PDA

View Full Version : Why the Bills will destroy ALL this year

SyraBillsLican
08-07-2005, 01:36 AM
I really, for the life of me, can't understand why the Jets are getting so much hype about their team more than the Bills. Given, they made the play-offs last year as a wild card (though wouldn't have if the Bills didn't lose the last game) and won in the first round (though wouldn't have if the kicker didn't miss that field goal), But they don't deserve all of this attention and the Jets fans, as usual, are out of thier minds if they think that the Jets have even a smidgen of hope of ever winning the division. Here is why the Bills are not only better than the Jets, but why they will go to their 5th Super Bowl, THIS YEAR.

I will make a comparison between the '00 Ravens and the '02 Bucaneers(stupid spelling), which i think the Bills are identical to.

First things first, the Bills Defense is better than both of these defenses. Not only were the Bills #2 in yards allowed, but they were #1 in turnovers and tied for #3 in sacks. the point total for the Defense takes into account that the Bills scored many many many more times than either of the 00 and 02 SB winners and therefore gave the opposing teams more chances to find a miniscule mistake that the Bills might make. Those who criticise the Bills D-line, i call into question whether these people understand that the Bills had a #2 pass defense in the league, and that's with the Bills "only being able to get sacks by blitzing", so obviously they can get the QB and defend the pass better than all but one, and that one defense's rank is so high probably because the opposing offense found it much easier to run and didn't try to pass. Bills' LB's are gods. nough said. WOW is what i say everytime i think of their DB's also.

The Bills have a much better special teams than either of those teams also. 5 and 9/10 returns for TDs (dont forget about fast freddy's return to the like 3 yard line) and Moorman's ability to destroy all.

Now on to the Bills "weak point" Offense. i will also point out that this was also the weak point on the other SB teams. However, the Running game is not to be considered so. the bills offensive line is a mauling one built for running while McGahee is at least as good as Lewis was and much better than whoever was running for TB. alsott and ?.

The passing game. im excited for this. JP Losman, when his running ability taken into account, is an equal match for Dilfer, and hes only in his second year. an o-line doesnt have to protect him so often when one realizes that half the time, they'll be run blocking and another quarter of the time, JP will be rolling out, play-actioning or screening to McGahee. The recieving corps for the Bills is 2000 times better than the ravens and bucs corps combined. MOULDS is still amazing while Evans will be sprinting after the ball rifled from losmans "rifle of an arm" as will parish while Reed finds an opening in the zone as the best #4 WR in the league and who i think will have a break out year this year. Campell is under-rated as a pass recieving TE. does anyone remember the 3 TD game in Seattle or that insane seam play of his? what else? Shelton is being praised as god for his run blocking abilities.

I believe i have stated my case quite well, don't you?

GO BILLS

YardRat
08-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Nice optimistic viewpoint, but I think the Super Bowl is a little out of reach, and in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets finish ahead of the Bills again this year in the division standings.

Some of my concerns...

1. JP Losman-he has yet to prove that he can play the QB position when the bullets are flying for real. If he falters, we have a very capable back-up in Holcomb, but how many losses will the team suffer (IF he plays poorly) before MM is willing to pull the switch and how will that affect the overall record?

2. The o-line is still suspect-Gandy isn't going to be a dominant LT, and injuries are already affecting the unit, although fortunately none of the starting five have been taken down yet. You can bet your last dollar, though, that at least one starter will go down for a significant period of time during the season.

3. Depth at RB-if McGahee gets hurt, I don't see a Kenneth Davis-type replacement on the roster at the moment. Maybe Lee or Williams will be able to step up, but that's not a given at this point.

4. Injuries in general-they are going to happen, and at what position and when will be a factor in the Bills final record. We don't have the luxury of the quality or quantity of talent at back-up positions that we enjoyed during the Super Bowl run.

Sportsuser101
08-07-2005, 07:03 AM
I have been very very impressed with Gates. I think he has a chance to be a very good backup. Heck from what I've seen we might not miss much as far as running the ball. Not sure how his pass protection is though.

Defensively I think we are as deep as any team football. Offensively besides RB and WR I think we are weak depth wise.