PDA

View Full Version : Another area where Losman (based on the scrimmage anyways)

ublinkwescore
08-08-2005, 01:45 AM
is better then bledsoe...

Last year, Bledsoe got sacked a lot (and fumbled a lot and threw more INTs then I cared to see) and in the process contributed in a major way to negative plays for us.

Even if Losman plays the way he did in that scrimmage when the bullets really fly - he's better then Bledsoe because I only saw him get sacked once and didn't commit any turnovers. My point is with Losman at the helm, we should see a lot fewer 3rd and 7s, 8s and 9s which should translate into longer drives for us and more time of possession (and ultimately wins). It appears to me that Wyche, Clements and Mularkey are making progress with him, and I already can't wait to see how much more Losman has grown when the regular season get's here.

ublinkwescore
08-08-2005, 01:52 AM
not to mention our Oline stepping up will really help him to feel comfortable. That will reassure a lot of his self confidence in the process if he's got more time then he needs on some plays, he could make some Roethlisberger type noise this year.

colin
08-08-2005, 08:11 AM
drew had 42 turnovers in 36 games for us. you can forgive some because of the line play and the loss of weapons in 03, but the bottom line is at the end of 04 he was still making too many bad plays. he is just not a fit for our O.

while losman will turn the ball over too much, and make some dumb mistakes, he also adds a mobile dimension and throwing on the run.

it just shows how friggin good our D and special teams are, if we can run all year and losman can play at or near the level bledsoe played last year throwing the ball we have a very strong.

Tatonka
08-08-2005, 09:04 AM
the sack that they had on losman would not have been a sack either.. losman was rolling out and the defender got his hand on his shoulder, but losman ran out of it.. the ref had already blown the whistle.. losman looked disgusted as he flipped the ball to the ref and shook his head.

ryjam282
08-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah, that sack would have never happened. He was definitely rolling away and would not have been caught.

ublinkwescore
08-08-2005, 10:44 AM
drew had 42 turnovers in 36 games for us. you can forgive some because of the line play and the loss of weapons in 03, but the bottom line is at the end of 04 he was still making too many bad plays. he is just not a fit for our O.

while losman will turn the ball over too much, and make some dumb mistakes, he also adds a mobile dimension and throwing on the run.

it just shows how friggin good our D and special teams are, if we can run all year and losman can play at or near the level bledsoe played last year throwing the ball we have a very strong.

Based on what I saw, I don't think Losman will turn the ball over too much - I'll guarantee you he'll have fewer than Bledsoe did last year (fumbles included).