PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering how Miami was going to screw up the 2nd pick in the draft!

Patrick76777
08-08-2005, 11:00 AM
They still haven’t signed the Ronnie Brown.

Out of the top ten picks 5 are unsigned. Besides for the Titans who are negotiating with a felon, the other 3 teams to not sign their picks are Chicago, Arizona and Cleveland. 3 Franchises who just like Miami, know how to not only draft rejects but also how to somehow find a way to screw up just about every player they select.

OpIv37
08-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Please- as much as I hate Miami, I wouldn't lump them in with Arizona, Chicago and Cleveland- those are franchises that are constantly struggling. I've been following football for about 15 years, and the only time I remember the dolphins having a truly bad season was this past year. A "Bad" season for them is like 9-7 and barely missing the playoffs. I hate to admit it, but they're a fairly successful franchise.

Michael82
08-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Please- as much as I hate Miami, I wouldn't lump them in with Arizona, Chicago and Cleveland- those are franchises that are constantly struggling. I've been following football for about 15 years, and the only time I remember the dolphins having a truly bad season was this past year. A "Bad" season for them is like 9-7 and barely missing the playoffs. I hate to admit it, but they're a fairly successful franchise.
with a very poor fan base though.

Static
08-08-2005, 12:36 PM
with a very poor fan base though.

I am a very good fan base........just live too far away from Florida

justasportsfan
08-08-2005, 12:37 PM
the fins are supposedly 3 million in guaranteed pay away from what Brown and his agents are looking for. Simth was paid 22 and the fins offered Brown around 19.I hope the browns sign Edwards close to what the 9er's paid for Smith, that way Brown will want the same or hold out :snicker:

Static
08-08-2005, 12:41 PM
the fins are supposedly 3 million in guaranteed pay away from what Brown and his agents are looking for. Simth was paid 22 and the fins offered Brown around 19.I hope the browns sign Edwards close to what the 9er's paid for Smith, that way Brown will want the same or hold out :snicker:

From what i have read, the agent for Edwards is waiting on the Brown deal.....

MDFINFAN
08-08-2005, 12:45 PM
They still haven’t signed the Ronnie Brown.

Out of the top ten picks 5 are unsigned. Besides for the Titans who are negotiating with a felon, the other 3 teams to not sign their picks are Chicago, Arizona and Cleveland. 3 Franchises who just like Miami, know how to not only draft rejects but also how to somehow find a way to screw up just about every player they select.

You know better than this kind of post...Miami has never like to overpay for any player, especially an unproven one like Brown..SF over did it in my opinion which is causing problems down the line..Brown will be in camp if Miami and his agent can compromise...but for a RB, 22mil qurantee is a lot and I don't blame miami for trying to find some language to protect themselves.

justasportsfan
08-08-2005, 12:48 PM
You know better than this kind of post...Miami has never like to overpay for any player, especially an unproven one like Brown..SF over did it in my opinion which is causing problems down the line..Brown will be in camp if Miami and his agent can compromise...but for a RB, 22mil qurantee is a lot and I don't blame miami for trying to find some language to protect themselves.I don't blame miami or Brown in this case. The 9'ers screwed up the situation for overpaying :D.

MDFINFAN
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't blame miami or Brown in this case. The 9'ers screwed up the situation for overpaying :D.

I agree

jmb1099
08-08-2005, 01:10 PM
You know better than this kind of post...Miami has never like to overpay for any player, especially an unproven one like Brown..SF over did it in my opinion which is causing problems down the line..Brown will be in camp if Miami and his agent can compromise...but for a RB, 22mil qurantee is a lot and I don't blame miami for trying to find some language to protect themselves. The Dolphins need to be very careful in the wording of the contract and I agree...22mil for an unproven is way too much money.

Samphin1
08-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I think this is just part of the process, really. I would love to see him in camp sometime this week though. He really is only hurting himself. The good thing is that in a recent article they said that his daily routine is working out and studying the playbook. If he is doing that all day everyday, he should hopefully catch on a little quicker than the average rookie who is missing camp.

If he misses anymore of camp though, I think you may see Saban go ballistic on him once he finally shows up.

ParanoidAndroid
08-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I think this is just part of the process, really. I would love to see him in camp sometime this week though. He really is only hurting himself. The good thing is that in a recent article they said that his daily routine is working out and studying the playbook. If he is doing that all day everyday, he should hopefully catch on a little quicker than the average rookie who is missing camp.

If he misses anymore of camp though, I think you may see Saban go ballistic on him once he finally shows up.
"You owe me 10,000 suicides and 5,000 pushups." - Coach Carter

Static
08-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Seems like Browns agent is more worried about his image than his client

DraftBoy
08-08-2005, 02:55 PM
As careful as the Phins are likely being in this negotiation you cannot blame Brown and his agent for asking for ridiculous money upfront. He was drafted to a team as the assumed starter but then Ricky comes back and now even though he was named the starter he is unproven and we all know how good Ricky can be. I cannot blame him for going against the usual rookie contracts of getting extra money through incentives and instead asking for it guaranteed. The Ricky comeback may turn out to hurt the Dolphins more than it helps. As for the others they are just waiting for Edwards deal. Although I heard the deal with Pollack is that owner Paul Brown is being stingy with the dough, no big surprise there though.

HAMMER
08-08-2005, 05:57 PM

He is certainly hurting more than just himself.