First Time Watching Bills Football with Tivo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

First Time Watching Bills Football with Tivo!

Nice to be able to slow down the play and look at what ever you want to look at on your own. It is pretty cool.

Observations:

I thought the Bills ran the ball to the left much better than I thought they would.

Conversely, I was disappointed in the way they couldn't run the ball to the right.

McGee knocked Davenport right out of the game.

Defense looked good, but the Packer OL may be one of the few that is worse than ours.

I hope JP has more good plays than bad. It does seem that he runs when he should throw and he throws when he should run. I think he's gonna break our hearts this year with a bone head play or two that cost us games.

Holcombe looks more steady. He won't win the game with the big play, but he won't hurt you either. I may have to start Holcombe's Homos.
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Re: First Time Watching Bills Football with Tivo!

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
    Nice to be able to slow down the play and look at what ever you want to look at on your own. It is pretty cool.

Observations:

I thought the Bills ran the ball to the left much better than I thought they would.

Conversely, I was disappointed in the way they couldn't run the ball to the right.

McGee knocked Davenport right out of the game.

Defense looked good, but the Packer OL may be one of the few that is worse than ours.

I hope JP has more good plays than bad. It does seem that he runs when he should throw and he throws when he should run. I think he's gonna break our hearts this year with a bone head play or two that cost us games.

Holcombe looks more steady. He won't win the game with the big play, but he won't hurt you either. I may have to start Holcombe's Homos.
    I’ve been thinking about Holcomb since the day we signed him. I think he would be nice and steady for this team.

Not that I’m giving up on JP.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      I’ve been thinking about Holcomb since the day we signed him. I think he would be nice and steady for this team.

Not that I’m giving up on JP.
      With all the weapons we have, we just need someone who's smart.

An erratic QB will kill us.

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

With all the weapons we have, we just need someone who's smart.

An erratic QB will kill us.
        Exactly. This team is loaded and ready to make a run. We are taking a chance going with JP and hoping that he can keep things steady. If he can’t we waste a whole season where we can be really good. At the same time, You can’t keep that guy on the bench for too long.

And Holcomb is no Joe Montana, but he looked great 2 years ago in Cleveland in that playoff season. He has never been with a team as loaded as this one. I think this guy would be a perfect fit.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• EricStratton
          • Jul 2002

The trouble with hitching the wagon to Holcomb is he can’t stay healthy. Even if he was the starter he would get banged up in a game or two and we would have JP under center anyway.

That's why he's a backup in this league and that's why th eBills got him for a pretty cheap price considering his talent.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Exactly. This team is loaded and ready to make a run. We are taking a chance going with JP and hoping that he can keep things steady. If he can’t we waste a whole season where we can be really good. At the same time, You can’t keep that guy on the bench for too long.

And Holcomb is no Joe Montana, but he looked great 2 years ago in Cleveland in that playoff season. He has never been with a team as loaded as this one. I think this guy would be a perfect fit.
            Cleveland hasn't had a running game for years. That exposed Holcombe to injury.

All we should need is a guy who can handoff to Willis, and not give the ball away.

I was disappointed with JP during the scrimmage. It looks like he has a long way to go.

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

Cleveland hasn't had a running game for years. That exposed Holcombe to injury.

All we should need is a guy who can handoff to Willis, and not give the ball away.

I was disappointed with JP during the scrimmage. It looks like he has a long way to go.
              He looked good for the first few plays but then fizzled.

The Buffalo news was raving about him, I thought they went over board.

So what do you think, JP stinks up the first 2 preseason games, Does Mularkey make the change?
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I was just happy to escape the scrimmage without injuries. I was also glad that we had the scrimmage especially in a sold out stadium so JP could get a feel for it. The more snaps he makes the more mistakes he will make and the sooner he'll learn from them. I would rather he makes them now than in regular season.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i think you guys are being a little hard on jp..

he was 6 of 11 for 40 yards.. no picks.. no fumbles lost, and no tds..

it was the first live action he has had..

peyton threw an int in his first preseason game.. he is probably gonna suck this season.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i think you guys are being a little hard on jp..

he was 6 of 11 for 40 yards.. no picks.. no fumbles lost, and no tds..

it was the first live action he has had..

peyton threw an int in his first preseason game.. he is probably gonna suck this season.
                    I love JP and I hope he does well.

This team is just so good and so deep and it’s taking such a chance going with this guy. I’m more nervous then anything.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

He looked good for the first few plays but then fizzled.

The Buffalo news was raving about him, I thought they went over board.

So what do you think, JP stinks up the first 2 preseason games, Does Mularkey make the change?
                      He's gonna start opening day. If he stinks, I can't imagine them giving him that long a leash.

Are they serious about having their QB be the lead blocker on the end around? They ran that play twice!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I love JP and I hope he does well.

This team is just so good and so deep and it’s taking such a chance going with this guy. I’m more nervous then anything.
                        I feel that way too. I'd hate to see JP screw this up.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i envision jps season being alot like carson palmers.. by the end of the year last year, palmer looked like the top pick he was.. he was playing very well..

the difference is that jp has a defense and more playmakers around him, so his struggles early HOPEFULLY wont cost us.. because by the end of the year.. i think jp will be ready to lead us to the playoffs.. the defense and special teams just have to keep us in contention until then.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

i envision jps season being alot like carson palmers.. by the end of the year last year, palmer looked like the top pick he was.. he was playing very well..

the difference is that jp has a defense and more playmakers around him, so his struggles early HOPEFULLY wont cost us.. because by the end of the year.. i think jp will be ready to lead us to the playoffs.. the defense and special teams just have to keep us in contention until then.

I hope you're right.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

The Bengals have as many offensive weapons as we do.

JP better do better than Palmer did.

Comment

Working...
                              X