• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarvLevy
    Can I get some power to give REP?
    • Jul 2005

1050 ESPN Radio New York

This saturday, I was listening and they were doing a Jets-Giants special and one host Paul Dottino said the Jets had 4 easy wins against MIA & BUFF. I almost drove off the road. I called in and asked him to go position by position and of course he started with JP. I told him Dilfer won a SB with BALT with a good RB and EXC Def.

I later emailed him this....

Paul,

I called the Albany show Sat, Aug 6. about the comment you made about the jets having 4 easy wins against Miami & Buffalo. I asked you to do a position by position break down. You guys didn't have time so I'll do it now...

WR MOULDS, EVANS, PARRISH COLES, MCCAREINS, CHREBET
    EDGE: BILLS
    O-LINE BOTH TEAMS HAVE ISSUES
    WE'LL SAY EVEN
    QB JP LOSMAN PENNINGTON
    EDGE: JETS, IF CHAD CAN COME BACK FROM INJURY..jp will be just as good i predict
    TE JOLLEY CAMPBELL
    EDGE: EVEN
    RB: MCGAHEE MARTIN
    EDGE: I SAY BILLS, I KNOW U SAY EVEN

CB CLEMENTS, MCGEE MICKENS, BARRETT
    EDGE: BILLS haha
    S MILLOY, VINCENT COLEMAN, CELESTIN(uh who?)
    D-LINE SCHOBEL, ADAMS, EDWARDS, KELSEY
    ELLIS, ROBERTSON, REED, ABRAHAM
    EDGE: SLIGHTLY JETS

LB SPIKES, FLETCHER, POSEY VILMA, HOBSON, BARTON

P MOORMAN (best in the nfl) KNORR

K LINDELL NUGENT
    EDGE: EVEN

JETS: 7-9
    BILLS 10-6

DREW LOST 2-3 GAMES BY HIMSELF LAST YEAR. IF LOSMAN CAN BE STEADY AND DOESNT TRY AND WIN GAMES ON HIS OWN. HE WILL BE FINE.
    I WILL EMAIL YOU WHEN MY BILLS SWEEP THE JETS..
    WITH DREW, WE BEAT THE JETS( WHO WERE A BETTER TEAM LAST YR) AT THE RALPH AND NEARLY BEAT THEM IN THE SWAMPS(LATE BRIEN FG). U ARE MISTAKEN ABOUT MY BILLS PAUL.

REMEMBER MY NAME
    BRIAN FROM PATERSON

His reply..........

Hello, Brian,

We always appreciate feedback at the station and we thank you for listening to our training camp special. Talk show are all about opinions -- and in truth -- all any of us can do is size up what we believe to be the facts and then draw a logical conclusion from them. Never in a million years did we expect so many angry Buffalo fans to call a Jets-Giants show.

In this case, my biggest issues with the Bills are a suspect O-line and an inexperienced QB (and - like some NFL folks - I am not high on his potential, anyway. But who really knows?). These two negatives would be more than enough to cripple a team -- I've seen it happen many, many times in more than 20 years of covering the NFL. Throw in the fact that the Bills haven't won anything of signifcance since 1999 (11 wins), meaning they don't get any benefit of the doubt in terms of winning intangibles.

As for the Jets, they've earned the benefit of the doubt in the intangibles column (I'm still not sure how Herman Edwards does it with three winning seasons in the past four) and I think they've got a very gutsy QB (even though he's coming off injury) who has proven he can win games and keep his composure in tight spots.

Although I respect your position-by-position breakdown, the position-by-position battle often isn't enough to win the game.

Please phone in during the season and we'll see how it turns out.

Paul

email him at paul@1050espnradio.com
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

Re: 1050 ESPN Radio New York

I hope he's watching when we embarass them next year, with Drew and without McGahee we almost and should have beaten them NY, and when they came to our house we embarassed them, for someone to say that ANY game is an easy win is a moron whose opinon should not be respected becuase he is a moron.

I would like to lick the tears off of his face when we stomp a hole in the Jets this year.
    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
      • Feb 2005

Alot of talk show hosts seem to be suprised how powerful the Buffalo Bills fans are. You talk bad about them with complete ignorance and you will get plenty of responses. I remember emailing a writer from St Louis and he was amazed at how many Bills fans responded to his article. He said he didn't realize how many Bills fans there were.
      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Im sorry i think the Bills a better team then the Jets. I will give this guy props, at least he emailed you back with answer. Most wouldn't.

Comment

• colin
          Drew's my hero!
          • Jul 2002

pennington is a one year wonder.

he just does not have the arm to do the damage and his body is so weak he gets hurt all the damn time.

the jets have a good but aging (and they lost some guys) line and a running back who while great over his career, does not have the game changing ability to make up for pennignton's noodle arm. to his credit chad is super super accurate in the red zone.

the jets are a good team top to bottom, but you could see against us last year that while they are a much better organized veteran group, they just did not match up talent wise to our bills. and with the youth and big guns we have around, i say that our talent will perform even better this year.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
            Im sorry i think the Bills a better team then the Jets. I will give this guy props, at least he emailed you back with answer. Most wouldn't.
            And he did explain where he was coming from logically. He may even be right. That's to be decided. Everyone has their right to an opinion and even though I disagree with him, if he is right about JP then he could be right about this.

I DO think he is wrong, but for another reason. I think he is forgetting how dominant out D and ST can be. That alone could get us a win vs the Jets, especially if you throw in McGahee.

Secondly, I don't like Pennington. I think he's overrated.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
              And he did explain where he was coming from logically. He may even be right. That's to be decided. Everyone has their right to an opinion and even though I disagree with him, if he is right about JP then he could be right about this.

I DO think he is wrong, but for another reason. I think he is forgetting how dominant out D and ST can be. That alone could get us a win vs the Jets, especially if you throw in McGahee.

Secondly, I don't like Pennington. I think he's overrated.
              Chads injury is being overlooked, he is still limit to 80-100 throws a practice. His arm strenght is lacking to begin with. He is going to really struggle this year.

Comment

• MarvLevy
                • Jul 2005

everyone should email this guy what they wrote here. show him that we come in swarms.
                plus, email him WHEN we do stomp the jets. The Jets ARE LUCKY that the come to the Ralph so early in good weather conditions on Oct 16th. We will still handle them.
                Email him and mention...Easy 2 wins vs Buffalo and maybe Brian from Paterson,NJ
                Paul@1050espnradio.com
                His is a big Giant guy. He has covered them for 20 years and he writes for a big jersey paper...the bergen record.

Comment

• MarvLevy
                  • Jul 2005

"Never in a million years did we expect so many angry Buffalo fans to call a Jets-Giants show."

Write theis guy and show him we are here to stay. These Jets writers and fans are pissing me OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

You know what? i want everyone to take the Bills lightly.

Low expectations might mean they overlook us...then WHAM!!!!

Comment

• MarvLevy
                      • Jul 2005

Whats funny is the call screener told me.."yea, I'm with you on that one. I couldn't believe he said that".

Comment

• Throne Logic
                        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                        • Aug 2002

His analysis of Buffalo is fine. If you look at Buffalo from the outside you'll see pretty much what he stated. JP is unproven and the OL, in the eyes of the rest of the NFL, was poor last year and then they lost Jennings. Many outsiders see how our OL could be among the worst in the game. Fine. Let them all believe that. Makes it easier to take them by surprise, just as Dozer said. Hopefully, they will all be proven wrong.

That all said. I really don't see how they could call any other team in the AFC East, Miami included, an "easy win". Inter-division games in the AFC East are NEVER a given. These four teams have had too much history between each and every one of them. Every game is big.
                        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• BidsJr
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Schobel94
                          I would like to lick the tears off of his face when we stomp a hole in the Jets this year.

That is disgusting.
                          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Static
                            The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                            • Jul 2005

when have afc east games ever been easy........he will be eating hose words this year.

Comment

• MarvLevy
                              • Jul 2005

I HOPE RICKY RUNS ALL OVER THE JETS THIS YEAR..IF I HAD 2 CHOOSE BEWTEEN THE JETS AND THE FISH..I'D TAKE THE FISH HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X