PDA

View Full Version : I heard the starting OL played average...

casdhf
08-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I think an average OL is all we need with mobile JP and all-world Willis, but I was wondering what the backup OL did? McFarland, Tucker, Peters .....any of these players do anything good?

Dozerdog
08-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Where did you hear that?

Most of the scrimmage was played with 3rd & 4th stringers- three of our depth guys from last year missed out - Tucker, Sobieski, and Smith all were injured

casdhf
08-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Where did you hear that?

Most of the scrimmage was played with 3rd & 4th stringers- three of our depth guys from last year missed out - Tucker, Sobieski, and Smith all were injured
here...Gandy held his own, but I got the impression that Villerial, M.Williams didn't really blow anyone up....I was gone all weekend and was hoping to hear something about the OL, other than they were ok. But, no news is good news when you're talking OL, right?

OpIv37
08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I thought the right side of the O-line (Villarial and Williams) were weak on run blocking- they weren't getting a good push and McGahee was being forced to bounce outside or power forward for minimal gain.

As far as back-ups, it's tough to tell cuz GB has no depth so they were going up against poor quality competition. The only one I really watched was Peters. He was good when he had enough space to force his man wide of the play, but he struggled when he had to push his man backwards. I can't say for sure but it seemed to be a footwork problem.