PDA

View Full Version : Whats the craziest thing you ever did to watch a bills game?

BillsOwnAll
08-08-2005, 08:56 AM
so..whats the craziest thing you ever did just to watch a bills game?

I skipped SATS for a bills pats game last year hah.

ShadowHawk7
08-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I ran home from my friends church under the pouring rain to catch the Bills-Jags game two years ago. :snicker:

OpIv37
08-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Oh man where to start with this one- for about two years I went to sports bars every weekend. One time I had to pay a $10 cover and listen to some crappy alt-rock band play to watch a Thursday night game.

I snuck out of a work Christmas party to watch the game in the back with the wait staff.

I bought DirecTV and Sunday Ticket so I can watch the games at home.

I hooked up a second TV in the basement and had to run cable lines all through the house so we can watch the Bills games and other games at the same time.

I've flown/driven back from Thanksgiving on Saturday instead of Sunday so I didn't miss the game.

For all of high school/college, I was working at Wegmans, and I turned down extra pay on Sundays so I didn't miss the Bills games.

BAM
08-08-2005, 10:11 AM
A couple years ago I blew off my girlfriend's father's wedding to go to the Patriots-Bills opener.

She wasn' very amused, neither was the fam. We're cool now though. :up:

natefan22
08-08-2005, 10:17 AM
ive killed a man to watch a bills game

Bill Brasky
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM
ive killed a man to watch a bills game
damn dude, you must be "from the wrong side of the tracks"

OpIv37
08-08-2005, 10:35 AM
A couple years ago I blew off my girlfriend's father's wedding to go to the Patriots-Bills opener.

She wasn' very amused, neither was the fam. We're cool now though. :up:

What kind of a man gets married on opening weekend of football season? I bet I know who wears the pants in that relationship- dude needs to grow a pair.

Dozerdog
08-08-2005, 10:50 AM
I got married Dec 30, 1995.

We made the plans to coincide with the anniversary of our first date, plus many other reasons. The year before the Bills missed the playoffs and looked to be in a rebuilding phase, and with 12/30 being the first saturday after the season ended, I figured

1) What were the odds of the Bills playing in the playoffs after a 6-10 season the year before?

2) If they did go back, what were the odds that they would be the noon saturday game on wild card weekend?

Well, all the cards fell into place to screw me. So I made sure all of my Buffalo guests would see the game anyway- as I brought TVs to the wedding & reception. We got married at exactly noon - 30 minutes before kickoff.

It was Don Shula's last game, and the Bills wound up clobbering Miami and setting an NFL rushing record for a playoff game- over 330 yards by the team.

Dozerdog
08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Many times I've sat in the car listening to aweful AM reception - maybe getting 3- 4 words out of every sentance. Now I sit in the car and listen to Sirius NFL radio:up:

BAM
08-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Many times I've sat in the car listening to aweful AM reception - maybe getting 3- 4 words out of every sentance. Now I sit in the car and listen to Sirius NFL radio:up: I used to do that also... in my parents Dodge Caravan before we got the Internet. I was 10 years old at the time.

1080 AM was the channel I used to try to get. SOmetimes I had to hold my hand on the antenna to get anything at all...

BAM
08-08-2005, 10:59 AM
What kind of a man gets married on opening weekend of football season? I bet I know who wears the pants in that relationship- dude needs to grow a pair.
Yah no kidding. It was actually on the Saturday that weekend, but I didn't feel like driving late at night or waking up early.

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2005, 12:16 PM
When in college I would drive 2 hours to Damons in Erie to watch games by myself.....

Canadian'eh!
08-08-2005, 12:47 PM
One time, I couldn't find the remote and had to get up and change the channel to the Bills game BY HAND!

I was also out of beer that day :shakeno:

The last buffalo fan
08-08-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't know if it applies into crazy category, but I have been watching the games at a local sports bar "El Torito", in the middle of a bunch of many many fans, none of those to the bills, mainly from the USA. When they looked at me, wearing jerseys, tshirts and/or bills hats, they start to kidding me. That's why they call me the last (and only) buffalo fan.

FlyingDutchman
08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Not really a crazy thing, more like an a$$ thing to do, has to be when I skipped A family Christmas party to go to my friends place to watch the game (said I had a Migrane headache)......

Cntrygal
08-08-2005, 04:01 PM
All last season I got up at 2am (Monday) to listen to the game via a radio link and THEN went to work all day.

Cntrygal
08-08-2005, 04:02 PM
One time, I couldn't find the remote and had to get up and change the channel to the Bills game BY HAND!

I was also out of beer that day :shakeno:

That's poor planning. :cynic:

The_Philster
08-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Twice during the '99 season, I drove to the stadium all the way from Lancaster, PA on the morning of the game

footballhottie
08-08-2005, 04:21 PM
i drove 500 miles at 85-100 MPH to see a pats-bills game

footballhottie
08-08-2005, 04:22 PM
only took 6 hours

DynaPaul
08-08-2005, 04:56 PM
This didn't happen during the game but after the game on the way back to Albany. Me and my Pop went out to a game in 2000 sometime, I forget which game it was but I remembered that we lost. Well we took my 1999 convertible Mustang out to Buffalo and on the way back I was tired so I let him drive for awhile. So I passed out for awhile and then I finally wake up and we're going really fast and I can hear my Dad yelling "Come on you stupid a*sh*le, get the h*ll out of the way!" with this crazed look on his face as he weaves through traffic. Then he looks at me and says "You missed it! We were going over 100MPH!"

That was the last time he drove the Mustang...

PromoTheRobot
08-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Do you remember the snowstorm before the Bills last AFC championship game vs. KC? I wanted to see the game but I was unemployed at the time, so I went to the stadium to work for $5 an hour shoveling snow. Hard f****n' work! It was bitter cold too. Had to work 12 hours to earn enough for a ticket, but Ralph Wilson gave everybody who worked a ticket to the game, plus their pay!

Let me also say there were many guys there who were doing that miserable job just to put food on their family's table. A real eye opener. Puts things in perspective.

PTR

ParanoidAndroid
08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Do you remember the snowstorm before the Bills last AFC championship game vs. KC? I wanted to see the game but I was unemployed at the time, so I went to the stadium to work for $5 an hour shoveling snow. Hard f****n' work! It was bitter cold too. Had to work 12 hours to earn enough for a ticket, but Ralph Wilson gave everybody who worked a ticket to the game, plus their pay!

Let me also say there were many guys there who were doing that miserable job just to put food on their family's table. A real eye opener. Puts things in perspective.

PTR
Great story!!! :posrep:

Marvelous
08-08-2005, 05:49 PM
i have 2.

-I was married last november and instead of saving the sunday money we got married on a saturday ;). For reasons unknown to me resorts charge more on saturdays. Oh well :) We also didn't honeymonn till monday so i/we could watch us beat the piss outta San Fran. Milloy 3x sacks & Cambell 3TDs. A great day..

-I had a dui about 6 years ago and had to spend the night in jail and i wasn't released until 5pm sunday. Talk about learning the hard way!!! BUT the brothers in jail didn't wanna watch the Bills game, so i made rediculous bets for and against the Bills with points etc... and everyone was all pumped about the 1:00 Bills game :) I was released about a hour after the and left owing about $40. in snacks and crap. :lmao:

- Also a few years ago, Peerless Price rookie year i think me & my now wife lost power and had to drive (halftime) 15 miles in like 15 minutes.. we missed 1 play... Suffice to say, i take it very serious......

--Great stories btw. Esp Bams with his girls dads wedding..lol his own fault as i'm sure he KNEW you were diehard...

BillsOwnAll
08-09-2005, 03:06 PM
haha anymore?