PDA

View Full Version : FYI.... some of the rumors around montreal.

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I know this is OT for this forum, butI love to talk hockey.

There have been a few rumors I have heard out of Montreal, some good, some seem pretty far fetched.

The most popular one was reported on CKAC. Apparently, Montreal wants out on Theo for some reason. They were supposed to be talking to Florida about a deal that sent Theo and Michael Ryder to them for Luongo. As much as I think Luongo is the 2nd best Goalie in the NHL, I'm not sure that would be smart. Ryder was 2nd in rookie of the year voting, and Theo has a Hart/Vezina trophy year.

Selanne to montreal. Wants to play with Koivu.

LeClair back to Montreal. I think this is based on his history there. Can't really see it. (someone actually mentioned a Lindros/Leclair reunion in montreal.... RIIIGHT)

It's no secret Montreal is be bidding HARD on Lecavalier next year if he makes it to UFA. Apparently, as a RFA he wants to sign a 1 year deal at msot asn test the UFA waters next year (and see if Montreal can get him... he wants to go and they are dying for him), but there is also a lot of talk that TB might try to trade him now if they can't get him signed long term and montreal is interested. not sure how true that is, especially now that they have lost Bulin.

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Doesn't Montreal already have Jose Theodore? Why would they want Luongo?

JD
08-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Lindros has signed with Toronto

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Doesn't Montreal already have Jose Theodore? Why would they want Luongo?they are trading Theo for Luongo..... at least according to the rumor.

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Lindros has signed with Toronto
since when? link?

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2005, 12:58 PM
they are trading Theo for Luongo..... at least according to the rumor.

:rofl:

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Fluery. I was wondering when they got him.

Sabre Ally
08-07-2005, 01:04 PM
It's not OT as long as it's about hockey, eh!