PDA

View Full Version : I thought Golisano was a billionaire?

JD
08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
If he puts more money into the team, he will get better results. Problems like the New York Rangers happen 1 in a million, their just garbage.

buffalofan19
08-08-2005, 07:14 PM
I don't think the Sabres are necessarily employing a lower payroll because of a toght budget. It seems more like a move to stay out of salary cap hell in coming years. While overall it seems like a good plan, I think Darcy Regier is being a little too cautious. We will see though.

BuffaloRanger
08-08-2005, 09:46 PM
They are employing the under 29 mil salary for one reason - to get the revenue sharing. Cheap bastards will complain when the team is sucking in Dec and the HSBC is half empty.

Sabres like the cost certainty of the cap. They are now certain other teams can only spend 12 mil more than they are willing to.

Oh yeah, I'll beat all the TG fans to the punch...

1. He's a good businessman, blah, blah, blah

2. He's a billionare because he doesn't waste his money (30 mil spent trying to be NYS gov not included)

3. Who are you to tell him how to spend his money???

4. Do you even know what it takes to make an extra 5 mil???

5. Just be happy we still have a team, blah, blah,blah

6. Why should he lose money to make you happy??

7. You are a ******ed ignoramus (I love that one!)

buffalofan19
08-08-2005, 09:55 PM
They are employing the under 29 mil salary for one reason - to get the revenue sharing. Cheap bastards will complain when the team is sucking in Dec and the HSBC is half empty.

Sabres like the cost certainty of the cap. They are now certain other teams can only spend 12 mil more than they are willing to.

2. He's a billionare because he doesn't waste his money (30 mil spent trying to be NYS gov not included)

LOL. so true.

Myers57
08-12-2005, 06:00 PM

lol that was great!

Ebenezer
08-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Everybody screamed for years when John Rigas refused to put money into the team from his pockets. It isn't as easy as it sounds. You can't always mix corporate money and personal money. Rigas did that with Adelphia and will now go to prison.

don137
08-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Like I posted in a different thread. The Sabres will be in good shape at the trading deadline to pick up a couple players to really help the team for the playoffs where teams that are maxed out in the cap won't be able to trade for anyone. All these big market teams will be hosed because they shot there wad in August.