X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Is Peters doing well at LT?!

Just read the Buffalo News article and it implies that Peters is looking like the backup at LT. I have not read or heard one thing that even tells me that Peters can play this posiion well. Furthermore, he is still playing on special teams. I'm not so sure that I want my backup LT risking getting hurt on special teams. Look, I love Peters. I'd have him playing special teams and TE on special plays, he's a beast. But if he's our future at LT than I'd start having him focus there only. Any feedback would be great!
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is Peters doing well at LT?!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Just read the Buffalo News article and it implies that Peters is looking like the backup at LT. I have not read or heard one thing that even tells me that Peters can play this posiion well. Furthermore, he is still playing on special teams. I'm not so sure that I want my backup LT risking getting hurt on special teams. Look, I love Peters. I'd have him playing special teams and TE on special plays, he's a beast. But if he's our future at LT than I'd start having him focus there only. Any feedback would be great!
    That guy can be one of the better special teams playrers the Bills have had since the Tasker/Mark Pike days.

Don't know if you attend the home games in person- but if you do- on kickoffs watch Peters. Imagine a gunner weighing in at 300 plus pounds. He was a one man wrecking crew vs the Rams.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      He played that position at the scrimmage and did pretty well. A few sports reporters are saying that Peters is learned that position fast and could probably challenge for the starting job by midseason or later. I myself love having Peters as LT.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

A year ago he was the long-shot curiosity of Buffalo Bills training camp.

Today he is the Bills' secret weapon.

Jason Peters played in only five games for the Bills last season. Few NFL fans outside Buffalo even know his name. Yet he should be one of the most fearsome special teams players in the entire league this season.

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
          He played that position at the scrimmage and did pretty well. A few sports reporters are saying that Peters is learned that position fast and could probably challenge for the starting job by midseason or later. I myself love having Peters as LT.
          What about tackle eligible reciever too?
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

I watched him on every down (Tivo) and he is quick seemed to be in proper position and never let his player in the vincinity of our qb!! He also looked good in run blocking getting off the ball qick and engaging a LB down field. With all that said it was against the 2nd and 3rd string, but it is exciting! As for special teams more and more teams value getting and keeping the best players on the field it's risk verse reward I am sure we all cringe when the punt or kick lands in the hands of Nate!

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
              A year ago he was the long-shot curiosity of Buffalo Bills training camp.

Today he is the Bills' secret weapon.

Jason Peters played in only five games for the Bills last season. Few NFL fans outside Buffalo even know his name. Yet he should be one of the most fearsome special teams players in the entire league this season.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...07/1067515.asp
              Good Article!

It confirms what I've been saying also. Peters, though relatively new to the position, is already at a point where he can handle 2nd and 3rd stringers with ease. His next step is to move up to take on 1st stringers. The positive thing is that he is moving forward and learning despite some people's beliefs here that he is too dumb and will never be capable. He's going to prove alot of people wrong!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Peters is the Left tackle of the future. Just a question of how long. Gandy is looking ok, but he has a history of injuries, so peters may see starting action this year.

Comment

Working...
                X