PDA

View Full Version : MMQB: Bills look like jail-breakers

Dicknoze69
08-08-2005, 10:02 AM
8. I think if you watched any of the Packers-Bills scrimmage from Green Bay the other night on NFL Network, the easy thing to do would be to say that Green Bay's offense looked leaky because it's still meshing with two new guards and because it's only preseason. But that, to me, was a very worrisome display. The Bills looked like jail-breakers when the first teams were on the field.

It's nice to see someone who does this stuff for a living actually watched the scrimmage.

natefan22
08-08-2005, 10:20 AM
what the hell does he mean by jail breakers

EDS
08-08-2005, 10:28 AM
what the hell does he mean by jail breakers

I think he means that the Bills defense could break through Green Bay's line at will.

ryjam282
08-08-2005, 10:35 AM
I think he meant that we attacked from all sides with our blitz....Everyone was coming in.

Tatonka
08-08-2005, 11:24 AM
i thought it was kind of funny how much we blitzed.. the coaches obviously have supreme confidence in our DBs.. and so do I.. that kind of blitzing pressure is going to cause a few things..

1. qbs will get sacked
2. qbs will fumble the ball
3. qbs will throw it up and get picked off
4. qbs will burn us on occassion because of the coverage we are left with..

i like the odds though .

Michael82
08-08-2005, 12:02 PM
The defense had about 18 "sacks" according to George Wilson. But he said that it was even more than that. If they counted every single one, the Bills defense (1st, 2nd and 3rd team) had about 22-24 sacks. :shocked:

casdhf
08-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I think we'll see more and more blitzing to cover for McGee, Greer, and Thomas' lack of experience. Plus, we have 2 pro-bowl vet safeties to watch the middle, I think the pass D will be great.

TigerJ
08-08-2005, 01:04 PM
I thought it was the other way around, casdhf. You protect corners by playing a lot of zone and only rushing 4. Blitzing demonstrates faith in the ability of your DBs to cover man for man.

EDS
08-08-2005, 01:21 PM
I think we'll see more and more blitzing to cover for McGee, Greer, and Thomas' lack of experience. Plus, we have 2 pro-bowl vet safeties to watch the middle, I think the pass D will be great.

I don't think lack of experience is that big a factor anymore. McGee is entering his third season, with one in the bag as a starter so he is more or less a veteran at this point. Thomas is entering his fourth year, and has had decent playing time when healthy, so as far as a back-up he has good experience. Greer certaintly is more experienced then he was last year.

Point being the Bills defense was pretty good last year and each of these guys has a full year of additional experience going into this season. They should only be better.

mysticsoto
08-08-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't think lack of experience is that big a factor anymore. McGee is entering his third season, with one in the bag as a starter so he is more or less a veteran at this point. Thomas is entering his fourth year, and has had decent playing time when healthy, so as far as a back-up he has good experience. Greer certaintly is more experienced then he was last year.

Point being the Bills defense was pretty good last year and each of these guys has a full year of additional experience going into this season. They should only be better.

I think Thomas is hurt and may be out for atleast the beginning of the season. I think Greer will probably grab the nickel, but I've seen reports that King and Fontanet Therrionot (sp ?) are fighting for it also. Regardless, we will definitely have good depth also...

Stewie
08-08-2005, 05:51 PM
casdhf's post is retarted