PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish

Tatonka
08-08-2005, 11:28 AM
after reading Logs post.. i have to agree that Parrish is going to be huge on 3rd downs.. but i will go a step further.. Roscoe is going to be a damn good wr..

there is something about him that just seems like he is the real deal.. he is small but thick (yeah.. thick at 169 lbs).. the guy gets open and can outrun people.. he is constantly diving for balls and shows that he is giving it full effort..

i just think this guy is going to be a great player for us.. i am sure of it.

Crisis
08-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Unless Aiken comes along...When Moulds retires/leaves we have one of the smallest WR cores in the league.

Evans, Parrish, Reed?

casdhf
08-08-2005, 11:40 AM
think L.Coles (parrish) and M.Harrison (lee) as our future WRs

Jan Reimers
08-08-2005, 11:42 AM
after reading Logs post.. i have to agree that Parrish is going to be huge on 3rd downs.. but i will go a step further.. Roscoe is going to be a damn good wr..

there is something about him that just seems like he is the real deal.. he is small but thick (yeah.. thick at 169 lbs).. the guy gets open and can outrun people.. he is constantly diving for balls and shows that he is giving it full effort..

I agree, T, he has great speed and hands, and seems to really want to play. He's small, but so what?

ublinkwescore
08-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I see Lee Evans as more of a Torry Holt myself.

Bulldog
08-08-2005, 11:49 AM
TD has made it no secret that he subscribes to the "best player available" drafting strategy. And while WR maybe wasn't as big a need as the o-line, Buffalo grabbed a player that was arguably the most exciting player in all of college football last year. I think Parrish may be one of those guys that can make plays that alter the outcome of a game. I like the pick and am excited to see how Mularky & company utilize his talents.

LtBillsFan66
08-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Looking at the training camp videos on bb.com, I said DAMN! on a few plays to #11. Then I look up the # and it's Parrish. He'll be a playmaker!

casdhf
I see Lee Evans as more of a Torry Holt myself.
I think Harrison and Holt are basically the same WRs

casdhf
Looking at the training camp videos on bb.com, I said DAMN! on a few plays to #11. Then I look up the # and it's Parrish. He'll be a playmaker!
Is he gonna keep #11?

Devin
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
We have a very fast, very young O now. And I think this season is going to be very exciting.

dannyek71
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Unless Aiken comes along...When Moulds retires/leaves we have one of the smallest WR cores in the league.

Evans, Parrish, Reed?

I dont think reed will be around until EM retires

Saratoga Slim
08-08-2005, 01:35 PM
anyone know how much we're paying Reed?

Tatonka
08-08-2005, 01:59 PM
there are several guys that have made it despite being small.. steve smith, moss, harrison, chambers, patten, branch, burleson, all good wrs.. and i am sure their are more that i am not thinking of right now.

Meathead
08-08-2005, 02:14 PM

I was impressed with Parrish in that scrimmage. He appears to definitely have the look of a playmaker.

But the odds are still stacked heavily against him to take the #3 job away from Reed by the time the season opens. The #3 job is essentially a part-starter and it's dangerous to give that job to a green rookie.

I still predict that Reed with definitely have the #3 job as the season opens and may keep it all year. But I have to admit, I wouldn't put the odds on him keeping the job by mid-season as better than 50/50.

lordofgun
08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
there are several guys that have made it despite being small.. steve smith, moss, harrison, chambers, patten, branch, burleson, all good wrs.. and i am sure their are more that i am not thinking of right now.
Andre Reed wasn't huge.

Indy Bills Fan
08-08-2005, 02:35 PM
As long as Parrish can deal with the beating over 16 games I think he'll do great things.

JD
08-08-2005, 04:58 PM

His name sounds sick alone lol
Roscoe, im naming my kid that.

John Doe
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM

Nat Moore, Mark Clayton and Mark Duper were all small. They helped make Dan Marino the player that he was.

Tinboy
08-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Is he gonna keep #11?

Why not? We could finally have a good #11!!!

ryjam282
08-09-2005, 06:09 AM
Great post T, I have been trying to tell most of you since we drafted him that he will be as solid a WR as we are going to get. Size or not, he gives his all ALL the time. Being a fan of the U, I got to watch him for a few years and I can tell ya he is pretty good. He will of course make the occasional bonehead play but they usually happen from him trying to do too much. Like a fumble or something like that trying to stretch out for a first down. He isn't scared to go over the middle either or take hits. He got absolutely blasted by Stanford Samuels in the FSU game a few years ago and had some internal bleeding but he can back and still continued to impress. He definitely gets my vote and I am glad that most of you are finally coming aroune.

Dantheman1280
08-09-2005, 08:10 AM
I was on vacation and went to camp the first day and the night practice that night and the day after. Roscoe really impressed me! He looked great during practice and he stayed after practice each time and ran sprints and routes for 20 min after practice. Then on top of that he came over to the fence all 3 times and signed for about half and hour each time.

Kerr
08-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Roscoe will be the hr punch that Dante Hall is to KC.

MACKgahee
08-09-2005, 05:38 PM
the colts had one of the smallest core of recievers last year and they seemed to do OK

finsrclowns
08-09-2005, 08:10 PM

Here's the kiss of death. You were sure Reed was going to be a star, weren't you? :; But in this case I agree. :peace: