PDA

View Full Version : 1050 ESPN Radio New York

MarvLevy
08-07-2005, 06:28 PM
This saturday, I was listening and they were doing a Jets-Giants special and one host Paul Dottino said the Jets had 4 easy wins against MIA & BUFF. I almost drove off the road. I called in and asked him to go position by position and of course he started with JP. I told him Dilfer won a SB with BALT with a good RB and EXC Def.

I later emailed him this....

Paul,

I called the Albany show Sat, Aug 6. about the comment you made about the jets having 4 easy wins against Miami & Buffalo. I asked you to do a position by position break down. You guys didn't have time so I'll do it now...

WR MOULDS, EVANS, PARRISH COLES, MCCAREINS, CHREBET
EDGE: BILLS
O-LINE BOTH TEAMS HAVE ISSUES
WE'LL SAY EVEN
QB JP LOSMAN PENNINGTON
EDGE: JETS, IF CHAD CAN COME BACK FROM INJURY..jp will be just as good i predict
TE JOLLEY CAMPBELL
EDGE: EVEN
RB: MCGAHEE MARTIN
EDGE: I SAY BILLS, I KNOW U SAY EVEN

CB CLEMENTS, MCGEE MICKENS, BARRETT
EDGE: BILLS haha
S MILLOY, VINCENT COLEMAN, CELESTIN(uh who?)
D-LINE SCHOBEL, ADAMS, EDWARDS, KELSEY
ELLIS, ROBERTSON, REED, ABRAHAM
EDGE: SLIGHTLY JETS

LB SPIKES, FLETCHER, POSEY VILMA, HOBSON, BARTON

P MOORMAN (best in the nfl) KNORR

K LINDELL NUGENT
EDGE: EVEN

JETS: 7-9
BILLS 10-6

DREW LOST 2-3 GAMES BY HIMSELF LAST YEAR. IF LOSMAN CAN BE STEADY AND DOESNT TRY AND WIN GAMES ON HIS OWN. HE WILL BE FINE.
I WILL EMAIL YOU WHEN MY BILLS SWEEP THE JETS..
WITH DREW, WE BEAT THE JETS( WHO WERE A BETTER TEAM LAST YR) AT THE RALPH AND NEARLY BEAT THEM IN THE SWAMPS(LATE BRIEN FG). U ARE MISTAKEN ABOUT MY BILLS PAUL.

REMEMBER MY NAME
BRIAN FROM PATERSON

His reply..........

Hello, Brian,

We always appreciate feedback at the station and we thank you for listening to our training camp special. Talk show are all about opinions -- and in truth -- all any of us can do is size up what we believe to be the facts and then draw a logical conclusion from them. Never in a million years did we expect so many angry Buffalo fans to call a Jets-Giants show.

In this case, my biggest issues with the Bills are a suspect O-line and an inexperienced QB (and - like some NFL folks - I am not high on his potential, anyway. But who really knows?). These two negatives would be more than enough to cripple a team -- I've seen it happen many, many times in more than 20 years of covering the NFL. Throw in the fact that the Bills haven't won anything of signifcance since 1999 (11 wins), meaning they don't get any benefit of the doubt in terms of winning intangibles.

As for the Jets, they've earned the benefit of the doubt in the intangibles column (I'm still not sure how Herman Edwards does it with three winning seasons in the past four) and I think they've got a very gutsy QB (even though he's coming off injury) who has proven he can win games and keep his composure in tight spots.

Although I respect your position-by-position breakdown, the position-by-position battle often isn't enough to win the game.

Please phone in during the season and we'll see how it turns out.

Paul

email him at paul@1050espnradio.com

Schobel94
08-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I hope he's watching when we embarass them next year, with Drew and without McGahee we almost and should have beaten them NY, and when they came to our house we embarassed them, for someone to say that ANY game is an easy win is a moron whose opinon should not be respected becuase he is a moron.

I would like to lick the tears off of his face when we stomp a hole in the Jets this year.

Sportsuser101
08-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Alot of talk show hosts seem to be suprised how powerful the Buffalo Bills fans are. You talk bad about them with complete ignorance and you will get plenty of responses. I remember emailing a writer from St Louis and he was amazed at how many Bills fans responded to his article. He said he didn't realize how many Bills fans there were.

camelcowboy
08-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Im sorry i think the Bills a better team then the Jets. I will give this guy props, at least he emailed you back with answer. Most wouldn't.

colin
08-07-2005, 07:22 PM
pennington is a one year wonder.

he just does not have the arm to do the damage and his body is so weak he gets hurt all the damn time.

the jets have a good but aging (and they lost some guys) line and a running back who while great over his career, does not have the game changing ability to make up for pennignton's noodle arm. to his credit chad is super super accurate in the red zone.

the jets are a good team top to bottom, but you could see against us last year that while they are a much better organized veteran group, they just did not match up talent wise to our bills. and with the youth and big guns we have around, i say that our talent will perform even better this year.

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Im sorry i think the Bills a better team then the Jets. I will give this guy props, at least he emailed you back with answer. Most wouldn't.
And he did explain where he was coming from logically. He may even be right. That's to be decided. Everyone has their right to an opinion and even though I disagree with him, if he is right about JP then he could be right about this.

I DO think he is wrong, but for another reason. I think he is forgetting how dominant out D and ST can be. That alone could get us a win vs the Jets, especially if you throw in McGahee.

Secondly, I don't like Pennington. I think he's overrated.

camelcowboy
08-07-2005, 08:35 PM
And he did explain where he was coming from logically. He may even be right. That's to be decided. Everyone has their right to an opinion and even though I disagree with him, if he is right about JP then he could be right about this.

I DO think he is wrong, but for another reason. I think he is forgetting how dominant out D and ST can be. That alone could get us a win vs the Jets, especially if you throw in McGahee.

Secondly, I don't like Pennington. I think he's overrated.
Chads injury is being overlooked, he is still limit to 80-100 throws a practice. His arm strenght is lacking to begin with. He is going to really struggle this year.

MarvLevy
08-07-2005, 09:01 PM
everyone should email this guy what they wrote here. show him that we come in swarms.
plus, email him WHEN we do stomp the jets. The Jets ARE LUCKY that the come to the Ralph so early in good weather conditions on Oct 16th. We will still handle them.
Email him and mention...Easy 2 wins vs Buffalo and maybe Brian from Paterson,NJ
Paul@1050espnradio.com
His is a big Giant guy. He has covered them for 20 years and he writes for a big jersey paper...the bergen record.

MarvLevy
08-07-2005, 09:04 PM
"Never in a million years did we expect so many angry Buffalo fans to call a Jets-Giants show."

Write theis guy and show him we are here to stay. These Jets writers and fans are pissing me OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dozerdog
08-07-2005, 09:04 PM
You know what? i want everyone to take the Bills lightly.

Low expectations might mean they overlook us...then WHAM!!!!

MarvLevy
08-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Whats funny is the call screener told me.."yea, I'm with you on that one. I couldn't believe he said that".

Throne Logic
08-08-2005, 12:04 AM
His analysis of Buffalo is fine. If you look at Buffalo from the outside you'll see pretty much what he stated. JP is unproven and the OL, in the eyes of the rest of the NFL, was poor last year and then they lost Jennings. Many outsiders see how our OL could be among the worst in the game. Fine. Let them all believe that. Makes it easier to take them by surprise, just as Dozer said. Hopefully, they will all be proven wrong.

That all said. I really don't see how they could call any other team in the AFC East, Miami included, an "easy win". Inter-division games in the AFC East are NEVER a given. These four teams have had too much history between each and every one of them. Every game is big.

BidsJr
08-08-2005, 06:14 AM
I would like to lick the tears off of his face when we stomp a hole in the Jets this year.

That is disgusting. :cry::tongue2:

Static
08-08-2005, 08:35 AM
when have afc east games ever been easy........he will be eating hose words this year.

MarvLevy
08-08-2005, 05:58 PM
I HOPE RICKY RUNS ALL OVER THE JETS THIS YEAR..IF I HAD 2 CHOOSE BEWTEEN THE JETS AND THE FISH..I'D TAKE THE FISH HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Brasky
08-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, when the Bills win at least one of the meetings this year we can all call them and rip on them.

At least you only have to deal with the radio programs... I get to hear about how great the Jets are going to be everyday at work. Some of them have a good grasp of generall football knowlege, but most of them are pretty ignorant and biased.

They fail to look outside the box and blurt **** out that really has no substance a lot of the time

MarvLevy
08-08-2005, 08:20 PM
TRUST ME..I WORK WITH MANY JET FANS ALSO....THEY WILL NOT ADMIT ANY PLAYER IS BETTER THAN A JET..NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN TY LAW IS THE BEST CB EVER..LAST WEEK IT WAS RAY MICKENS.

I CAN'T TAKE JET FANS..ESPECIALLY AT THE STADIUM.

ublinkwescore
08-08-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm on some other forums - I'm starting to hate packers fans too.

mysticsoto
08-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Well I emailed him and got my response. It's pretty much along the same as the poster MarvLevy got:

Alex,
Bills fans have come out in full force since our radio show on Saturday. I appreciate your interest in our program and your dedication to your team.

I was not a big fan of Losman when he was drafted so he's going to have to produce at the NFL level before I change my mind about him. Remember, it's VERY unusual for a QB to put up a winning record in his first year as a starter.
The other very important factor in my low opinion of the Bills is what I see as a suspect offensive line. I know Coach McNally very well from his days with the Giants and I am not a big fan of his finesse-based style of line play.

I'm sure you can understand how - given that I am not sold on the QB and O-line - that I don't see good things for this season.

Please keep listening and I hope you can get through to us on the phone this season.

Enjoy,
Paul Dottino
1050 ESPN Radio

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:32:03 -0400

>I've been meaning to write and let you know that I severely think you
>are out of touch with what is going on in Buffalo. People are looking
>and seeing a rookie QB and a suspect O-line and are thinking we are a
>mess. However, what you don't know is the preparation that JP Losman
>went through this past year. He may be a rookie, but he is a rookie who
>already knows Mularkey's playbook. He is a rookie who was here for
>several months working hard, while most players were off vacationing. I
>think the Jets will find Buffalo far from an easy win. Last year, we
>broke even, and that was with Drew Bledsoe who we felt limited the
>offense a great deal. I think you'll find that there are and will be
>less limitations this year.
>
>In any case, I sincerely hope to hear a comment or two from you when the
>Jets face Buffalo this year. I expect you will have to retract your
>words of us being an easy win and hopefully you will do so on air and
>vindicate us.
>
>Alex Soto
>"mysticsoto"

MarvLevy
08-09-2005, 03:32 PM
EXCELLENT JOB ALEX

PromoTheRobot
08-09-2005, 10:49 PM
I wrote this guy too...

Paul,

I can't listen to your show, living in New Hampshire, but one of your listeners posted an e-mail exchange he had with you regarding a comment you made about the Bills being an "easy" win.

While we are all entitled to our opinions, I think your reasoning is flawed. Being in NYC I certainly don't expect you to know every little thing about what is going on in Bills camp, but there is a danger in relying on the recycled opinions of the so-called pundits.
You seem to focus on JP Losman and the Bills' suspect O-line, while glossing over the Bills #2-rated defense and #1-rated special teams. You also conveniently forget to mention one Willis McGahee at RB. From my perspective, the Jets did nothing significant to improve themselves from last year, except for Ty Law. If you get the Law of 4 years ago that's significant. If he's damaged goods then what do you have?

Also, to suggest that the Bills not winning anything since 1999 has some bearing on 2005 is laughable. If you follow the NFL at all, you know how quickly fortunes can turn.

While starting Losman is a gamble, it's one worth taking. The Bills went 9-7 last year with awful Drew Bledsoe at QB. The Jets would not have made the playoffs if it weren't for Bledsoe laying an egg against the Steelers. All Losman has to do have fewer turnovers and sacks than Bledsoe and the position is upgraded. I have been closely watching JP Losman in camp and he has been impressive. He will have no problem improving on his predecessor. And while there are question marks on the O-line, the Bills have the benefit of one of the finest position coaches, former Giant coach, Jim McNally.

McGahee looks to be back to 100%. Perhaps you saw him pancake the Green Bay defender with a devastating stiff arm in the recent scrimmage televised on NFL Network?
Being a Bills fan means constantly having to deal with the disrespect of the national media. That's just fine for us. In fact we all hope the Jets players share your opinion of the Bills. It will be that much sweeter when they limp back to Meadowlands, with Herm Edwards mumbling something about needing to execute better.

Either way, this should be one of the more interesting seasons for the AFC East in some time.

Sincerely,
Harry

This guy is so busy, he's reduced to answering with a form e-mail. So responded...

Okay Paul,

Just one more point from me...Most 1st year QB's are thrown into bad situations, where more than the O-line needs help. The Bills, in my opinion, are solid in many more positions than they are weak in. You raise 2 weakness, I can raise 4 strengths: special teams, overall defense, running back, and wide receivers. Losman will not have to carry this team. He has a strong supporting cast.

By the way...there are rumours that the Bills are trading with Philly for DT Corey Simon. So far it's just a rumour in a Trenton newspaper, but an interesting concept.

Here's to an exciting season.

Harry

PTR

MarvLevy
08-09-2005, 11:24 PM
harry, did he get back to you yet?

MarvLevy
08-10-2005, 05:38 PM

TigerJ
08-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I agree with Dozer. I rather like being discounted. It's more fun to sneak up on teams and then ambush them. It's more fun after the fact (and Buffalo dominance) to go back and say, "I knew all along we were better."

Mad Bomber
08-10-2005, 08:06 PM
I hope he's watching when we embarass them next year, with Drew and without McGahee we almost and should have beaten them NY, and when they came to our house we embarassed them, for someone to say that ANY game is an easy win is a moron whose opinon should not be respected becuase he is a moron.

You tell 'em bro!

Nice post. :posrep:

PromoTheRobot
08-11-2005, 01:52 AM
Yes...it was the same "form" letter you got. i guess he's buried by e-mails from Bills fans.

PTR