• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Who is that 4th QB?

That guy looks like a beast. He has a big gun.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Who is that 4th QB?

Troy Woodbury. Has bounced around the NFL, NFL-E, and looks like he's headed to arena football next

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Practice squad?

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        Troy Woodbury. Has bounced around the NFL, NFL-E, and looks like he's headed to arena football next
        Agreed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Actually, it's Tory Woodbury. When you're a guy with a first name like mine, you get sensitive to gender bending names.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            It's Tory Woodbury and he'll probably be headed to the practice squad or be cut. He hasn't done much in camp.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
              It's Tory Woodbury and he'll probably be headed to the practice squad or be cut. He hasn't done much in camp.
              When you're the 4th, it's hard to do anything in camp..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                When you're the 4th, it's hard to do anything in camp..
                What's even worse is the 5th stringer. He isn't even getting ANY practice time. I feel bad for him. He was in NFL Europe and then came to camp. Kevin Thompson.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

After seeing him against Green Bay, I'd rather have him than Shane "oh-no-please-don't-throw-the-ball" Matthews. Woodbury looks like a poor man's Vick, and it's not becuase he's black either.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    After seeing him against Green Bay, I'd rather have him than Shane "oh-no-please-don't-throw-the-ball" Matthews. Woodbury looks like a poor man's Vick, and it's not becuase he's black either.
                    I agree, the guy has a rocket arm, surprised me, and he can run as well as JP..it's too bad he's the 4th, in reality, he should be your developmental guy as the 3rd..Matthews is finished imho.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

I agree, the guy has a rocket arm, surprised me, and he can run as well as JP..it's too bad he's the 4th, in reality, he should be your developmental guy as the 3rd..Matthews is finished imho.
                      Wow! That's one of the first posts that I've seen from you in which I agree with you.

Nice job, man.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

I agree too, although I won't mind if they PS him for this year and then next year, allow Matthews to retire like he's been contemplating and move Tory to 3rd. It works out to about the same, IMO.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Aug 2004

I don't believe that Tory Woodbury can be put on the PS. If I'm not mistaken, he has already spent part of two seasons on the PS--I believe he was on the Jets' PS before he made the active roster last year.

While I can't see how he would make the Bills' roster this season, he is a versatile player who, I believe, has more career receptions than completions and was a pretty decent special teams guy for the Jets last season.
                          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                            I don't believe that Tory Woodbury can be put on the PS. If I'm not mistaken, he has already spent part of two seasons on the PS--I believe he was on the Jets' PS before he made the active roster last year.

While I can't see how he would make the Bills' roster this season, he is a versatile player who, I believe, has more career receptions than completions and was a pretty decent special teams guy for the Jets last season.
                            Oh, that's too bad. Then the Bills need to seriously evaluate where he stands compared to Matthews. It is clear that Matthews was a short term solution that worked well, but with Holcomb here...is he really necessary anymore? A project QB might be better suited to train and develop rather than retaining more seniority and experience.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

I like guys who are versatile. A Jim Jensen type for all of you old timers.

Comment

Working...
                              X