PDA

View Full Version : Who is that 4th QB?

Earthquake Enyart
08-08-2005, 07:55 AM
That guy looks like a beast. He has a big gun.

Dozerdog
08-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Troy Woodbury. Has bounced around the NFL, NFL-E, and looks like he's headed to arena football next

Earthquake Enyart
08-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Practice squad?

The Spaz
08-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Troy Woodbury. Has bounced around the NFL, NFL-E, and looks like he's headed to arena football next

Agreed.:up:

Jan Reimers
08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Actually, it's Tory Woodbury. When you're a guy with a first name like mine, you get sensitive to gender bending names.

Michael82
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
It's Tory Woodbury and he'll probably be headed to the practice squad or be cut. He hasn't done much in camp.

MDFINFAN
08-08-2005, 12:53 PM
It's Tory Woodbury and he'll probably be headed to the practice squad or be cut. He hasn't done much in camp.

When you're the 4th, it's hard to do anything in camp..

Michael82
08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
When you're the 4th, it's hard to do anything in camp..
What's even worse is the 5th stringer. He isn't even getting ANY practice time. I feel bad for him. He was in NFL Europe and then came to camp. Kevin Thompson.

Mr. Miyagi
08-08-2005, 01:00 PM
After seeing him against Green Bay, I'd rather have him than Shane "oh-no-please-don't-throw-the-ball" Matthews. Woodbury looks like a poor man's Vick, and it's not becuase he's black either.

MDFINFAN
08-08-2005, 01:03 PM
After seeing him against Green Bay, I'd rather have him than Shane "oh-no-please-don't-throw-the-ball" Matthews. Woodbury looks like a poor man's Vick, and it's not becuase he's black either.

I agree, the guy has a rocket arm, surprised me, and he can run as well as JP..it's too bad he's the 4th, in reality, he should be your developmental guy as the 3rd..Matthews is finished imho.

Michael82
08-08-2005, 01:11 PM
I agree, the guy has a rocket arm, surprised me, and he can run as well as JP..it's too bad he's the 4th, in reality, he should be your developmental guy as the 3rd..Matthews is finished imho.
Wow! That's one of the first posts that I've seen from you in which I agree with you. :shocked:

Nice job, man. :up:

mysticsoto
08-08-2005, 02:14 PM
I agree too, although I won't mind if they PS him for this year and then next year, allow Matthews to retire like he's been contemplating and move Tory to 3rd. It works out to about the same, IMO.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-08-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't believe that Tory Woodbury can be put on the PS. If I'm not mistaken, he has already spent part of two seasons on the PS--I believe he was on the Jets' PS before he made the active roster last year.

While I can't see how he would make the Bills' roster this season, he is a versatile player who, I believe, has more career receptions than completions and was a pretty decent special teams guy for the Jets last season.

mysticsoto
08-08-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't believe that Tory Woodbury can be put on the PS. If I'm not mistaken, he has already spent part of two seasons on the PS--I believe he was on the Jets' PS before he made the active roster last year.

While I can't see how he would make the Bills' roster this season, he is a versatile player who, I believe, has more career receptions than completions and was a pretty decent special teams guy for the Jets last season.

Oh, that's too bad. Then the Bills need to seriously evaluate where he stands compared to Matthews. It is clear that Matthews was a short term solution that worked well, but with Holcomb here...is he really necessary anymore? A project QB might be better suited to train and develop rather than retaining more seniority and experience.

chernobylwraiths
08-08-2005, 02:52 PM
I like guys who are versatile. A Jim Jensen type for all of you old timers.

chernobylwraiths
08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Oh, that's too bad. Then the Bills need to seriously evaluate where he stands compared to Matthews. It is clear that Matthews was a short term solution that worked well, but with Holcomb here...is he really necessary anymore? A project QB might be better suited to train and develop rather than retaining more seniority and experience.

I think we don't need Matthews and he would drift into retirement and could probably be picked back up in the unlikely event of injuries.

L.A. Playa
08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
I think he makes the team over Shane Matthews especially if Holcombe appears to have grasp on offense, which it appears he does then Woodbury is your slash of this offense

chernobylwraiths
08-08-2005, 02:54 PM
I think he makes the team over Shane Matthews especially if Holcombe appears to have grasp on offense, which it appears he does then Woodbury is your slash of this offense

:up:

Uncle Jesse
08-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Its time for the end of the "Shane Matthews Band". We should keep Woodbury on as our #3, we have Holcomb too, for a vet, so I think were all set, he might be a guy we could really develop into a real starter or even use him as trade bait.

mysticsoto
08-08-2005, 03:19 PM
I think we don't need Matthews and he would drift into retirement and could probably be picked back up in the unlikely event of injuries.
Excellent point. It's not like anybody is likely to pick up Matthews if we cut him...

EDS
08-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Matthews supposedly works well with Losman, giving him pointers and such. I would keep him around just for that.

L.A. Playa
08-08-2005, 03:32 PM
put Matthews on IR for an "injury" that will keep him around

pleasesavedrew
08-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Woodbury is a real intersting guy. He can play wideout and specials if needed. I would like to keep if theres room. Maybe practice squad. He looked really good in the scrimmage.

Ferrygoat
08-08-2005, 03:50 PM
The Bills have Woodbury returning kicks and covering them as well. He one hell of an athlete and it looks like the bills are looking for a reason to keep this guy around even if its not at QB.

eee1776
08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Cut Shane MathewsPut the exptra money into the Corey Simon pot. I agree I think this kid has a future and he fits into the style of quarterback we are looking for.

Earthquake Enyart
08-09-2005, 06:20 AM
Well, he looked good, but I'd be careful.

With JP, Holcombe, and our OL, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that our 3rd QB may actually have to play this year.

Mr. Miyagi
08-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Ala Jeff George

mysticsoto
08-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Matthews supposedly works well with Losman, giving him pointers and such. I would keep him around just for that.
Then hire him as an assistant QB coach instead of having him taking up a roster spot that could be used toward a project development.

vicmantak
08-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Woodbury is a real intersting guy. He can play wideout and specials if needed. I would like to keep if theres room. Maybe practice squad. He looked really good in the scrimmage.
Completely agree and there are other factors to consider too:

1. Mike Mularkey: He is a master on tricky plays and if Moulds was throwing the ball... Woodbury is potentially a deep threat...

2. Tyke Tolbert: If he converted a former QB to an elite WR... IMO he could do it again...

mysticsoto
08-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Completely agree and there are other factors to consider too:

1. Mike Mularkey: He is a master on tricky plays and if Moulds was throwing the ball... Woodbury is potentially a deep threat...

2. Tyke Tolbert: If he converted a former QB to an elite WR... IMO he could do it again...

LTBF mentioned that we cannot put him on PS - he is not elegible. So either we add him to our roster, or we cut him and lose him...

Earthquake Enyart
08-09-2005, 11:06 AM
He reminds me of James Harris. :ee:

The_Philster
08-09-2005, 03:34 PM
put Matthews on IR for an "injury" that will keep him aroundyeah...but we couldn't use him..IR is an all-season thing

Meathead
08-09-2005, 05:40 PM
I know it's been asked before but I can't remember - have the Bills ever had a negro quarterback?

The_Philster
08-09-2005, 06:24 PM
He reminds me of James Harris. :ee:
I know it's been asked before but I can't remember - have the Bills ever had a negro quarterback?

Meathead
08-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Well? Has there?

The_Philster
08-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Well? Has there?James Harris...I thought my using that quote would hint that to you ;)

Konyeezie
08-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Didn't Marlin Briscoe play some QB for us?

Woodbury would be handy on the scout team when preparing for Vick...