PDA

View Full Version : Watching this game in HD..

Stewie
08-08-2005, 08:58 PM
.. I just bought my first HDTV last week. Watching sports in HD is un-freaking-beleivable...

Crisis
08-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Too bad the game is a snore fest.

MDFINFAN
08-08-2005, 09:35 PM
.. I just bought my first HDTV last week. Watching sports in HD is un-freaking-beleivable...

I envy you, would love to see the game in HD.

DraftBoy
08-08-2005, 09:40 PM
I think seeing Feelme get crushed was worth it

MDFINFAN
08-08-2005, 09:55 PM
I think seeing Feelme get crushed was worth it

As long as he gets up..I'm happy..JP will get his share

colin
08-08-2005, 10:03 PM
i was SUPPOSED to have HD for this, but the box won't be in for a couple more days!!!

just got a 42 inch panasonic plasma, god is that thing awesome!

baalworship
08-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Too bad the game is a snore fest.

Lol. Yeah, this game makes the scrimmage we had against the Pack look exciting.

Stewie
08-08-2005, 10:09 PM
i was SUPPOSED to have HD for this, but the box won't be in for a couple more days!!!

just got a 42 inch panasonic plasma, god is that thing awesome!

I was gonna get that TV too, but I decided it was just too much to spend on a television. Those panasonic plasmas are sweet.

Crisis
08-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I was gonna get that TV too, but I decided it was just too much to spend on a television. Those panasonic plasmas are sweet.
:snicker:

Doesn't it feel good to be one-upped?

ryjam282
08-09-2005, 06:11 AM
It's about time....Isn't it great....I can't imagine watching standard def games anymore, they are just so......not there.

Stewie
08-09-2005, 07:11 AM
:snicker:

Doesn't it feel good to be one-upped?

haha always...

colin
08-09-2005, 07:40 AM

i have been working really hard abroad for the past 2 years (getting tapes sent to me or staying up all night!! and taking a holiday the next day to catch games!), so this is my first season back in north america in a while.

please believe i am going to blow a wad on my TV and HD!

i'm getting the pvr too, so i can record bills games in HD.

Stewie
08-09-2005, 09:22 AM
i have been working really hard abroad for the past 2 years (getting tapes sent to me or staying up all night!! and taking a holiday the next day to catch games!), so this is my first season back in north america in a while.

please believe i am going to blow a wad on my TV and HD!

i'm getting the pvr too, so i can record bills games in HD.

Dunno about directTV but time warner lets you rent a HD DVR for 7 bucks a month... I think its a pretty good deal, especially considering you can attach an external HD so you can keep stuff you record long after you return it. Plus, anytime you want you can trade it in to get the latest and greatest model.

colin
08-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Dunno about directTV but time warner lets you rent a HD DVR for 7 bucks a month... I think its a pretty good deal, especially considering you can attach an external HD so you can keep stuff you record long after you return it. Plus, anytime you want you can trade it in to get the latest and greatest model.

i'm here in communist canada so i have to play with who the government lets me.

tivo ain't here yet, but should be soon.

i might just have to figure out how to hack into it tho, having a copy of the entire season in HD would be sweet.

McGahee420
08-09-2005, 09:49 AM
oh yeah, HD sports are sweet. Its like you are at the game live. Its crazy! I can't wait to see it when Buffalo is on(only away games though, because ill be there for all the home games).

OpIv37
08-09-2005, 10:56 AM
i'm here in communist canada so i have to play with who the government lets me.

tivo ain't here yet, but should be soon.

i might just have to figure out how to hack into it tho, having a copy of the entire season in HD would be sweet.

wouldn't it just be easier to get a DVD burner?

MDFINFAN
08-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Lol. Yeah, this game makes the scrimmage we had against the Pack look exciting.

I, unfotunately have to agree, it wasn't until berlin was in at the end did the game seem to move a little...now I wished we'd had a scrimage before the PS game started..they help you look better in the ps...go figure.

colin
08-09-2005, 12:17 PM
wouldn't it just be easier to get a DVD burner?

don't think the dvds would be high def or the right aspect ratio

MDFINFAN
08-09-2005, 12:21 PM
PaulB, in the final analysis, do you think it's worth the money for HD?

Stewie
08-09-2005, 03:43 PM
don't think the dvds would be high def or the right aspect ratio

they wouldn't, but you could fit the entire season in HD on one hard drive. Well worth a $50 investment.

Stewie
08-09-2005, 03:54 PM
PaulB, in the final analysis, do you think it's worth the money for HD?

IMO, HD is worth it if you have watch enough tv to justify the money.

I get time warner, but I might switch to dish network soon. The pure-hd channel selection is limited, but they're expanding, and discovery channel and tnt are good. If you're a fan of popular shows you'll find a lot of them are in HD (CSI, Leno/Letterman, Sportscenter, Desperate Hoochiemama's etc.) Watching sportscenter gives you a great idea of just how much better HD looks. The show and some game clips are recorded in HD, but a lot of the game film isn't. When they transition scenes, you can tell the difference immediately.

Very nice HD CRT's can be had for 600+. I needed a flat panel for space consideration, so my choices were LCD or Plasma. Panasonic's newer plasmas advertise 60,000 hours life and low burn in, and I wanted the 42" HD model but it was too much money. The ED model was $1300ish, but I wanted true HD. I bought a 27" HD LCD for $850, and I'm very happy with it. When prices come down in a couple of years, I can move it to my computer desk and get a bigger panel (and a kick-ass gaming monitor.)