologist (Not in the @$&*# least!), but Pittsburgh did come into the new CBA with only something like $9 million committed to salaries. That left a huge space to sign some people. I'm glad that they, unlike Buffalo, are trying to get themselves back into contention.

But hey---We've got some great talent in Rochester! :rolleyes:

JD
08-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Not that I'm trying to be a Darcy apologist (Not in the @$&*# least!), but Pittsburgh did come into the new CBA with only something like $9 million committed to salaries. That left a huge space to sign some people. I'm glad that they, unlike Buffalo, are trying to get themselves back into contention.

But hey---We've got some great talent in Rochester! :rolleyes:

Ya maybe next year!

:;: